• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/7 GDT:Senators 3 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I'm liking these lines for the most part. The Datsyuk line has been pretty quiet but they scored a nice goal and maybe that will get them going. Zetterberg line has had some of our best shifts, 3rd line is awesome, and 4th line is okay but will obviously be changed around a lot.

Yea, in the last three years, the Wings and Penguins lead in most games played over all other NHL teams.

Seriously, the youth and better focus on defense are the keys.

TWO years...I said TWO (2)...nice try though. You almost had me thinking we went deep.

TWO years...I said TWO (2)...nice try though. You almost had me thinking we went deep.

Still, the Wings have played a ton of games thanks to a couple runs to the 2nd round. Thats more than many of the other teams. You make it sound like they didn't even make the playoffs or they were swept in the first round.

At least admit the youth and the better defense helps a lot more than your faulty statement.

Even beyond a jinx, it's a tradition. Part of the code of hockey.

But I'm guessing you were doing this to bait people anyway.

I really don't believe in them...

It would be great for Howard to get off to a hot start so he can have a bounce back year. Defense is much more important for the rest of the game for me.

Still, the Wings have played a ton of games thanks to a couple runs to the 2nd round. Thats more than many of the other teams. You make it sound like they didn't even make the playoffs or they were swept in the first round.

At least admit the youth and the better defense helps a lot more than your faulty statement.

nope...that's what you're doing. I didn't mention being swept or not making the playoffs. You're reading way too much into this.

Players always seem to say it takes a lot out of them when they have deep runs into the playoffs, I was simply stating that maybe we might be fresh this year (as opposed to the last two) since we didn't have deep runs. Like I said, you totally read too much into my "faulty" statement.

no worries though.

The worst D pairing in Wings history are combined +6 in this game.

Oh and I don't think there was any flies to keep off when there was crowd in Howie's crease. The only Sens player in there was pushed there by Lidström. Neil was keeping a polite distance.

Edited by P. Marlowe

nope...that's what you're doing. I didn't mention being swept or not making the playoffs. You're reading way too much into this.

Players always seem to say it takes a lot out of them when they have deep runs into the playoffs, I was simply stating that maybe we might be fresh this year (as opposed to the last two) since we didn't have deep runs. Like I said, you totally read too much into my "faulty" statement.

no worries though.

Maybe you are right that I am reading too much into it. Just based on what you said....

Personally, I believe its a bullcrap excuse. Especially since the Wings have been through two finals appearances and two second round appearances in the last 4 years. These guys are the best conditioned athletes in hockey. So I will disagree with it. :D

Now, if you believe the wings have a fragile psyche or they aren't conditioned for the work, then you are right in your mind. I believe the opposite.

Edited by Nightfall

Maybe you are right. Personally, I believe its a bullcrap excuse. Especially since the Wings have been through two finals appearances and two second round appearances in the last 4 years. These guys are the best conditioned athletes in hockey. So I will disagree with it. :D

It sure as heck sounds like an excuse, doesn't it?...Like I said, This is what I hear from the players (through the press of course). I was watching the Vancouver game yesterday and some of the guys were saying it took until a few weeks ago to get over it mentally and physically. Not being an NHL player myself, I gotta believe the recovery period keeps them from being able to get stronger, quicker. (Hudler...maybe??) Just a thought.

please read this as if I'm not trying to be a smart ass...my 1st sentence probably sounds like it...I'm actually agreeing with you

Edited by gowings00

I really don't believe in them...

It would be great for Howard to get off to a hot start so he can have a bounce back year. Defense is much more important for the rest of the game for me.

You don't have to believe in them, but you should respect the fact that the overwhelming majority here does.

Maybe you are right that I am reading too much into it. Just based on what you said....

Personally, I believe its a bullcrap excuse. Especially since the Wings have been through two finals appearances and two second round appearances in the last 4 years. These guys are the best conditioned athletes in hockey. So I will disagree with it. :D

Might as well tack on the Conference Finals appearance in 2007 as well. That's 15 rounds of hockey in the past 5 seasons, essentially averaging 3-rounds-deep over that time.

It sure as heck sounds like an excuse, doesn't it?...Like I said, This is what I hear from the players (through the press of course). I was watching the Vancouver game yesterday and some of the guys were saying it took until a few weeks ago to get over it mentally and physically. Not being an NHL player myself, I gotta believe the recovery period keeps them from being able to get stronger, quicker. (Hudler...maybe??) Just a thought.

Meh, possibly. I still believe that its more psychological than anything else. Especially for teams that aren't used to the grind. Teams who make the playoffs every year for the last 20 years are used to that kind of grind. Thats why I believe that the Wings are pretty much exempt from the "grind" rule. Teams like Vancouver and Boston who have had varied seasons of success, there is truth to your statement. So many factors to look at though. I just don't believe the Wings have this issue.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

please read this as if I'm not trying to be a smart ass...my 1st sentence probably sounds like it...I'm actually agreeing with you

Haha, ok. I do agree with you somewhat. Don't get me wrong. If we were talking about a Tampa Bay Lightning team who didn't make the playoffs one year and then a deep run the next, I would agree that their psyche would be a little hard to overcome and they may have a fast or slow start.