• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Hudler?

Rate this topic

ORRRRRRRR ..... Let's speculate on this:

If Hudler has 40 points by the halfway mark, does he make the all-star team?

If he's on pace for 80 points? Absolutely. Only nine forwards hit that mark last season. Unless offense is WAY up this year, 40 points in the first half gets you on the All-Star team as a no-brainer.

I see the Montreal crest on the shoulder there, nice touch! You dealt all star Hudler for Cole/Pacioretty because we needed a big winger riggghttt? Well played sir :ph34r::hehe: (just kidding everyone.. and eva)

You may not realize it, but Hudler is about to streak to 23 goals and 31 assists by the 40 game mark. Because Holland fears that he will not sign for anything less than Datsyuk money as a UFA, Holland trades him to Montreal for Plekanec.

While hes playing well they should send him to Carolina for Ruutu. The panel was saying hes being shopped around and Hudler could actually get the deal done with little else added I think.

Ruutu would be that physical piece the top 6 lacks, and could allow Dats and Z to stay together while he centers the second line.

:shocking:

Tuomo Ruutu could center our second line yes, while Dats and Z stick together on the first.

Did people think I was talking about Jarko Ruutu or something? Negative 2 for that post, people must not be up to date on their hockey :rolleyes:

Ruutu, who has consistently put up around 60 points a season the last 3 years and been top 3 in hits and ahuge hitter would be a steal if we could get him for Hudler and would help this team out way more than Hudler does.

Hes only 28 which is relatively young as well.

I'm just gonna have to assume other people that gave that a negative dont know what theyre talking about lol

Tuomo Ruutu could center our second line yes, while Dats and Z stick together on the first.

Yes...because we don't currently have a center able to center the second line allowing Z and D to be together...I enjoy thinking that's why you're getting negged (not by me, for the record).

Yes...because we don't currently have a center able to center the second line allowing Z and D to be together...I enjoy thinking that's why you're getting negged (not by me, for the record).

Well we havent had a center that could consistently center a second line and be an offensive threat. With an actual offensive threat at center there, the wings can keep the euro twins apart.

Babcock hasnt been able to do that since 08. Ruutu is a guy who can consistently score 60 points while bringing other attributes to the table.

Well we havent had a center that could consistently center a second line and be an offensive threat. With an actual offensive threat at center there, the wings can keep the euro twins apart.

Babcock hasnt been able to do that since 08. Ruutu is a guy who can consistently score 60 points while bringing other attributes to the table.

Wings should be looking of a couple of things this offseason: top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman.

Worst Case = Cleary/Dats/Franzen/Hudler/Zetterberg/Filppula = top 6 forwards 2012.

Best Case = Cleary/Dats/Franzen/PARISE/Zetterberg/Filppula = top 6 forwards 2012.

Worst Case = Kronwall/White/Kindl/Ericsson = top 4 defensemen 2012.

Best Case = Lidstrom/White/Kronwall/Carle = top 4 defensemen 2012.

Wings should be looking of a couple of things this offseason: top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman.

Worst Case = Cleary/Dats/Franzen/Hudler/Zetterberg/Filppula = top 6 forwards 2012.

Best Case = Cleary/Dats/Franzen/PARISE/Zetterberg/Filppula = top 6 forwards 2012.

What is Ruutu? Hes a top 6 forward.

He is realistically going to be let go as well. I have a feeling Parise wont leave the devils. Ater Parise theres Doan who might leave, but is older and the face of that franchise. Ruutu is realistic, fits a need and would be right there with Franzen as our third best forward I dont get why that post is getting negged still lol.

Is there actually people on here who wouldnt trade Hudler for Ruutu straight up? Besides eva of course

Edited by newfy

Seriously? You're talking about JULY 2012 in OCTOBER 2011?

Anyway...

Best case: Lidstrom/Suter/Kronwall/Carle

What is Ruutu? Hes a top 6 forward.

He is realistically going to be let go as well. I have a feeling Parise wont leave the devils. Ater Parise theres Doan who might leave, but is older and the face of that franchise. Ruutu is realistic, fits a need and would be right there with Franzen as our third best forward I dont get why that post is getting negged still lol.

Is there actually people on here who wouldnt trade Hudler for Ruutu straight up? Besides eva of course

Ruutu plays top line ice time and doesn't score any more than what Hudler put up in 2008-09. Last year's first half was an aberration for Hudler, and he was back on track in the second half. He's performing even better now; stronger, faster, more confident. And getting more ice time, also. Ruutu's a 60-point player with first line ice time and top-six linemates. Hudler's a 60-point player with third line ice time and third line linemates. Why are you suggesting this again? Because he had a bad month and a half last year playing with a washed up puck hog who was the exact kind of center he should not play with? Yep, sounds logical.

