• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Hudler?

Rate this topic

Obviously, the Hudler trade talk has reached the saturation point; but isn't it more valuable to the Wings if Hudler and Filppula simply perform at high levels as opposed to 'well enough to be traded'?

Personally, I'd rather see them play well and help this team than play just well enough for us to try and steal someone else.

Just for you Eva

2011-2012 Power Rankings: Week 2

RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (8) Red Wings 2-0-0 A super start by the perennial contenders. Jiri Hudler is looking like a solid bet to have a career season this year.

=)

I don't think we can tell just by 2 games besides if he keeps playing like he has or better...why would you want to trade him?

Obviously, the Hudler trade talk has reached the saturation point; but isn't it more valuable to the Wings if Hudler and Filppula simply perform at high levels as opposed to 'well enough to be traded'?

Personally, I'd rather see them play well and help this team than play just well enough for us to try and steal someone else.

Bingo! I love Huds and Flip, they add character and deep skill to the Wings. Eva also poured salt in my memory wound when he brought up tollefson (what a horrid exchange)..grass is always greener to some folks I guess...

Hudler for Leino?

:carrot: :hat: :banana:

Leino is older and significantly more expensive. The only advantages he has are that he just signed a contract, and that he's slightly larger. He has already shown difficulty with Detroit's system, and does not work nearly as hard as Hudler. He doesn't use his advantage in size to play a more physical game; if anything Hudler is the more physical player.

But with his size advantage, Buffalo would want Hudler to provide more offense. Meaning that it would be a downgrade in current player quality, for an older, more expensive player. No thanks.

Mursak is a little more than a few weeks away. He wouldn't even be coming back to "replace" Hudler either. We have a glut of bottom six forwards as it is -- trading away one of the players that has potential to fill a top six role and has done so pretty well in two games doesn't make a ton of sense.

I don't think the Wings are going to trade Hudler regardless. As others have stated, he has little value if he plays like last season and he's an asset to the Red Wings if he gets back or close to his peak playing days.

Edited by GoWings1905

Leino is older and significantly more expensive. The only advantages he has are that he just signed a contract, and that he's slightly larger. He has already shown difficulty with Detroit's system, and does not work nearly as hard as Hudler. He doesn't use his advantage in size to play a more physical game; if anything Hudler is the more physical player.

But with his size advantage, Buffalo would want Hudler to provide more offense. Meaning that it would be a downgrade in current player quality, for an older, more expensive player. No thanks.

I was just trying to... Nevermind.

Mursak is a little more than a few weeks away.

^^^this

More like a few months away. Three I believe according to comments I remember seeing. And as far as Happy raising his trade value, 2 games in is just too small of a sample size. If he keeps playing well for a month+, maybe.

Mursak isn't back until after Christmas, more than a few weeks....

...and let's not start this, this early, the man is on pace to have a 82 point season and your wondering how we will deal him?

Who would we get? Why would we need them, we're undefeated, why screw with that?

Remember that your reason for ditching Hudler is Mursak coming back, so unless it's draft picks for Hudler someone else has to go too.

When Mursak comes back, as it stands now, Brunnstrom will be waived.

Edited by Wingzman91

I hate to rehash whats been said but here it is:

Hudler is a one dimensional player, if hes scoring points than there is no reason to trade him, if hes not, than no ones going to take him. There are other players on the team that have PK, defensive, faceoff, etc. abilities that if they aren't lighting up the score sheet they are still worth having, those are the players that are easier to trade and get a decent return on. So lets bottom line this, if hes putting up points his trade value increases, but his chances of being traded fall.

In fact, the better Hudler plays, the more likely other players maybe traded or waived.

I had a reply typed up, defending Hudler considering its only been two games in the season and hes improved ten fold from last season...... but considering this is LGW, I just deleted it to spare myself from the flame wall.

It ain't no Hudler thread without me chiming in! :lol: Seriously, so far, he is doing what he needs to do, score points. We know he isn't a grinder or a great defender. He isn't gonna win you battles in the corners and he isn't gonna stand in front of the net with the results Holmstrom brings you. That being said, he is here to score goals. Whether he becomes the scoring some folks believe he can be, we don't know. Personally, if Detroit is going to keep him (Lord knows from the off season, nobody was interested in him) then I hope he has another subpar season, so when it comes time to become a UFA, he will not command an increase in pay. But if he does have a career year, I hope he doesn't expect too much more in pay, because there are more important poeple out there Holland needs to spend the Cap on and not be handcuffed by him again. Has he done enough to get traded? When it comes to trades, almost everyone is fair game. If Hudler keeps up a nice pace to have a career year, of course he becomes more attractive to the rest of the league, at least more than he was over the summer. When Mursak comes back, someone has to go, I don't think Holland would want to lose Emmerton/Brunstrom (unless he is playing bad) or Miller for nothing on Waiver's, so yes, someone will probably be traded. BUT, Holland isn't gonna trade Hudler/Filppula or anyone if it's not for the right price and the right player.

