• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Eric Nystrom on waivers

Rate this topic

I didn't read up on all this, but I'm confused as to why Nystrom would be put on waivers (two times in the last week?) and then be 'traded' for future considerations. Why didn't Dallas just pick him up off waivers?

I didn't read up on all this, but I'm confused as to why Nystrom would be put on waivers (two times in the last week?) and then be 'traded' for future considerations. Why didn't Dallas just pick him up off waivers?

Because with Avery being waived Dallas was under the cap floor from when they bought him out. Nystrom is a solid 4th line guy and has a salary of 1.4 which is high.

If they claimed him on reentry his cap hit would only be 700 000

Because with Avery being waived Dallas was under the cap floor from when they bought him out. Nystrom is a solid 4th line guy and has a salary of 1.4 which is high.

If they claimed him on reentry his cap hit would only be 700 000

Why didn't they claim him the first time, then?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Why didn't they claim him the first time, then?

I read somewhere that Dallas needed to add some salary to avoid cap floor issues. Maybe they needed to go through some channels to pick him up the first time. I don't know. It's all a little confusing.

In any case, what a sad situation Dallas is in if they're acquiring players just for cap issues.

Edited by GMRwings1983

dallas is a tough team, it would be entertaining to see them make the playoffs, I was disappointed when they missed out last year

Me too. If they made the playoffs last year, it'd be the first time all 5 teams from the same division made it in.

Of course, they lost to Minnesota on the last day, after we beat Chicago.

Guest Heaten

Yeah not much going on around here. Glad to see Nystrom is doing well in Dallas.... hope he carries them to the playoffs considering how inconsistent they are this season. Doubt they make the playoffs , though. Can't see them making the post-season over Vancouver and/or Nashville.

Not much going on around here, so I figured I'd bump this.

Nystrom has scored 8 goals so far for Dallas. Add Nystrom to another gamble that has paid off for them. Scored again last night in the Stars' win in Colorado.

How many Wings have scored 8 goals this season?

Not much going on around here, so I figured I'd bump this.

Nystrom has scored 8 goals so far for Dallas. Add Nystrom to another gamble that has paid off for them. Scored again last night in the Stars' win in Colorado.

He's done a very good job, but let's not forget those goals have come because he plays on a line with two damn good players. You could stick Miller on that line he'd put up a hell of a lot of points. But as I did say, 8 goals through a little less than a third of the season is still a darn good feat and props to him for sticking it out and not being a whiny ***** about everything clap.gif

Stars have 4 players with 6 or more goals, while the Wings have 6 players with 6 or more goals. I think the Wings are doing just fine. Hell, give the Wings two more games to have played as many games as the Stars and they might be up to 8 players with 6 or more goals. Both teams, i'm guessing, are both happy with who they have.

He's done a very good job, but let's not forget those goals have come because he plays on a line with two damn good players. You could stick Miller on that line he'd put up a hell of a lot of points. But as I did say, 8 goals through a little less than a third of the season is still a darn good feat and props to him for sticking it out and not being a whiny ***** about everything clap.gif

You make a good point. It will be interesting to see if he continues to produce on the 3rd line when Morrow comes back. Thing i like about Nystrom is he goes all out every shift. His goals aren't a result of him splitting the D with fancy dekes, they're the result of hard work down low and driving to the net.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest Crymson

How many things can you possibly find to whine about? When the Wings play a mediocre game, you're everywhere. When the Wings play a great game, you're nowhere to be found. And you complain consistently about a team that's always one of the premiere clubs in the league.

Sucks for you, I guess.

How many things can you possibly find to whine about? When the Wings play a mediocre game, you're everywhere. When the Wings play a great game, you're nowhere to be found. And you complain consistently about a team that's always one of the premiere clubs in the league.

Sucks for you, I guess.

That's how it is with a few on here. They only post to flame or pick out things wrong with the wings or with fans on here.

BTW Franzen has 10 and flip has 7