• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#161 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Nobody complains about Ericsson play?? 0_0 Anyway, he looked fine to me but still worse than Kindl (except his turn-over in 1st period). Stuart was the biggest disappointment last night.

#162 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

Nobody complains about Ericsson play?? 0_0 Anyway, he looked fine to me but still worse than Kindl (except his turn-over in 1st period). Stuart was the biggest disappointment last night.

Ericsson and Kindl are both looking good. Kindl leads the NHL plus-minus stats with +5 and Ericsson is 2nd with +4.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#163 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

Ericsson and Kindl are both looking good. Kindl leads the NHL plus-minus stats with +5 and Ericsson is 2nd with +4.

I agree with this.

Look at Hudler as well. The most popular whipping boy here on LGW. He has a goal and an assist and is playing solid.

If there is any room for improvement, its in the power play.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#164 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

Feels wrong seeing another player wearing #18, not sure if I'll ever get used to it.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#165 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Stu looked terrible-like out of shape terrible. Let's hope he can get his feet moving. We can't afford for him to have a bad season.

works every time

#166 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Feels wrong seeing another player wearing #18, not sure if I'll ever get used to it.

Agreed. I had the same problem last year with Salai wearing #24.

#167 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

The thing that has really stuck out at me over the last two games is team speed. With the loss of some older guys, and the addition of White, Emmerton, and Kindl this team looks a lot faster. The slowest guy is Bert, but even he looks like there's a little extra jump in his step.

I think this extra speed will really pay off. I think it will greatly reduce the time we spend in our own zone and add to our puck possession.

#168 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Agreed.

Kindl was good last night minus that blunder on the powerplay.

#169 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

The thing that has really stuck out at me over the last two games is team speed. With the loss of some older guys, and the addition of White, Emmerton, and Kindl this team looks a lot faster. The slowest guy is Bert, but even he looks like there's a little extra jump in his step.

I think this extra speed will really pay off. I think it will greatly reduce the time we spend in our own zone and add to our puck possession.

Even guys that are not known for their speed are moving their legs. The team as a whole looks very driven.

#170 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

So I see others thought Stuart looked like butt too.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#171 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

I agree with you, Stuart was in slow-motion mode.

Ericsson did alright. I wasn't impressed by him, but he didn't seem to make any huge mistakes.

Our win can be attributed to one main factor: Konker

#172 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

Stu looked terrible-like out of shape terrible. Let's hope he can get his feet moving. We can't afford for him to have a bad season.

Yeah, Stuie was not doing too well last night or Friday night. Right now, I'm not liking his pairing with Kronwall. With Kindl excelling, do you think Babs might eventually shift him to the 3rd line and move Kindl up to the 2nd?

I'm really liking the speed, as mentioned above, the team is showing right now. I hope it continues for the rest of the season. Plus, the infusion of a little more youth is definitely wearing off on some of the older guys, especially Bert, playing with Helm and Abby. I loved those set ups last night and Friday night created by the speed of Helm and Bert finding the right place to be at the right time. I can't wait to see more of that this season.

#173 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Just watched the game. Clearly dominated in the first 2 periods.
Defense played good though cleared the front, when they didnt conks was there.
I thought datsyuk was superb, his back checks were awesome
Mule can completely dominate with his hands and stick handling when he wants to
Everyone played good. Kindl looked great

Keep up the good defense

#174 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Agreed.

Kindl was good last night minus that blunder on the powerplay.

He was grabbed and hauled down.

#175 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Conklin played a great game.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#176 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,598 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Only 147 replies? Yikes, you guys.

It's not fun to post after wins.

You've been here long enough to know better.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#177 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

nobody's talking about the 3-on-1 in the 1st (or maybe it was the 2nd period) that Lidstrom single-handedly shut down that probably saved a goal against.

Kindl had a few glaring mistakes, but was overall solid. Ericsson had a couple of high quality (rocket) shots on goal. Man does Ericsson have a freaking bomb of a shot! And of course, Helm was beasting it up. I didn't realize Zetterberg had such a ripping shot! He needs to use that more instead of his typical backhander. I knew Franzen had a fast shot, but I didn't realize it was that freaking fast.

#178 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

I know the Tigers are the main draw right now, but still. You'd think there would be a bit more life here. I hope there's some more activity around here for Thursday's game.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#179 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hudler looks good so far.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#180 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

I know the Tigers are the main draw right now, but still. You'd think there would be a bit more life here. I hope there's some more activity around here for Thursday's game.

This place is clearly dead when I'm not here :P. Damn my night job!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".