Photo
- - - - -

Hudler?

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#41 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

It ain't no Hudler thread without me chiming in! :lol: Seriously, so far, he is doing what he needs to do, score points. We know he isn't a grinder or a great defender. He isn't gonna win you battles in the corners and he isn't gonna stand in front of the net with the results Holmstrom brings you. That being said, he is here to score goals. Whether he becomes the scoring some folks believe he can be, we don't know. Personally, if Detroit is going to keep him (Lord knows from the off season, nobody was interested in him) then I hope he has another subpar season, so when it comes time to become a UFA, he will not command an increase in pay. But if he does have a career year, I hope he doesn't expect too much more in pay, because there are more important poeple out there Holland needs to spend the Cap on and not be handcuffed by him again. Has he done enough to get traded? When it comes to trades, almost everyone is fair game. If Hudler keeps up a nice pace to have a career year, of course he becomes more attractive to the rest of the league, at least more than he was over the summer. When Mursak comes back, someone has to go, I don't think Holland would want to lose Emmerton/Brunstrom (unless he is playing bad) or Miller for nothing on Waiver's, so yes, someone will probably be traded. BUT, Holland isn't gonna trade Hudler/Filppula or anyone if it's not for the right price and the right player.

What would it take to get Doan in Detroit? Definitely not a sub-par Hudler alone, if at all. As much as I would love to be rid of Hudler, he isn't going to bring much back to Detroit unless he is putting up Franzen type numbers, then would Holland even trade him at all? Maybe if he feels he is not going to be able to re-sign him...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#42 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

It ain't no Hudler thread without me chiming in! :lol: Seriously, so far, he is doing what he needs to do, score points. We know he isn't a grinder or a great defender. He isn't gonna win you battles in the corners and he isn't gonna stand in front of the net with the results Holmstrom brings you. That being said, he is here to score goals. Whether he becomes the scoring some folks believe he can be, we don't know. Personally, if Detroit is going to keep him (Lord knows from the off season, nobody was interested in him) then I hope he has another subpar season, so when it comes time to become a UFA, he will not command an increase in pay. But if he does have a career year, I hope he doesn't expect too much more in pay, because there are more important poeple out there Holland needs to spend the Cap on and not be handcuffed by him again. Has he done enough to get traded? When it comes to trades, almost everyone is fair game. If Hudler keeps up a nice pace to have a career year, of course he becomes more attractive to the rest of the league, at least more than he was over the summer. When Mursak comes back, someone has to go, I don't think Holland would want to lose Emmerton/Brunstrom (unless he is playing bad) or Miller for nothing on Waiver's, so yes, someone will probably be traded. BUT, Holland isn't gonna trade Hudler/Filppula or anyone if it's not for the right price and the right player.

What would it take to get Doan in Detroit? Definitely not a sub-par Hudler alone, if at all. As much as I would love to be rid of Hudler, he isn't going to bring much back to Detroit unless he is putting up Franzen type numbers, then would Holland even trade him at all? Maybe if he feels he is not going to be able to re-sign him...

1. You are hoping that a player of your favourite team has a subpar season?

2. Doan is Coyotes' francise player so they won't trade him and he dislikes Detroit.

Wasn't this thread supposed to be a joke in the first place?

Edited by P. Marlowe, 10 October 2011 - 03:41 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#43 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

When Mursak gets back I hope one of Brunnstrom, Miller or Emmerton has shown enough value to be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick, because I think their chances of passing through waivers to GR is low. Then use that pick in a package deal to pick up someone at the trade deadline. Little reason to trade Hudler or Flip now.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#44 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Mursak isn't back until after Christmas, more than a few weeks....
...and let's not start this, this early, the man is on pace to have a 82 point season and your wondering how we will deal him?
Who would we get? Why would we need them, we're undefeated, why screw with that?
Remember that your reason for ditching Hudler is Mursak coming back, so unless it's draft picks for Hudler someone else has to go too.
When Mursak comes back, as it stands now, Brunnstrom will be waived.

I really hope not, I think he's going to do great here as long as Babs gets him out there soon. The only person as it stands to be waived at this point to me is Miller. I like him I just feel that Brunnstrom has so much more up side to the big picture here, we have enough guys to play Millers role.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

I figured we should just have a thread for this because it comes up in every other thread at least once.

A strong start for Hudler, and Mursak a few weeks away... How much does he have to do to make him a valuable trading commodity?

He looks like he might be having the season we hoped he would! LET'S TRADE HIM!

Whaaat? -1.

#46 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hes also a UFA after this year if im not mistaken so his value is at an all time low. No point in trading him.

#47 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I really hope not, I think he's going to do great here as long as Babs gets him out there soon. The only person as it stands to be waived at this point to me is Miller. I like him I just feel that Brunnstrom has so much more up side to the big picture here, we have enough guys to play Millers role.

