• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Hudler?

Rate this topic

I haven't been able to watch much of the pre-season, but when I did, Hudler did not look all that good. I'm not trying to start something. I'm mainly curious as to what I've missed, both good and bad, as far as he's concerned. And if it's bad, what are the contract-type chances he can be removed or set aside for someone better to come in? Thanks.

This is such a lightning rod on this board, I don't even want to touch it... but here's my HONEST evaluation, un-biased as possible on all levels

He looked stronger and faster than years past and looked pretty hungry out there, however, he wasn't able to convert much and had very little consistency in the area of linemates...

All and all, I was actually pretty impressed with his play in the preseason, all stats aside...

I remember thinking last preseason he looked faster than usual too but it didnt end up being like that.

There was a quote about Babcock saying if he continues playing that good than he will be on the team and I also think it said something about his stay in the AHL will be short.

I kind of took that as we'll see how Hudler does on a scoring line, if he plays like last year and Nyquist continues playing well than Hudler will be traded and Nyquist put on the team.

I have been pretty vocal in the past about his disappointments last season. But, honestly, I kind of liked what I saw from Hudler this preseason.

He was skating much harder, was doing a better job holding on to the puck, and made a few sweet passes that I saw. He didn't dazzle or light it up offensively, but he looked like he was working hard.

I really hope it works out for him this season, to be honest.

He had one bad season, awful season. Give him the benefit of the doubt, its a new season, if he does s***ty the first month, then u can rip him all u want.

He did have a God awful season. I hope he comes out and just has a great season but only time will tell. I hope he performs well, better for the team. And when he does perform well.....that's would give us more leverage when we try to trade him at the deadline. :hehe:

I was as dissatisfied as anyone with him after last year, but it sounds like he really busted his ass this summer. I don't think Babcock would defend him at this point after last year if he didn't believe that Hudler's putting in a hell of a lot of hard work off the ice to improve on his weaknesses. So pre-season aside, I'm more than willing to give him a fair chance this year. I'm very open-minded and I'd love to see him succeed. However, at this point, I couldn't begin to guess which way it'll go. I don't think we'll know until late-November or December.

In all honesty, and I know EVERYONE knows how I have been towards him, but really, if he can find consistency on Datsyuk's wing and become the player is he supposed to be, I will be very happy. So raise your glass to him being on Datsyuk's wing and scoring 30+ goals! (that just means Holland will have to pay him more as a UFA...) but if he is worth it, he is worth it. Good Luck Jiri!

Hudler - Datsyuk - Franzen

...I am on board for him to excel! (I am saying this now, so when and if he does start scoring, it doesn't look like I am jumping on a bandwagon.)

I figured we should just have a thread for this because it comes up in every other thread at least once.

A strong start for Hudler, and Mursak a few weeks away... How much does he have to do to make him a valuable trading commodity?

EDIT: Alright I am done, there is no reason for a negative 12 for simply making a placeholder for the conversation we always have.

It was done so every other thread doesn't turn into it.

So go ahead delete it whatever. I don't care, I don't much care for online hate.

Got like plus three for running a draft thread that took my entire evening and get a negative 12 for a post to try and keep other threads clean. I am sick of anonymous internet hate.

Edited by Majsheppard

And people still don't understand.

Hudler isn't a tradeable asset regardless of how he's playing. 90 points or 10 points.

Why?

Because what the team gets back for him if he can be traded for something good will never match up to what he is bringing the team. If he's playing poorly, he's not going to bring back anything of value at all; perhaps just a minor leaguer the team would waive and then lose via UFA (think Tollefson) or something.

Filppula is more likely to be traded, and even then in no case is Flip going to be shopped unless he looks like he is going to lose his position in the top six to Helm. It's not likely he'll be traded unless the Wings get a great return on the deal.