• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
55fan

Caps, Pens schedule benefit

Rate this topic

If what I think is happening than I'm disgusted to see this. The Benefit is Fantastic and that's not what I'm upset about; but WHY is it the Pens and Caps doing this. Something tells me that Bettman set this up to make these two teams look this classy. It just so happens that it's Crosby's and Ovechkin's Teams that are doing this. How many players on the plane actually played on the Pens or Caps team?? 3 Former Red Wings died on the plane and yes the Wings went to the Funeral but why aren't they doing something like that. That's more of a thing that I would imagine that Mr. Illitch would set up with the Wings since I truly believe that he is a classy guy. I hope I'm wrong and if I am I'll eat Crow but it just makes me believe that it wasn't truly the idea of these two teams to do this and that there is a mastermind behind it. I know the plane crash did have an effect on Ovechkin at least that's what I heard but it just smells a little fishy to me to make Crosby and Ovechkin and their teams out to be the good guys. If something is going to be done it should envolve the entire NHL. If I'm out of line I apologize.

If what I think is happening than I'm disgusted to see this. The Benefit is Fantastic and that's not what I'm upset about; but WHY is it the Pens and Caps doing this. Something tells me that Bettman set this up to make these two teams look this classy. It just so happens that it's Crosby's and Ovechkin's Teams that are doing this. How many players on the plane actually played on the Pens or Caps team?? 3 Former Red Wings died on the plane and yes the Wings went to the Funeral but why aren't they doing something like that. That's more of a thing that I would imagine that Mr. Illitch would set up with the Wings since I truly believe that he is a classy guy. I hope I'm wrong and if I am I'll eat Crow but it just makes me believe that it wasn't truly the idea of these two teams to do this and that there is a mastermind behind it. I know the plane crash did have an effect on Ovechkin at least that's what I heard but it just smells a little fishy to me to make Crosby and Ovechkin and their teams out to be the good guys. If something is going to be done it should envolve the entire NHL. If I'm out of line I apologize.

One of the dumbest posts I've read...honestly.

Malkin. Ovechkin. Russians. Dots? Connected.

If it makes you feel any better, the wings are wearing a patch in honor of the three lost ex-Red Wings.

Organised by Lidstrom's and Draper's wives. http://loveforlokomotiv.com/

I know this may not be a popular post but is there some type of control on any donations for the http://loveforlokomotiv.com/ or the one the Pens/Caps are doing?

We can all agree the plane crash was a tragedy but putting that aside here, we gotta think about this. In a time of world economic crisis they are asking we donate money to families of people who got to play hockey and many made a great living doing it. I can totally understand for flight attendants, pilots, trainers, medical staff, players and anyone else on the plane that didn't make a large amount of cash. But if I was to donate I for sure don't want it going to the wives of families of players that are already rich beyond what a majority of us will ever attain.

So I just hope there is some type of control on the donations. Otherwise good stuff.

I know this may not be a popular post but is there some type of control on any donations for the http://loveforlokomotiv.com/ or the one the Pens/Caps are doing?

We can all agree the plane crash was a tragedy but putting that aside here, we gotta think about this. In a time of world economic crisis they are asking we donate money to families of people who got to play hockey and many made a great living doing it. I can totally understand for flight attendants, pilots, trainers, medical staff, players and anyone else on the plane that didn't make a large amount of cash. But if I was to donate I for sure don't want it going to the wives of families of players that are already rich beyond what a majority of us will ever attain.

So I just hope there is some type of control on the donations. Otherwise good stuff.

I understand what you are trying to say, but we are not talking about multi-million dollar hockey players here.

Malkin. Ovechkin. Russians. Dots? Connected.

I understand that Malkin and Ovechkin are Russian but so is Datsyuk an so is a lot of other players in the league. My question is WHY these two teams specifically?? Shouldn't the entire NHL have events like this with ALL 30 NHL Teams since there were some former NHL Players that died on the plane? If I'm out of line fine I apologize to anyone and everyone. I just don't see why it's only the Pens and Caps that are doing this. I know Jimmy Howard had the back of his Mask painted in honor of the 3 Fallen Red Wings and that's great. I just don't want this to be a publicity stunt in order to make the Caps and Pens look like the Saints of the NHL when the Plane Crash should have effected the entire NHL. Sorry for making so many people upset of this post but I get a little tired of hearing about these two teams so much every season becasue of a couple players on each team when there are 30 teams with other players just as great and even better.

I understand that Malkin and Ovechkin are Russian but so is Datsyuk an so is a lot of other players in the league. My question is WHY these two teams specifically?? Shouldn't the entire NHL have events like this with ALL 30 NHL Teams since there were some former NHL Players that died on the plane? If I'm out of line fine I apologize to anyone and everyone. I just don't see why it's only the Pens and Caps that are doing this. I know Jimmy Howard had the back of his Mask painted in honor of the 3 Fallen Red Wings and that's great. I just don't want this to be a publicity stunt in order to make the Caps and Pens look like the Saints of the NHL when the Plane Crash should have effected the entire NHL. Sorry for making so many people upset of this post but I get a little tired of hearing about these two teams so much every season becasue of a couple players on each team when there are 30 teams with other players just as great and even better.

It probably won't be just those two teams. That web site linked isn't even the NHL's site, so its most likely that the people reporting at sporting news just don't know who else is participating, so they are putting out just those two names. Maybe to get hits on their web site? Who knows. As I said earlier in this thread, the Wings are doing the same thing as the Caps/Pens, so I'm sure there will be others as well.

It probably won't be just those two teams. That web site linked isn't even the NHL's site, so its most likely that the people reporting at sporting news just don't know who else is participating, so they are putting out just those two names. Maybe to get hits on their web site? Who knows. As I said earlier in this thread, the Wings are doing the same thing as the Caps/Pens, so I'm sure there will be others as well.

Just heard last night during the Wings Home Opener that they were going to be acutioning off their Jersey's for the families of the Plane Crash Victims. That's ALL I wanted to know is that more team were involved and that someone wasn't trying to make the Pens and Caps out to be the two great teams of the league. For all intensive purposes I'm done with this thread. Thanks and Sorry.

Half the damn NHL had an alumni or prospect on that plane! Even if they didn't this is about how our sport's been wounded by the tragic passing of some great guys and some really young guys that didn't even get a chance to live their lives. The NHL is a brotherhood.

The NHL was classy enough to set this up. Of course, they're going to choose their two most popular teams. I see nothing wrong with that. Also, as someone already pointed out, Malkin and Ovechkin are Russia's two biggest NHL stars. Nothing at all disgusting about this.

Of course, they're going to choose their two most popular teams.

I have nothing to back this up but i'm pretty confident in saying that those are not the two most popular teams in the league. Up in the top 3rd of the league sure, but come on, the 2 most popular i feel is a stretch.

I have nothing to back this up but i'm pretty confident in saying that those are not the two most popular teams in the league. Up in the top 3rd of the league sure, but come on, the 2 most popular i feel is a stretch.

Maybe not to real hockey fans like us, but I'd say we're outnumbered by those who only know about Crosby, Ovechkin and the KHL incident. Because of that, it makes sense. I could be wrong though.