I honestly believe someone will be hurt by then and Mursak will slide back in.
I hope that Brunnstrom will stay also, but, as far as contract, he could sign again in the offseason if this is where he wants to be, it isn't like he didn't get a shot, in fact he made the roster through injury.
If someone claims him he gets to play more mins, if not he is on call. It's the best senerio for retaining everyone for next year.

#48 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I can't help but feel like I'm being mocked.

Just in the gut, you know...

Sorry. It was honestly meant in a lighthearted way. Teasing, not mocking.

But as someone else mentioned, the main point was that it's only been two games. Hudler could go without scoring a point for the rest of the season, he could win the Art Ross, who knows...

#49 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

I can't help but feel like I'm being mocked.

Just in the gut, you know...

You know you love it. More addicting than nicotine I bet.

#50 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Sorry. It was honestly meant in a lighthearted way. Teasing, not mocking.

But as someone else mentioned, the main point was that it's only been two games. Hudler could go without scoring a point for the rest of the season, he could win the Art Ross, who knows...

NP. If I was offended I would have bitched you out and reported you. It's the internet FFS. :lol:
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#51 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

1. You are hoping that a player of your favourite team has a subpar season?

Nothing personal, just business....

2. Doan is Coyotes' francise player so they won't trade him

Ray Bourque?

and he dislikes Detroit.

:blink: Uh, ya, should I find the Chelios video?

Edited by LeftWinger, 10 October 2011 - 06:01 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#52 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Ray Bourque?

Ok, ok, whatever. Call Holland and tell him to trade Hudler for Doan. I'm going to a pub.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Ok, ok, whatever. Call Holland and tell him to trade Hudler for Doan. I'm going to a pub.

Don't be bitter. You said they wouldn't trade their franchise player, yet Boston did so he could win a Cup. You said Doan doesn't like Detroit so he'd never agree to come here, yet we all know the Chelios video and well, where he ended up coming to and winning 2 Cups...Doan would come here in a minute to win a Cup and Phoenix would trade him for younger players, especially since Doan would probably be a rental and end up back in Phoenix before he retires.

I never said trade Hudler for Doan. I simply said, when Mursak comes back, someone has got to go and I don't think Holland wants to lose anyone for nothing via the waiver. Hudler won't get Detroit Doan, not by himself, if at all...

Cheers!

Edited by LeftWinger, 10 October 2011 - 06:31 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#54 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Don't be bitter. You said they wouldn't trade their franchise player, yet Boston did so he could win a Cup. You said Doan doesn't like Detroit so he'd never agree to come here, yet we all know the Chelios video and well, where he ended up coming to and winning 2 Cups...Doan would come here in a minute to win a Cup and Phoenix would trade him for younger players, especially since Doan would probably be a rental and end up back in Phoenix before he retires.

I never said trade Hudler for Doan. I simply said, when Mursak comes back, someone has got to go and I don't think Holland wants to lose anyone for nothing via the waiver. Hudler won't get Detroit Doan, not by himself, if at all...

Cheers!

Oh, I was just kidding. I agree with most things that you wrote. You won and I love you.

-- Mitch Albom

#55 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Nothing personal, just business....

Ray Bourque?

Yeah, because Boston wasn't going to make the playoffs that year, and Colorado paid through their nose for him. On top of that it was a class move, to get him a cup, I doubt whatever conglomeration that owns the yotes will send him Detroit for Hudler+++ unless its a great prospect and a first rounder, and Doan ain't worth that much. On top of all this next year is a huge flux year for Detroit, a lot of core players need contracts, Lidstrom will more than likely be gone, and anything that goes to Phoenix out of the farm for that old rental will only make Holland's job this off season that much harder.

Edited by Shaman464, 10 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#56 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hudler won't get Detroit Doan, not by himself, if at all...

If Doan has another year like last year, and Hudler plays like he did from the end of Dec 2010 to the end of February 2011 (26 points in 28 games), he could bring back Doan.

#57 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Babcock feels he is not getting Hudler on the ice enough. He is putting on the power play point with Kronwall.

http://www.theoaklan...wmode=fullstory

#58 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

NP. If I was offended I would have bitched you out and reported you. It's the internet FFS. :lol:

For a second I thought I was on a penguins thread. :hehe: (jk.)
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#59 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

For a second I thought I was on a penguins thread. :hehe: (jk.)

No; that is "I would have fallen out of my chair, and then bitched to the mods when they didn't do anything about it."

#60 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Doan would be such a great addition to this team, I hope Hudler has a good year and they can use him to swap for Doan. Come playoff time that guy was changing games physically.

Plus who wouldnt love to see Thornton looking like Franzen did after the first round last year? :clap:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24