What would it take to get Doan in Detroit? Definitely not a sub-par Hudler alone, if at all. As much as I would love to be rid of Hudler, he isn't going to bring much back to Detroit unless he is putting up Franzen type numbers, then would Holland even trade him at all? Maybe if he feels he is not going to be able to re-sign him...

It ain't no Hudler thread without me chiming in! :lol: Seriously, so far, he is doing what he needs to do, score points. We know he isn't a grinder or a great defender. He isn't gonna win you battles in the corners and he isn't gonna stand in front of the net with the results Holmstrom brings you. That being said, he is here to score goals. Whether he becomes the scoring some folks believe he can be, we don't know. Personally, if Detroit is going to keep him (Lord knows from the off season, nobody was interested in him) then I hope he has another subpar season, so when it comes time to become a UFA, he will not command an increase in pay. But if he does have a career year, I hope he doesn't expect too much more in pay, because there are more important poeple out there Holland needs to spend the Cap on and not be handcuffed by him again. Has he done enough to get traded? When it comes to trades, almost everyone is fair game. If Hudler keeps up a nice pace to have a career year, of course he becomes more attractive to the rest of the league, at least more than he was over the summer. When Mursak comes back, someone has to go, I don't think Holland would want to lose Emmerton/Brunstrom (unless he is playing bad) or Miller for nothing on Waiver's, so yes, someone will probably be traded. BUT, Holland isn't gonna trade Hudler/Filppula or anyone if it's not for the right price and the right player.

What would it take to get Doan in Detroit? Definitely not a sub-par Hudler alone, if at all. As much as I would love to be rid of Hudler, he isn't going to bring much back to Detroit unless he is putting up Franzen type numbers, then would Holland even trade him at all? Maybe if he feels he is not going to be able to re-sign him...

1. You are hoping that a player of your favourite team has a subpar season?

2. Doan is Coyotes' francise player so they won't trade him and he dislikes Detroit.

Wasn't this thread supposed to be a joke in the first place?

Edited by P. Marlowe

When Mursak gets back I hope one of Brunnstrom, Miller or Emmerton has shown enough value to be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick, because I think their chances of passing through waivers to GR is low. Then use that pick in a package deal to pick up someone at the trade deadline. Little reason to trade Hudler or Flip now.

Mursak isn't back until after Christmas, more than a few weeks....

...and let's not start this, this early, the man is on pace to have a 82 point season and your wondering how we will deal him?

Who would we get? Why would we need them, we're undefeated, why screw with that?

Remember that your reason for ditching Hudler is Mursak coming back, so unless it's draft picks for Hudler someone else has to go too.

When Mursak comes back, as it stands now, Brunnstrom will be waived.

I really hope not, I think he's going to do great here as long as Babs gets him out there soon. The only person as it stands to be waived at this point to me is Miller. I like him I just feel that Brunnstrom has so much more up side to the big picture here, we have enough guys to play Millers role.

Guest Crymson

I figured we should just have a thread for this because it comes up in every other thread at least once.

A strong start for Hudler, and Mursak a few weeks away... How much does he have to do to make him a valuable trading commodity?

He looks like he might be having the season we hoped he would! LET'S TRADE HIM!

Whaaat? -1.

I really hope not, I think he's going to do great here as long as Babs gets him out there soon. The only person as it stands to be waived at this point to me is Miller. I like him I just feel that Brunnstrom has so much more up side to the big picture here, we have enough guys to play Millers role.

I honestly believe someone will be hurt by then and Mursak will slide back in.

I hope that Brunnstrom will stay also, but, as far as contract, he could sign again in the offseason if this is where he wants to be, it isn't like he didn't get a shot, in fact he made the roster through injury.

If someone claims him he gets to play more mins, if not he is on call. It's the best senerio for retaining everyone for next year.

I can't help but feel like I'm being mocked.

Just in the gut, you know...

Sorry. It was honestly meant in a lighthearted way. Teasing, not mocking.

But as someone else mentioned, the main point was that it's only been two games. Hudler could go without scoring a point for the rest of the season, he could win the Art Ross, who knows...

Sorry. It was honestly meant in a lighthearted way. Teasing, not mocking.

But as someone else mentioned, the main point was that it's only been two games. Hudler could go without scoring a point for the rest of the season, he could win the Art Ross, who knows...

NP. If I was offended I would have bitched you out and reported you. It's the internet FFS. :lol: