8 replies to this topic

#1 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

MLive

The Detroit Red Wings assigned eight players today to the Grand Rapids Griffins: forwards Chris Conner, Joakim Andersson and Landon Ferraro; defensemen Doug Janik, Garnet Exelby and Brian Lashoff; and goaltenders Joey MacDonald and Jordan Pearce.

Janik, Exelby, Conner and MacDonald will go on waivers Monday and have until noon Tuesday to clear, at which point they would join the Griffins.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#2 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

As long as we don't lose any of them I'm happy. Any word on whether or not Brunnstrom will be offered a Contract or not?? Even if it's two-way deal that would be great to at least have him in our system and be a potential regular call-up when needed.

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

No Ericsson?

What a shame.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I feel like Nyquist is making a push to make this team, he most likely wont, but hes not on that list assigned 2 gr.

#5 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

I love Nyquist but yes definitely want him to get time in GR with a bigger role as the season goes on.

Posted Image

#6 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

There's still at least Nyquist, Tatar, Raedeke, Pyett and Ehrhardt of the waiver exempt ones with the team.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#7 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

I seriously hope we don't lose Conner or Exelby on waivers, they will be great additions in GR.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#8 RedBengals

RedBengals

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

MLive

So what about Emmerton and Brunnstorm?

I never understood what waivers actually means and how they work. I figure this is a good of a place as any to ask.

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

So what about Emmerton and Brunnstorm?

I never understood what waivers actually means and how they work. I figure this is a good of a place as any to ask.

Any player placed on the 'waiver wire' is susceptible of being claimed by any other team. After 24 hours on waivers, the player remains under contract by their original team and is assigned to whatever league they were destined. Waivers typically occur when players are being called up or sent down to/from the minors. Or when a team wants to get rid of a player.

BTW, all players cleared waivers.

http://www.mlive.com...aivers_ass.html

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  MOTB TOTAL: $12