• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Brunnstrom is signed.

Rate this topic

I am not putting too much confidence in him right now. Looks like he can be effective when he wants to but his last preseason game he was pretty invisible.

Anyway where does he start 13th forward?

That's an unfair viewpoint. 3 games in 4 nights will make anyone look invisible.

good point. didnt think of that

Nyquist lit it up each game. It seemed like Brunnstorm didn't know how to handle not being the biggest, most physical guy out there and those hits in the second Toronto game threw him off his game. I don't know, he's got lots of talent for sure, just don't know if he doesn't need some AHL time to polish him up. We'll see, it's a 2-way for a reason.

I have LOVED this guy from the beginning and really thought that he would earn a job here....for some reason, i think it was meant to be!! I really like this kid!!!

And by the beginning you mean a couple years ago when you heard the Wings were interested in him :P

That's an unfair viewpoint. 3 games in 4 nights will make anyone look invisible.

Except for Nyquist.

That's Fantastic, I was really pulling for him to get a 2-Way Deal!! He had a great Camp and really proved that he wanted to be on this team by his play in the preseason. I can't wait to see what he can do in GR and when the Wings will call him up and see what he does there. Nice Job Fabian, good things happen when you're willing to work hard for it.

I was impressed with him in the PS, more so in the early games, but I'm happy to have him signed, especially at that price.

But he's got to keep working hard every night, he job is not done. When Mursak returns, whoever is worse out of Emmerton/Brunnstrom/Miller will be waived/traded.

That's Fantastic, I was really pulling for him to get a 2-Way Deal!! He had a great Camp and really proved that he wanted to be on this team by his play in the preseason. I can't wait to see what he can do in GR and when the Wings will call him up and see what he does there. Nice Job Fabian, good things happen when you're willing to work hard for it.

He's starting in Detroit, and will only play in GR if Detroit waive him and he clears.

I was impressed with him in the PS, more so in the early games, but I'm happy to have him signed, especially at that price.

But he's got to keep working hard every night, he job is not done. When Mursak returns, whoever is worse out of Emmerton/Brunnstrom/Miller will be waived/traded.

He's starting in Detroit, and will only play in GR if Detroit waive him and he clears.

I thought the point of the two way deal was he could play in GR without being waived?

I am so happy for Brunnstrom. I hoe he makes some noise.

a little off subject, it's past noon, have we heard if any of our waived guys cleared or were claimed? Sorry if this is in a different thread, I couldn't find anything on it...

RooseBill The Bill Roose

All five of #RedWings players placed on waivers yesterday cleared at noon today, and are headed to Grand Rapids. @DetroitRedWings

RooseBill The Bill Roose

All five of #RedWings players placed on waivers yesterday cleared at noon today, and are headed to Grand Rapids. @DetroitRedWings

Saw Joey Mac, McCollum, and another Griffin I didn't recognize at the bar last night. MacDonald looked less than thrilled.

Saw Joey Mac, McCollum, and another Griffin I didn't recognize at the bar last night. MacDonald looked less than thrilled.

What did he expect? Even after they re-signed him, all Holland talked about was getting a back up. Maybe he expected to be claimed?

Adding a little bit here....

Bruno's number for the season will be 76, short of 96 this what he was allowed to wear.

If 15 was good 76 better be 5 times better....plus 1.

My God....

I thought the point of the two way deal was he could play in GR without being waived?

Negative young Padawan. To be waiver exempt it's all about age and games played and number of seasons. It's quite messy to say the least. The difference between one way and two way is how much you get paid in the minors.

I thought Nyquist looked more talented than Brunnstorm, but Brunnstorm has got the size and if he can clog up the front of the net he's shown he's got the hands to deflect shots in all day. Great finisher. Nyquist is gonna get more experience in the AHL then step up and burn it up. Lots of young talent in the preseason though, Brunnstorm is just the tip of the new wave gonna be coming in. Things look good.

Babcock says...

"I think Brunner's a guy who eventually will be able to challenge for a top-six (forward) spot. I really believe that," Babcock said. "We understand it's a long year. We're about winning today and that's our focus.

"He's in a tough spot, but I'm not concerned about it. I talked to him a number of times. He's getting better, working hard. He'll get in a game."

Perhaps more importantly, Brunnstrom says...

Brunnstrom said he can't complain. He knew what he was up against when he joined the Red Wings on a tryout in training camp.

"This is the best group of forwards in the whole NHL," Brunnstrom said. "It's going to take a lot of work (to get in the lineup), but it's a lot of fun to hear that (he has top-six potential)."

The Red Wings have five days off before their next game, Friday at home against Columbus. All Brunnstrom can do is work hard in practice and bide his time.

"Of course I want to play, but the last two years have been so miserable and now I feel good," Brunnstrom said. "I'm on a great team with great guys. I feel like I'm (getting) better every day just by practicing with these guys. I'm having a lot of fun. Next step is to play some games."

Best quote from Brunner so far:

"It's been a tough two years for me; at times it wasn't as fun as it was before," Brunnstrom said. "But here, I wake up every morning and feel like 'Wow, it's a great day for hockey.'"

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/10/red_wings_mike_babcock_fabian.html

Edited by Red Wings Addict