Hockeytown0001

10/8 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Avalanche 0

Rate this topic

They were rolling

ZDC

Huds Flip Mule

Abby Helm Bert

Eaves Emmerton Miller

Ah yes the Hud and Zetterberg flip. Tbh I couldn't really tell except now it makes sense watching that second goal. lol. Not the worst of ideas on sitting Holmstrom tonight besides the fact our PP is bogus right now... Good thing is or PK is on the opposite side of the spectrum right now which is great....

Wow. I was so happy when the Wings signed Conks as the BU. Besides Kindle's bonehead play in the !st that Flips took care of, I am really getting excited about this season. Have to say that I impressed how the Avs played. Young team with a lot of energy. Dats still amazes me of what he does every game. Gotta wait 5 days for the next game though.

Edited by Vladiator

Guest Crymson

I just got home. It was a good time. The jersey retirement was cool to see, but not altogether very special. The crowd was in full-on "Red Wings suck!" mode. They even booed Lidstrom--"Lindstrom" in the Avs vernacular, as displayed on the video screen--when he appeared on the video with a shout-out to Forsberg. Anyway, I retaliated throughout the game by asking those Avs fans around me whom amongst the two teams had made the playoffs last year. When the Wings scored, I hit them with a "Who sucks now?" and managed to make a few of them pretty angry.

The Wings looked slow in the first, good in the second and dominant in the third. The crowd wasn't especially loud at any point, and the Avalanche fans became testy and restless in the third because of the Wings` constant possession of the puck.

Also of note is that the game was not sold out. Given that it was opening night and given that it saw the retirement of one of the Avs` greatest players, it struck me as pretty sad. Anyway, I had a good time.