• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/7 GDT:Senators 3 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Drew Miller looked good out there tonight. Got in on the forecheck, forced the turnover, and shoveled it out front for the Emmerton goal. Bert played relatively physical, surprisingly. I'm a big fan of the Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi line. Horrible third period, though. We clearly eased up on the gas pedal.

For all you Ericsson haters...

ericssonj.jpg

Hey, you're right... he's getting paid $3,250,000 and he has the same +/- as Kindl, who only makes $883,333?! Overpaid. :ph34r:

(Only kidding)

With the effort by Emmerton and Miller, do we still see Brunnstrom and Eaves against the Avs?

Great start to the game but not a great finish. I know it's the first game but the Wings had multiple Power Play chances and didn't capitilize and they started to let a lead slip away. I'm trying not to be to critical of the team being it's just the home opener and game 1 of 82 but I did see a few small things they do need to work on.

Great start to the game but not a great finish. I know it's the first game but the Wings had multiple Power Play chances and didn't capitilize and they started to let a lead slip away.

Agreed. The end part of the game kinda gave me flashbacks to all those games last year where they had a big lead, then just sat back and let it slip away. Enjoyable game overall though. Wings just need to stay hungry and keep playing when they have a decent lead, something they had a lot of trouble with last year.

Was at the game last night, which had a slight deja vu feeling of last year's opener (up until the third period). Overall, I'm loving what I saw from the AHB line, great to see Emmerton's drive caring over from the preseason, and Kindl doing great on defense. Really enjoyed the goals by Bert and Lids (who was definitely doing the Datsyuk Dangle out there).

I wish though, that even though his family couldn't be there, that they would have honored Salei as well as McCrimmon. I was surprised there wasn't a moment of silence for them, although it was very touching that they gave the family his jersey. I also like the nice touch of the team wearing a patch with all three of the men's initials.

I think there is a great opportunity for growth and change in the areas that need them this year, and it will be exciting to see what comes to fruition.

Go Wings!

I watched the condensed reply and was happy with what was happening but saw the slip at the end coming. The saving grace for me was seeing how pissed off Jimmy looked at the end, he's got the talent and is working super hard so I see him having a great year. Also when Hudler took that feed from Dats and finished it the way he did Eva I thought of you and couldnt help but think if he played with Dats every game he could score, well he's on pace for 82 ! :D

I watched the condensed reply and was happy with what was happening but saw the slip at the end coming. The saving grace for me was seeing how pissed off Jimmy looked at the end, he's got the talent and is working super hard so I see him having a great year. Also when Hudler took that feed from Dats and finished it the way he did Eva I thought of you and couldnt help but think if he played with Dats every game he could score, well he's on pace for 82 ! :D

I just hope that the Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary line doesn't continue to be the team's third line. Although it makes Marc Crawford look pretty silly to say Vern Fiddler is the league's best third-line center when Datsyuk is on the third line to start the year...

Of course, Crawford looks silly anyway; the best third line center is either Bolland or Staal. Easily. Helm and Malhotra a distant third and fourth.

Guest Heaten

I was especially happy with Kindl. I thought the E and Kindl pair was our 2nd best pairing last night. Kronwall and Stuart were underwhelming.

I wasn't really happy with the Hudler / Datsyuk line. I thought Hudler was weak on the puck and destroyed the lines puck possession. Though he did score a sweet goal to make up for how soft he is... I just want to see him get stronger on the puck.

Filppula was fun to watch, he's really a slippery skater out there. Bertuzzi showed flashed of the Big Bert I remember from 2002. The Abby/Helm/Bert line was my favorite line. They pretty much carried the team.

Nice to see Emmerton score a goal. I hope proves to be a good NHLer. Brunnstrom has some competition. So does Eaves, because Miller was a stud out there.

Nice to see Dats deaks are rubbing off on Capt. Nick.

Was at the game last night, which had a slight deja vu feeling of last year's opener (up until the third period). Overall, I'm loving what I saw from the AHB line, great to see Emmerton's drive caring over from the preseason, and Kindl doing great on defense. Really enjoyed the goals by Bert and Lids (who was definitely doing the Datsyuk Dangle out there).

I wish though, that even though his family couldn't be there, that they would have honored Salei as well as McCrimmon. I was surprised there wasn't a moment of silence for them, although it was very touching that they gave the family his jersey. I also like the nice touch of the team wearing a patch with all three of the men's initials.

I think there is a great opportunity for growth and change in the areas that need them this year, and it will be exciting to see what comes to fruition.

Go Wings!

The did a moment of silence at the first home pre-season game so I guess they didn't feel the need to do that again as well as the ceremony?

I just hope that the Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary line doesn't continue to be the team's third line. Although it makes Marc Crawford look pretty silly to say Vern Fiddler is the league's best third-line center when Datsyuk is on the third line to start the year...

Of course, Crawford looks silly anyway; the best third line center is either Bolland or Staal. Easily. Helm and Malhotra a distant third and fourth.

To be fair, they were the worst of the top-3 lines last night IMO. I like the top-three lines as-is, and I don't mind certain lines getting more time when they're playing well. I'd like to see that line more, so hopefully they can have a better game tonight.

Guest Heaten

Now that Hudler has significant trade value, can we trade him straight up for Dustin Penner?

To be fair, they were the worst of the top-3 lines last night IMO. I like the top-three lines as-is, and I don't mind certain lines getting more time when they're playing well. I'd like to see that line more, so hopefully they can have a better game tonight.

Datsyuk doesn't deserve third line minutes, he's easily a number one center and at lowest a number two on any team in the NHL. His linemates were non existent for most of the game, need to make better plays and control the puck more. I felt terrible seeing him on the ice with E, Hudler and Kindl (even though an awesome game from him).

Now that Hudler has significant trade value, can we trade him straight up for Dustin Penner?

I believe you forgot to add the sarcasm emoticon.

Edited by darkmanx