Photo
- - - - -

Hudler?

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

In all honesty, and I know EVERYONE knows how I have been towards him, but really, if he can find consistency on Datsyuk's wing and become the player is he supposed to be, I will be very happy. So raise your glass to him being on Datsyuk's wing and scoring 30+ goals! (that just means Holland will have to pay him more as a UFA...) but if he is worth it, he is worth it. Good Luck Jiri!

Hudler - Datsyuk - Franzen

...I am on board for him to excel! (I am saying this now, so when and if he does start scoring, it doesn't look like I am jumping on a bandwagon.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

I figured we should just have a thread for this because it comes up in every other thread at least once.

A strong start for Hudler, and Mursak a few weeks away... How much does he have to do to make him a valuable trading commodity?

EDIT: Alright I am done, there is no reason for a negative 12 for simply making a placeholder for the conversation we always have.

It was done so every other thread doesn't turn into it.

So go ahead delete it whatever. I don't care, I don't much care for online hate.

Got like plus three for running a draft thread that took my entire evening and get a negative 12 for a post to try and keep other threads clean. I am sick of anonymous internet hate.

Edited by Majsheppard, 11 October 2011 - 10:15 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

2 games in...

#24 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

It's only two game into the season. He's had a decent two games. Let everyone mesh some more for a minute before the trade talks.

If he continues to play well, he will be an asset that the Wings should ride.

#25 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

And people still don't understand.

Hudler isn't a tradeable asset regardless of how he's playing. 90 points or 10 points.

Why?

Because what the team gets back for him if he can be traded for something good will never match up to what he is bringing the team. If he's playing poorly, he's not going to bring back anything of value at all; perhaps just a minor leaguer the team would waive and then lose via UFA (think Tollefson) or something.

Filppula is more likely to be traded, and even then in no case is Flip going to be shopped unless he looks like he is going to lose his position in the top six to Helm. It's not likely he'll be traded unless the Wings get a great return on the deal.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#26 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Obviously, the Hudler trade talk has reached the saturation point; but isn't it more valuable to the Wings if Hudler and Filppula simply perform at high levels as opposed to 'well enough to be traded'?

Personally, I'd rather see them play well and help this team than play just well enough for us to try and steal someone else.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#27 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hudler for Leino?

:carrot: :hat: :banana:

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#28 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

Just for you Eva
2011-2012 Power Rankings: Week 2
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
1 (8) Red Wings 2-0-0 A super start by the perennial contenders. Jiri Hudler is looking like a solid bet to have a career season this year.
=)

I don't think we can tell just by 2 games besides if he keeps playing like he has or better...why would you want to trade him?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#29 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

Obviously, the Hudler trade talk has reached the saturation point; but isn't it more valuable to the Wings if Hudler and Filppula simply perform at high levels as opposed to 'well enough to be traded'?

Personally, I'd rather see them play well and help this team than play just well enough for us to try and steal someone else.

Bingo! I love Huds and Flip, they add character and deep skill to the Wings. Eva also poured salt in my memory wound when he brought up tollefson (what a horrid exchange)..grass is always greener to some folks I guess...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hudler for Leino?

:carrot: :hat: :banana:

Leino is older and significantly more expensive. The only advantages he has are that he just signed a contract, and that he's slightly larger. He has already shown difficulty with Detroit's system, and does not work nearly as hard as Hudler. He doesn't use his advantage in size to play a more physical game; if anything Hudler is the more physical player.

But with his size advantage, Buffalo would want Hudler to provide more offense. Meaning that it would be a downgrade in current player quality, for an older, more expensive player. No thanks.

#31 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Mursak is a little more than a few weeks away. He wouldn't even be coming back to "replace" Hudler either. We have a glut of bottom six forwards as it is -- trading away one of the players that has potential to fill a top six role and has done so pretty well in two games doesn't make a ton of sense.

I don't think the Wings are going to trade Hudler regardless. As others have stated, he has little value if he plays like last season and he's an asset to the Red Wings if he gets back or close to his peak playing days.

Edited by GoWings1905, 10 October 2011 - 01:24 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#32 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

Leino is older and significantly more expensive. The only advantages he has are that he just signed a contract, and that he's slightly larger. He has already shown difficulty with Detroit's system, and does not work nearly as hard as Hudler. He doesn't use his advantage in size to play a more physical game; if anything Hudler is the more physical player.

But with his size advantage, Buffalo would want Hudler to provide more offense. Meaning that it would be a downgrade in current player quality, for an older, more expensive player. No thanks.

I was just trying to... Nevermind.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#33 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Not sure how the Red Wings would benefit from trading Hudler, unless Poile is still on whatever he was taking when he traded Franson and he gives the Red Wings Weber or Suter.

#34 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Mursak is a little more than a few weeks away.

^^^this

More like a few months away. Three I believe according to comments I remember seeing. And as far as Happy raising his trade value, 2 games in is just too small of a sample size. If he keeps playing well for a month+, maybe.

#35 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Mursak isn't back until after Christmas, more than a few weeks....
...and let's not start this, this early, the man is on pace to have a 82 point season and your wondering how we will deal him?
Who would we get? Why would we need them, we're undefeated, why screw with that?
Remember that your reason for ditching Hudler is Mursak coming back, so unless it's draft picks for Hudler someone else has to go too.
When Mursak comes back, as it stands now, Brunnstrom will be waived.

Edited by Wingzman91, 10 October 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#36 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

I hate to rehash whats been said but here it is:

Hudler is a one dimensional player, if hes scoring points than there is no reason to trade him, if hes not, than no ones going to take him. There are other players on the team that have PK, defensive, faceoff, etc. abilities that if they aren't lighting up the score sheet they are still worth having, those are the players that are easier to trade and get a decent return on. So lets bottom line this, if hes putting up points his trade value increases, but his chances of being traded fall.

In fact, the better Hudler plays, the more likely other players maybe traded or waived.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#37 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yes, because based on his performance so far, Hudler is on pace for an 82 point season.

:ph34r:

#38 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yes, because based on his performance so far, Hudler is on pace for an 82 point season.

:ph34r:

I can't help but feel like I'm being mocked.

Just in the gut, you know...

#39 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

2 games in...

My thoughts exactly.........

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#40 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

I had a reply typed up, defending Hudler considering its only been two games in the season and hes improved ten fold from last season...... but considering this is LGW, I just deleted it to spare myself from the flame wall.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.