• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#361 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

At which point did Ericsson look bad tonight? I didn't notice. Most of the team looked rather sluggish for the first 15 and last 15 minutes of the game.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#362 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Kindl > Ericsson.

Is that a big accomplishment?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#363 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Probably for his back account.

#364 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Kindl > Ericsson.

Agreed, I'm a harsh critic of his and he made good passes tonight and that hit on Zibanajed was great! (f*** YOU CHRIS NEIL GET SOME) :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#365 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

At which point did Ericsson look bad tonight? I didn't notice. Most of the team looked rather sluggish for the first 15 and last 15 minutes of the game.

He didn't look that bad, he just didn't look good. I can recall 4 times that Ericsson pinched in the offensive zone and left Kindl to defend a 2v1. Plus, Ericsson did absolutely nothing on that third goal for the Sens. He was a bigger screen than the Sen. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't good.

When you're fighting for a roster spot, yes.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#366 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

I got called in to work when it was 5-0, what was up in the 3rd? Just slacking off with a big lead?

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#367 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hudler/Miller/Emmerton/Kindl all looked above average.

The helm line was beast.

The Zetterberg line showed flashes of brilliance early on, i want to see them bury the puck, that line has the most skill on it of all the lines and they walked away with zero ES points.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#368 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

I liked our 5 goals; I didn't like their 3 goals. More PK practice for everyone. Anyway, a big heck yeah to Bert for scoring the first goal of the year; ditto to Lidstrom looking like Datsyuk, White looking like Lidstrom, and double ditto for Emmerton and Hudler pleasantly surprising me. GAWD I'm glad hockey's back!!!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#369 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,866 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

He didn't. But he's the whipping boy. If he isn't awesome then someone will say he sucks. Especially since Hudler scored and they couldn't rip on them.

His pinching makes me nervous, but Ericsson's play has given me some hope. Hopefully he improves.

Great start for the Wings, I just wish they could've kept it clamped down at the end.

As much fun as the five goals are, I don't want a repeat of last season's GAA.

#370 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

HUDLER FOR MAYOR!!!!!!!!!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#371 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Just got back from the game. Great 2nd period, not so much in the 3rd.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#372 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Gonchar should be embarrassed with his play on the Bert goal. He just didn't even try to make an effort to at least rush back. Anderson was horrible as well.

Stuart fudged up big time by trying to do Kronwall's job on the second goal. He was puck chasing and completely left his man alone even though the guy carrying the puck was Kronwall's man.

I don't know wtf E was thinking on that 3rd goal. He didn't even try to move his man... he just stood there with him creating an even better screen for the Sens. E owes Jimmy a lunch for that goal allowed.

#373 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

Gonchar should be embarrassed with his play on the Bert goal. He just didn't even try to make an effort to at least rush back. Anderson was horrible as well.

Stuart fudged up big time by trying to do Kronwall's job on the second goal. He was puck chasing and completely left his man alone even though the guy carrying the puck was Kronwall's man.

I don't know wtf E was thinking on that 3rd goal. He didn't even try to move his man... he just stood there with him creating an even better screen for the Sens. E owes Jimmy a lunch for that goal allowed.

Going by that theory, even with Ericsson's crazy contract he might be strapped for cash this season.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#374 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

Anyone have a clip of Datsyuk's crazy dekes (before the Hudler set-up)?
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#375 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Kind of a funny moment during introductions when Bud Lynch announced Dan Cleary as "Don Cherry".

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#376 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Kind of a funny moment during introductions when Bud Lynch announced Dan Cleary as "Don Cherry".

he said something weird for abdelkader too
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#377 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

For all you Ericsson haters...

Posted Image

#378 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Drew Miller looked good out there tonight. Got in on the forecheck, forced the turnover, and shoveled it out front for the Emmerton goal. Bert played relatively physical, surprisingly. I'm a big fan of the Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi line. Horrible third period, though. We clearly eased up on the gas pedal.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#379 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

James Reimer is having an awesome year.

#380 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

For all you Ericsson haters...

Posted Image

I guess that also mean James Reimer is the leagues best goalie too.
  • Nev likes this
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank