• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/8 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Avalanche 0

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

nobody's talking about the 3-on-1 in the 1st (or maybe it was the 2nd period) that Lidstrom single-handedly shut down that probably saved a goal against.

Kindl had a few glaring mistakes, but was overall solid. Ericsson had a couple of high quality (rocket) shots on goal. Man does Ericsson have a freaking bomb of a shot! And of course, Helm was beasting it up. I didn't realize Zetterberg had such a ripping shot! He needs to use that more instead of his typical backhander. I knew Franzen had a fast shot, but I didn't realize it was that freaking fast.

I know the Tigers are the main draw right now, but still. You'd think there would be a bit more life here. I hope there's some more activity around here for Thursday's game.

This place is clearly dead when I'm not here :P. Damn my night job!!!!

Didn't see the game until today due to date night with my wife, but center ice had the replay on this morning after my church gig. Stuart was imho sluggish compared to the rest of the D, but Kindl and E have been pleasant surprises. Things seem to bode well for this season thus far.

Only 147 replies? Yikes, you guys.

It's about how many replies there are...you know why some don't post in the thread. I also am trying to watch the game more which means I'm paying less attention to the computer.

We all appreciate all the work you do in getting these GDT started. It's nice to come here and comment. And like others have said, once we have a loss or bad game there will be plenty of the negative posts. It seems like the only time people speak up is when they have something to complain about.

Watching the highlights on NHL.com, I continue to be amazed at how Mike Haynes (Colorado) and Dan Terhaar (Minnesota) still have jobs as commentators. They are unbearable to listen to.

Even though I have NHL Centre Ice the Red Wings feed is always blacked out for Red Wings-Avalanche games here in Colorado so I am forced to listen to Haynes and the other idiot. My God it is like going to the dentist! I was laughing hard however as late in the 3rd period when the Wings were ramping up the pressure and Varlamov was the only thing keeping the Avs in the game, the Avs announcers were saying "Varlamov makes the save" over and over and over again. If I hear the name Varlamov one more time I will puke.

On a positive note however was after the Zetterberg goal the Avs announcers actually started giving the Wings credit for playing a good game.

Yeah, I never realized how much I dislike the Avs announcers. They ramble on and on about absolutely nothing...it's okay to shut your piehole once in a while, you know? Non-Wings fans complain about Mickey rambling, but at least he has some good "back-in-the-day" stories and stuff. These guys just spew random stats nobody cares about or, like Behind Enemy Lines said, keep repeating "Polly want a cracker" -- oops, that was supposed to say "Varlamov makes the save," and they never. shut. up.

Congrats to Conklin on getting a shut out in his first game of the season! I love it when there's not another game for a while, and you have something nice like that to think about instead of stewing in your pot about what went wrong.

It'll really be dead here tomorrow night.

I hope not.

Yeah, I never realized how much I dislike the Avs announcers. They ramble on and on about absolutely nothing...it's okay to shut your piehole once in a while, you know? Non-Wings fans complain about Mickey rambling, but at least he has some good "back-in-the-day" stories and stuff. These guys just spew random stats nobody cares about or, like Behind Enemy Lines said, keep repeating "Polly want a cracker" -- oops, that was supposed to say "Varlamov makes the save," and they never. shut. up.

Congrats to Conklin on getting a shut out in his first game of the season! I love it when there's not another game for a while, and you have something nice like that to think about instead of stewing in your pot about what went wrong.

This.

I've actually been really surprised at how quiet it's been around here as well. I figured as soon as the season started this place would be packed again but it's been pretty calm.

I usually come on this forum during the day, and rarely at night, but I'm still surprised at how little is going on each morning when I check the site out.