• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

4 Players Will be Waived on Monday, 8 Assigned to GR

Rate this topic

MLive

The Detroit Red Wings assigned eight players today to the Grand Rapids Griffins: forwards Chris Conner, Joakim Andersson and Landon Ferraro; defensemen Doug Janik, Garnet Exelby and Brian Lashoff; and goaltenders Joey MacDonald and Jordan Pearce.

Janik, Exelby, Conner and MacDonald will go on waivers Monday and have until noon Tuesday to clear, at which point they would join the Griffins.

As long as we don't lose any of them I'm happy. Any word on whether or not Brunnstrom will be offered a Contract or not?? Even if it's two-way deal that would be great to at least have him in our system and be a potential regular call-up when needed.

So what about Emmerton and Brunnstorm?

I never understood what waivers actually means and how they work. I figure this is a good of a place as any to ask.

Any player placed on the 'waiver wire' is susceptible of being claimed by any other team. After 24 hours on waivers, the player remains under contract by their original team and is assigned to whatever league they were destined. Waivers typically occur when players are being called up or sent down to/from the minors. Or when a team wants to get rid of a player.

BTW, all players cleared waivers.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/10/five_players_clear_waivers_ass.html