Did people think I was talking about Jarko Ruutu or something? Negative 2 for that post, people must not be up to date on their hockey :rolleyes:

Ruutu, who has consistently put up around 60 points a season the last 3 years and been top 3 in hits and ahuge hitter would be a steal if we could get him for Hudler and would help this team out way more than Hudler does.

I'm just gonna have to assume other people that gave that a negative dont know what theyre talking about lol

I negged you on this one and here is why. How can you say people are not "up to date on their hockey"? Tuomo has been in Carolina for four years now, and "up around 60 points a season"? He has never seen 60. His highest totals are 57, 54, 44(as a hawk), 38, 35, 21. So I guess by your averages Hudler is also a 60 point scorer. Tuomo is a talented player and his numbers are indeed solid but I don't see that as a good fit or deal with Hudler is all. To claim people are ignorant to the game of hockey because they don't agree with your trade idea is silly, and the main reason for my neg.

I negged you on this one and here is why. How can you say people are not "up to date on their hockey"? Tuomo has been in Carolina for four years now, and "up around 60 points a season"? He has never seen 60. His highest totals are 57, 54, 44(as a hawk), 38, 35, 21. So I guess by your averages Hudler is also a 60 point scorer. Tuomo is a talented player and his numbers are indeed solid but I don't see that as a good fit or deal with Hudler is all. To claim people are ignorant to the game of hockey because they don't agree with your trade idea is silly, and the main reason for my neg.

57 last year is right up around 60, so is 54, the year before that he was on pace for 55.

Those are all numbers that Hudler has hit once and only once in his NHL career while being a streaky goal scorer. Ruutu has consistently but up 55 points (or been on that pace) the last four seasons, and he is one of the most physical forwards in the game.

If that trade were to come up, given that they are 1 year different in age, it should be a no brainer and I cant believe anyone would not take it and run. I said people must be not up to date on their hockey because the only way that trade isnt a steal for Detroit is if people were thinking it was Jarko Ruutu

57 last year is right up around 60, so is 54, the year before that he was on pace for 55.

Those are all numbers that Hudler has hit once and only once in his NHL career while being a streaky goal scorer. Ruutu has consistently but up 55 points (or been on that pace) the last four seasons, and he is one of the most physical forwards in the game.

If that trade were to come up, given that they are 1 year different in age, it should be a no brainer and I cant believe anyone would not take it and run. I said people must be not up to date on their hockey because the only way that trade isnt a steal for Detroit is if people were thinking it was Jarko Ruutu

Isn't Ruutu a left winger? As for any trade between the Canes' and Wings, the Canes' will want more than Hudler for him, they will ask for prospect and picks to sweeten the deal, and Ruutu isn't worth that much.

Maybe you should stop caring about reputation points.

Also Hudler is 27. And matches Ruutu's high in points. And looks like he is back to his old form.

But naw, we should trade him straight up for a guy who may not work in the system and provides an arguably negligible advantage in the long run.

Maybe you should stop caring about reputation points.

Also Hudler is 27. And matches Ruutu's high in points. And looks like he is back to his old form.

But naw, we should trade him straight up for a guy who may not work in the system and provides an arguably negligible advantage in the long run.

This is a good point. Hudler seems to have pulled his head out of his butt. It seems like money and stardom got to him 3 years ago, and he did what 99% of us would do if we suddenly became millionaires and had women flailing themselves at us. If he continues to play well for the Wings and doesn't cause any off ice drama with his contracts and personal issues, I don't know why the Wings wouldn't want to keep him around. He's never going to be Datsyuk, but he's a pretty damn good third line player. If the Wings can get him for 2.5 - 3 million per for the next 5 years of his career, which should be his prime, why wouldn't they want to do that?

I c wut u did thar.

Go to NHL.com and click on "stats" and select "individuals". Sort to forwards only. Then select page six. Look at the bottom. That is the minimum offensive production for a top-six scoring forward in that season. Hudler has cleared that mark in each of his past three seasons (10-11, 08-09, 07-08) and was only seven points shy in his rookie year (06-07) despite the fact that he played a mere 10:02 per game that year and he has not played more than 11:24 at ES or 13:39 total per game in ANY season.

Not a top-six forward my ass. He just as well as Bertuzzi per minute overall last year. Almost as well if you adjust ES and PP individually. And Bertuzzi played top-two lines all year, while Hudler played mostly on the bottom two. Bert is more physical, but no better defensively. He outperformed Holmstrom offensively, and I don't think anyone here would say Holmstrom does anything else better than Hudler except perhaps stand in front of the net. He was on the first line most of the year.That leaves the EuroTwins, Franzen, Flip, and Cleary. So unless you're saying the Wings are thin at forward, it's pretty clear Hudler is a top-six forward.