• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#1 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

I haven't been able to watch much of the pre-season, but when I did, Hudler did not look all that good. I'm not trying to start something. I'm mainly curious as to what I've missed, both good and bad, as far as he's concerned. And if it's bad, what are the contract-type chances he can be removed or set aside for someone better to come in? Thanks.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#2 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

Dude. With this thread, you might as well have put out a bat signal for Eva. :P

#3 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

This is such a lightning rod on this board, I don't even want to touch it... but here's my HONEST evaluation, un-biased as possible on all levels

He looked stronger and faster than years past and looked pretty hungry out there, however, he wasn't able to convert much and had very little consistency in the area of linemates...

All and all, I was actually pretty impressed with his play in the preseason, all stats aside...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#4 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

If thats the case, and he is stronger and faster, how long do you think the wings brass gives him to start producing?

#5 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Still lazy. Still sucks. :D

#6 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

I remember thinking last preseason he looked faster than usual too but it didnt end up being like that.

There was a quote about Babcock saying if he continues playing that good than he will be on the team and I also think it said something about his stay in the AHL will be short.

I kind of took that as we'll see how Hudler does on a scoring line, if he plays like last year and Nyquist continues playing well than Hudler will be traded and Nyquist put on the team.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#7 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

There was a quote about Babcock saying if he continues playing that good than he will be on the team and I also think it said something about his stay in the AHL will be short.

:huh:

Whaaa???

Eva's head just exploded.

#8 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

:huh:

Whaaa???

Eva's head just exploded.

That quote was about Nyquist.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#9 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

I predict a turnaround for hudler

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#10 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

From what I saw, he looked horrible. I think every single pass of his on Sunday's game was a turnover. Maybe he is just trying to hard, but he got nothing done. Completely unimpressed.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 05 October 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#11 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,844 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

From what I saw, he looked horrible. I think every single pass of his on Sunday's game was a turnover. Maybe he is just trying to hard, but he got nothing done. Completely unimpressed.

How about Filppula?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#12 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

My guess is he'll have a career year. Yes, I really do believe that.

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Fixed.

Nah, I am giving him his fair chance. Maybe he turns it around. Good Luck to you he that shall not be named!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#14 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

He had one bad season, awful season. Give him the benefit of the doubt, its a new season, if he does s***ty the first month, then u can rip him all u want.

#15 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

I have been pretty vocal in the past about his disappointments last season. But, honestly, I kind of liked what I saw from Hudler this preseason.

He was skating much harder, was doing a better job holding on to the puck, and made a few sweet passes that I saw. He didn't dazzle or light it up offensively, but he looked like he was working hard.

I really hope it works out for him this season, to be honest.
Posted Image

#16 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

He had one bad season, awful season. Give him the benefit of the doubt, its a new season, if he does s***ty the first month, then u can rip him all u want.

He did have a God awful season. I hope he comes out and just has a great season but only time will tell. I hope he performs well, better for the team. And when he does perform well.....that's would give us more leverage when we try to trade him at the deadline. :hehe:
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#17 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

His off season training was no joke. Maybe we'll see him do this...

But it's probably more likely he'll try this...

#18 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

Thanks, troops. I watched him for a few plays in Sunday's game and that was about it; but it sounds like overall there's still hope for him. And that's a good thing. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#19 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

I was as dissatisfied as anyone with him after last year, but it sounds like he really busted his ass this summer. I don't think Babcock would defend him at this point after last year if he didn't believe that Hudler's putting in a hell of a lot of hard work off the ice to improve on his weaknesses. So pre-season aside, I'm more than willing to give him a fair chance this year. I'm very open-minded and I'd love to see him succeed. However, at this point, I couldn't begin to guess which way it'll go. I don't think we'll know until late-November or December.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#20 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Fixed.

How about Filppula?

I see what you did there. :ph34r:

And I highly approve. :thumbup: