• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

They were rolling

ZDC
Huds Flip Mule
Abby Helm Bert
Eaves Emmerton Miller

Ah yes the Hud and Zetterberg flip. Tbh I couldn't really tell except now it makes sense watching that second goal. lol. Not the worst of ideas on sitting Holmstrom tonight besides the fact our PP is bogus right now... Good thing is or PK is on the opposite side of the spectrum right now which is great....

#142 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Wings 3

AVS ZERO.

*AHEM* I will lead you all in SINGING THIS EVENING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy7lLQwToI

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#143 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren:

Edited by Hiei, 08 October 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#144 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Wow. I was so happy when the Wings signed Conks as the BU. Besides Kindle's bonehead play in the !st that Flips took care of, I am really getting excited about this season. Have to say that I impressed how the Avs played. Young team with a lot of energy. Dats still amazes me of what he does every game. Gotta wait 5 days for the next game though.

Edited by Vladiator, 08 October 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#145 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Nice win.

Powerplay needs some work but an overall solid effort.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#146 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Great 3rd period.

Was nice to see them put the Avs away, great game by our top line and Conks.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#147 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

Franzen and Zetterberg goals

#148 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

I just got home. It was a good time. The jersey retirement was cool to see, but not altogether very special. The crowd was in full-on "Red Wings suck!" mode. They even booed Lidstrom--"Lindstrom" in the Avs vernacular, as displayed on the video screen--when he appeared on the video with a shout-out to Forsberg. Anyway, I retaliated throughout the game by asking those Avs fans around me whom amongst the two teams had made the playoffs last year. When the Wings scored, I hit them with a "Who sucks now?" and managed to make a few of them pretty angry.

The Wings looked slow in the first, good in the second and dominant in the third. The crowd wasn't especially loud at any point, and the Avalanche fans became testy and restless in the third because of the Wings` constant possession of the puck.

Also of note is that the game was not sold out. Given that it was opening night and given that it saw the retirement of one of the Avs` greatest players, it struck me as pretty sad. Anyway, I had a good time.

#149 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

Only 147 replies? Yikes, you guys.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#150 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Great game by Conks. Hats off to him, great start to the season.

#NOMOREKINDL

#151 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

I just got home. It was a good time. The jersey retirement was cool to see, but not altogether very special. The crowd was in full-on "Red Wings suck!" mode. They even booed Lidstrom--"Lindstrom" in the Avs vernacular, as displayed on the video screen--when he appeared on the video with a shout-out to Forsberg. Anyway, I retaliated throughout the game by asking those Avs fans around me whom amongst the two teams had made the playoffs last year. When the Wings scored, I hit them with a "Who sucks now?" and managed to make a few of them pretty angry.

The Wings looked slow in the first, good in the second and dominant in the third. The crowd wasn't especially loud at any point, and the Avalanche fans became testy and restless in the third because of the Wings` constant possession of the puck.

Also of note is that the game was not sold out. Given that it was opening night and given that it saw the retirement of one of the Avs` greatest players, it struck me as pretty sad. Anyway, I had a good time.

http://espn.go.com/n...nce/_/year/2011

The numbers don't lie. Perhaps colorado is next on the chopping block?

#152 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

http://espn.go.com/n...nce/_/year/2011

The numbers don't lie. Perhaps colorado is next on the chopping block?

#153 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Only 147 replies? Yikes, you guys.

It does seem awful slow around here for the beginning of the regular season.

Anyhow, Conklin had a great game. Good to see him back. Our 3rd line looked great again. I'd like to see Bertuzzi stay on the 3rd line, simply because he's got a defined role playing with Helm and Abdelkader, that role being finishing his checks, skating hard on the backcheck, and playing responsible defensively, as well as occasionally chipping in offensively. Drew Miller is starting to grow on me. He looked solid again tonight, and at this point I don't think Babs should sit Miller in favor of Brunnstrom.

As far as the attendance in Denver tonight, I thought Ken and Mick mentioned it was sold out.

There were some soft penalty calls, especially where O'Brien got an interference for his little push on Cleary in front of the net. I know the call favored us, but wow. That's not what the game needs.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#154 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:45 AM

It does seem awful slow around here for the beginning of the regular season.

The TIgers, probably.

#155 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

It's ironic that Forsberg talks about how his best times were "always beating the Red Wings", and those same Wings end up beating them 3-0 on the same night.

It was a funny comment, but I don't mind it blowing up in their fans faces.

Really excited to see the next game. I haven't been able to see the first two because of previous engagements but a 2-0 start is always great.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 09 October 2011 - 01:14 AM.

Posted Image

#156 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

The TIgers, probably.

Wings > all else

#157 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Wings > all else

To you and me, sure.

#158 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

The TIgers, probably.

Yea that's definitely the reason. It's not every year these two teams play at the same time in October.

#159 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

The TIgers, probably.

Michigan Football as well also probably cut into things. I know I watched the Tigers and flipped to the Wings game, it's not every year the Tigers make the postseason.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#160 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

as I look at the team this year i see a lot of new faces and i'm not going to lie it scares me but they look pretty damn good so far white has a goal already as does bert. good job boys
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!