• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Hudler?

Rate this topic

So far this season, he's earning his salary. It's about time. Maybe his agent should begin talks to renegotiate his contract.

No way its time to start renegotiation on his contract after 4 games! haha. Sorry but im with the rest of you guys who enjoying his good start and I hope he keeps it up cause I can put my ego aside and say even though I wanted him gone before the season started I was wrong if he can keep up the good playing because whatever the best is for the wings is the main priority obviously... 4 games is wayyy to soon though.

This early I don't think Hudler has done enough to raise his trade value any. Maybe get closer to the deadline and see how he is than. Of course than the question may turn to whether the Wings will want to trade him when the time comes. If he can improve and get back to his form from like 08 than I'd be all for keeping him and not making a trade what would possibly see the Wings take on more Cap this season. Once this season ends after all the contracts are up that are do to be over this season and before we re-sign anyone or sign any UFA's; If I did the math right the Wing will have somewhere in the ball park of $30 Million and that is depending on what happens with the cap. Personally I'd rather see the Wings save that money for the off-season and make a big splash in Free Agency. When Mursak comes back if Emmerton is doing well enough than perhaps the Wings can look at tradeing Huds for a draft pick or something and free up that space right away. The Wings have enough depth in Offense to be able to help carry Hudler's load depending on how well he improves between now and the deadline. Just my 2 cents, this is an issue that I have been thinking about to along with some other ones throughout this season that the Wings can possibly make small adjustments to the team as we see some of the older players like Liddy, Holmsy, and Bert get older and closer to retirement.

When Mursak comes back if Emmerton is doing well enough than perhaps the Wings can look at tradeing Huds for a draft pick or something and free up that space right away. The Wings have enough depth in Offense to be able to help carry Hudler's load depending on how well he improves between now and the deadline. Just my 2 cents, this is an issue that I have been thinking about to along with some other ones throughout this season that the Wings can possibly make small adjustments to the team as we see some of the older players like Liddy, Holmsy, and Bert get older and closer to retirement.

Got it. If the rookie 4th liner is playing well, we trade a top-six forward for a draft pick.

That makes sense to me. Everyone else on board?

This early I don't think Hudler has done enough to raise his trade value any. Maybe get closer to the deadline and see how he is than. Of course than the question may turn to whether the Wings will want to trade him when the time comes. If he can improve and get back to his form from like 08 than I'd be all for keeping him and not making a trade what would possibly see the Wings take on more Cap this season. Once this season ends after all the contracts are up that are do to be over this season and before we re-sign anyone or sign any UFA's; If I did the math right the Wing will have somewhere in the ball park of $30 Million and that is depending on what happens with the cap. Personally I'd rather see the Wings save that money for the off-season and make a big splash in Free Agency. When Mursak comes back if Emmerton is doing well enough than perhaps the Wings can look at tradeing Huds for a draft pick or something and free up that space right away. The Wings have enough depth in Offense to be able to help carry Hudler's load depending on how well he improves between now and the deadline. Just my 2 cents, this is an issue that I have been thinking about to along with some other ones throughout this season that the Wings can possibly make small adjustments to the team as we see some of the older players like Liddy, Holmsy, and Bert get older and closer to retirement.

4 points in 4 games is already looking better then last year. You would really just trade Hudler for a draft pick? That draft pick would most likely never become anything in the NHL. Really terrible idea.

4 points in 4 games is already looking better then last year. You would really just trade Hudler for a draft pick? That draft pick would most likely never become anything in the NHL. Really terrible idea.

Maybe the draft pick would be last overall, and would become a forward converted to a defenseman. Then it's WORSE than nothing. scared.gif

The Hudler for picks argument was always dumb.

The chance of Hudler producing well at the drop of a hat was always greater than the chance of getting an equally good player in the 4th round... not to mention the fact we'd have to wait 4 years to test that player on NHL ice.

The Hudler for picks argument was always dumb.

The chance of Hudler producing well at the drop of a hat was always greater than the chance of getting an equally good player in the 4th round... not to mention the fact we'd have to wait 4 years to test that player on NHL ice.

"Dumb" depends on the situation. Trading him right now for anything other than a better top-6 forward wouldn't make much sense, sure. But after another 30-ish games if we need to open a roster spot for Mursak, who knows. Maybe Hudler will have 40 points and look like an all-star, maybe he'll have 10 and be a healthy scratch half the time.

We don't yet know how Hudler will perform. We don't know how guys like Emmerton, Brunnstrom, Miller, Eaves, etc. will perform. We don't know what our team needs will be, or if we'll need to open a roster spot. Speculating that Hudler might be a good trade candidate in 2 1/2 months is no more "dumb" than speculating that he'll still be a top-6 forward at that point.

"Dumb" depends on the situation. Trading him right now for anything other than a better top-6 forward wouldn't make much sense, sure. But after another 30-ish games if we need to open a roster spot for Mursak, who knows. Maybe Hudler will have 40 points and look like an all-star, maybe he'll have 10 and be a healthy scratch half the time.

We don't yet know how Hudler will perform. We don't know how guys like Emmerton, Brunnstrom, Miller, Eaves, etc. will perform. We don't know what our team needs will be, or if we'll need to open a roster spot. Speculating that Hudler might be a good trade candidate in 2 1/2 months is no more "dumb" than speculating that he'll still be a top-6 forward at that point.

You've written a lot of words here, but really haven't said much.

The team as a whole has been playing so well it's not surprising to see individual performances bolstered as well. We'll have a much better idea after 20 games or so when there'll be bad games in the sample as well.

That said, so far so good and if Hudler plays even close to this level consistently he's well worth his contract. Personally I expect a swingy season that ends with 55-65 points with 20+ goals if he stays healthy.

I think we are going to ride Hudler until he puts up 60+ points or gets in a fight with Matt Cooke. But even if both of these happened, I don't think people are ever going to get off of his case.

I feel like he will stay healthy and Babs will figure out what line combos work best with a productive Hudler. I personally don't think Hudler is that great of a player but when he is surrounded by a line that challenges him to be, he steps his game up. I think Hudler has gotten his "NHL skates" back and finding the right line combo (signal in blueadams) will allow him to be productive as he was in the past.

The team as a whole has been playing so well it's not surprising to see individual performances bolstered as well.

True, but if he wasnt putting up points and the Wings were still winning people would be all over his case

I think we are going to ride Hudler until he puts up 60+ points or gets in a fight with Matt Cooke. But even if both of these happened, I don't think people are ever going to get off of his case.

He could score 100+ points and I would still never like him, but if he plays up to his worth, I will certainly be off his case...

That might be true but I guess that's just the point. It's just been four games. What's there to say?

Based on the 10 pages in this thread, people apparently have a lot to say about him.

50% say trade him

40% say he has a good start

10% are just going to complain

Lets just state it like this....

He has had a good start. Lets support his hard work and re-evaluate at the 20 game mark.

/thread

Based on the 10 pages in this thread, people apparently have a lot to say about him.

50% say trade him

40% say he has a good start

10% are just going to complain

Lets just state it like this....

He has had a good start. Lets support his hard work and re-evaluate at the 20 game mark.

/thread

ORRRRRRRR ..... Let's speculate on this:

If Hudler has 40 points by the halfway mark, does he make the all-star team?