81 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

Fabin is the last man standing.

Supposedly it is from Ken Holland in person... Maybe it is premature as TSN hasn't weighed in...

per Darren Dreger
$600,000 (NHL) over $105,000 (AHL) for Brunnstrom on 1 year deal with Red Wings.

Sidenote, Johnson has been let go.

Edited by Majsheppard, 03 October 2011 - 01:01 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Congrats Young Man! He absolutely earned it... Now Tear it up!

#3 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

It was probably (figuratively) a done deal when Mursak got injured. I doubt he gets sent to GR as most would imagine he wouldn't clear waivers.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#4 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

Good for him.

He needs to come to work every day and give a 100%. He has the skill, size and tools to help this team, it's all up to him.

Looking forward to seeing him become the next reclamation player that helps the team win a cup :thumbup:

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

Good for him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

It was probably (figuratively) a done deal when Mursak got injured. I doubt he gets sent to GR as most would imagine he wouldn't clear waivers.

If Wings at some point of the season have to waive one of their forwards it means that everyone's healthy. That would be quite something.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#7 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

If Wings at some point of the season have to waive one of their forwards it means that everyone's healthy. That would be quite something.

Well, healthy enough not to be on the IR. But yeah, you're right.

I think they see the potential in Brunnstrom and unless he busts I dont think they'd waive him to the A at any point this year really.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#8 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Dreger just tweeted it

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
$600,000 (NHL) over $105,000 (AHL) for Brunnstrom on 1 year deal with Red Wings.

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Good for him. I was really impressed with his preseason and his hard work attitude (at least as much as a fan can tell what a player's attitude really is). It's good to see he's earned a second NHL chance for himself.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#10 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:01 PM

Good for him. It seems like he really came into camp prepared, I'm excited to see him play - especially since I haven't seen any preseason games and he wasn't at the Red and White game.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#11 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Him and Nyquist were probably the two most impressive players that I noticed at camp. And it's really a no-loss situation. If he plays great then the Wings got a great deal and if he tanks then waive him and ship him off to GR or let someone else deal with him if they want to claim him. :thumbup:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#12 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Awesome, hopefully Homer can teach him a thing or two before he's done :thumbup:

#13 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Fantastic news, he looked like all kinds of determined this preseason and definitely earned it... just learning from the guys in that locker room, this could end up being one of the steals we look back on in awe... as long as he keeps working hard and stays determined, the sky is the limit!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#14 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

I would like to see Johnson end up in GR...

I think he would help them become a more complete team.

Is it possible to send Mursak down for a rehab assignment? I know there are rules for that... I am not quite sure what they are though.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#15 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

Good for him.

And hopefully, good for us.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#16 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Is it possible to send Mursak down for a rehab assignment? I know there are rules for that... I am not quite sure what they are though.

NHL clubs can send players down to the AHL for conditioning stints for up to 14 days with player approval.

#17 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Very nice!

At 600k, this is pretty much a no risk situation. I was thinking it would be more like 800k, so this could turn out to be a great steal.

Now lets hope he continues to work hard and try to earn a spot and minutes. I think he needs to bulk up a little and work on his D game a tad.

I have high hopes for him now!
Posted Image

#18 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

NHL clubs can send players down to the AHL for conditioning stints for up to 14 days with player approval.

I would send him down for the full period and hope to trade Hudler or Miller during that period. I would much rather keep Miller though.

#19 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

When Mursak comes off IR, he will almost certainly be assigned to GR for a conditioning stint. Up to two weeks. It will be mid to late January before we see Mursak skating for Detroit in a game. A little more than half the season. So let's see what happens with Bruno, Emmerton, Miller, Abby, Eaves, and Homer.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#20 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Would be terribly ironic if Brunnstrom ends up getting a regular job here.

Good on him. Hope he works out.

Posted Image