• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Brunnstrom is signed.

Rate this topic

Good for him.

He needs to come to work every day and give a 100%. He has the skill, size and tools to help this team, it's all up to him.

Looking forward to seeing him become the next reclamation player that helps the team win a cup :thumbup:

It was probably (figuratively) a done deal when Mursak got injured. I doubt he gets sent to GR as most would imagine he wouldn't clear waivers.

If Wings at some point of the season have to waive one of their forwards it means that everyone's healthy. That would be quite something.

If Wings at some point of the season have to waive one of their forwards it means that everyone's healthy. That would be quite something.

Well, healthy enough not to be on the IR. But yeah, you're right.

I think they see the potential in Brunnstrom and unless he busts I dont think they'd waive him to the A at any point this year really.

Good for him. I was really impressed with his preseason and his hard work attitude (at least as much as a fan can tell what a player's attitude really is). It's good to see he's earned a second NHL chance for himself.

Good for him. It seems like he really came into camp prepared, I'm excited to see him play - especially since I haven't seen any preseason games and he wasn't at the Red and White game.

Him and Nyquist were probably the two most impressive players that I noticed at camp. And it's really a no-loss situation. If he plays great then the Wings got a great deal and if he tanks then waive him and ship him off to GR or let someone else deal with him if they want to claim him. :thumbup:

Guest 13GoWings40

Awesome, hopefully Homer can teach him a thing or two before he's done :thumbup:

Fantastic news, he looked like all kinds of determined this preseason and definitely earned it... just learning from the guys in that locker room, this could end up being one of the steals we look back on in awe... as long as he keeps working hard and stays determined, the sky is the limit!

I would like to see Johnson end up in GR...

I think he would help them become a more complete team.

Is it possible to send Mursak down for a rehab assignment? I know there are rules for that... I am not quite sure what they are though.

Is it possible to send Mursak down for a rehab assignment? I know there are rules for that... I am not quite sure what they are though.

NHL clubs can send players down to the AHL for conditioning stints for up to 14 days with player approval.

Very nice!

At 600k, this is pretty much a no risk situation. I was thinking it would be more like 800k, so this could turn out to be a great steal.

Now lets hope he continues to work hard and try to earn a spot and minutes. I think he needs to bulk up a little and work on his D game a tad.

I have high hopes for him now!

NHL clubs can send players down to the AHL for conditioning stints for up to 14 days with player approval.

I would send him down for the full period and hope to trade Hudler or Miller during that period. I would much rather keep Miller though.

When Mursak comes off IR, he will almost certainly be assigned to GR for a conditioning stint. Up to two weeks. It will be mid to late January before we see Mursak skating for Detroit in a game. A little more than half the season. So let's see what happens with Bruno, Emmerton, Miller, Abby, Eaves, and Homer.

Guest Crymson

Would be terribly ironic if Brunnstrom ends up getting a regular job here.

Haha. Yeah, it sure would.

Would be terribly ironic if Brunnstrom ends up getting a regular job here.

Good on him. Hope he works out.

Well he beat Johnson out for the "Play until Mursak gets back" contract. Now he's got a new one; he gets to spend the first half of the season competing with Emmerton and Miller for two roster spots.

Well he beat Johnson out for the "Play until Mursak gets back" "Play until someone is traded" contract. Now he's got a new one; he gets to spend the first half of the season competing with Emmerton and Miller for two roster spots.

Fixed...

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hudler, Goodbye!