• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Season-Long Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Due to popular demand here on the board...I'm starting one official 'blueadams lines thread,' and I'm going to update it throughout the season (as opposed to starting 50+ different lines threads).

Real Lineup:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Zetterberg-Filppula

Miller-Helm-Cleary

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Emmerton/Eaves/Mursak

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Commodore/Kindl

Howard

Conklin

Blueadams' Dream Lineup:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Miller-Helm-Cleary

Mursak-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Emmerton

*Eaves

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

...Nothing too drastic. 1) I think Flip is better with Pav, and I think Mule is better with Hank, so I switched those two. 2) Brendan Smith is so much better than Kindl and Commie...come on.

Edited by blueadams

Popular demand? :blink::lol: just kidding...

Anyhow, I like line combo talk, but in reference to your lines that you want to see this year. Neither Commodore or Emmerton will be in GRR anytime soon, if at all, especially while Smith and Nyquist are waiver exempt, so just keep the dream.

I do like Filppula with Datsyuk.

Edited by LeftWinger

Here we go again. <_<

Why would commie go to GR ? He played one of the best defensemen in the pre-season and was clearing people from the front of the net, and they wouldn't have even signed him if he was going there in the first place ? I take it you haven't watched a single game this season also, Helm, Abs and Bert have been phenominal together, probably the better lines of each game so now we split them up because you think Flip will excel on Pavs wing ? Huds has 2 points in 2 games and has played pretty decent both games no reason to lower his confidence and demoting him to the third line where he will become useless because you don't think he's doing good. Please re-think before you create so many stupid line threads.

I'm pretty sure McGrattan made the Ducks roster :thumbup: Hopefully he'll see some time on the 4th line this year.

For some reason, he was a free agent when I acquired him, though. ;)

I'm still leaving that spot open for a pure goon on any Wings line I put together in this season long thread.

I'm still leaving that spot open for a pure goon on any Wings line I put together in this season long thread.

With Holmstrom and Bert likely done at the end of the year, hopefully Kenny will pick up someone along the lines of a David Clarkson or Brad Winchester for the 4th line. I'd nut if McGrattan became a Wing. :P

I gave you a +1 for making a singular thread for the season. unfortunately, as per your other line threads, i probably won't look at them.

It would have been nice if he had just kept it as an update-able list of all the lineups used instead of turning into yet another "here are the lines I want" thread.

At the very least he could have put his "lines I want" in a second post in this thread.

What I think would be nice in a lines thread, more than just "post lines, argue about why your lines are the best" is maybe some reasonable discussion on the lineup.

For one, blueadams, the lineup you suggested isn't going to happen. Emmerton has been rock solid so far and isn't going to Grand Rapids, even if he is waived. He likely won't be waived. Commodore is still injured, so we don't even know how he'll fit into the team. But we do know that Commie is a stay-at-home player while Smith is an offensive defenseman. The Wings need more guys like Commie right now. And even if that did happen, Kindl has outplayed Ericsson by a wide margin. Which leaves a defenseman who just signed a $3m+ deal in the press box while a prospect who could be in Grand Rapids plays. Smith certainly needs to work on parts of his game, and can do that in Grand Rapids.

Also, you forgot to include Mursak in your preferred set of lines; he will be back at some point, after all.

Ultimately when Mursak returns, one of the team's current skaters will have to be waived or traded. It will almost certainly be a forward, given that the team is carrying 14 and that Mursak is a forward. Which leaves a battle between Emmerton, Miller, Eaves, and Brunnstrom for three roster spots.

As it stands, I would like to see the following setup tried out:

Hudler/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Filppula/Zetterberg/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Holmstrom/Emmerton/Abdelkader

I honestly like what the wings have right now... I'm one of the rare hudler believers on this thread and I think he will be good with datsyuk. I think emmerton should stay and mursak should take millers spot when he returns

Also I think emmerton miller and brunnstrom should all rotate in and out of the roster throughout the year

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest Crymson

Emmerton would not clear waivers now. Not a chance.

You probably started your game with an older set of rosters.

I honestly like what the wings have right now... I'm one of the rare hudler believers on this thread and I think he will be good with datsyuk. I think emmerton should stay and mursak should take millers spot when he returns

Also I think emmerton miller and brunnstrom should all rotate in and out of the roster throughout the year

THIS. the hudler-dats-cleary line is great. hudler and cleary both feed off great players and really step up their play with dats. the franzen-zetts-flips is sweet too. franzen and flips have always had fantastic chemistry. also, after these last 2 games im really liking the abby-helm-tuzzi line. grit makes me happy :)

the only changes i might make is a return of the franzen-flips-tuzzi line, and move zetts onto datsyuks line with cleary. then move hudler to the fourth line (where he belongs when not with zetts or dats) and move homer up to the 3rd to play with abby and helm. or maybe even brunnstrom instead of homer if he does well.

Please re-think before you create so many stupid line threads.

I believe he started this by saying he is only creating this one thread this year and adding to it as the year goes on...

....As far as lines go we may have to get real use to seeing almost a different team every night, babs never waits long before changing something up. The easiest way to change up during a game is playing with lines, its tough for the coach on the opposing team as well. What worries me (I just feel he pulls the trigger to soon some times) is the number of combos he can do with there scoring depth this year. Last year we had grinding depth, this year seems special and I look forward to it. Also by the looks of young guys in GR we are in good shape for a few years.

I believe he started this by saying he is only creating this one thread this year and adding to it as the year goes on...

....As far as lines go we may have to get real use to seeing almost a different team every night, babs never waits long before changing something up. The easiest way to change up during a game is playing with lines, its tough for the coach on the opposing team as well. What worries me (I just feel he pulls the trigger to soon some times) is the number of combos he can do with there scoring depth this year. Last year we had grinding depth, this year seems special and I look forward to it. Also by the looks of young guys in GR we are in good shape for a few years.

Babs will change a lot this year, that is fersure. But, I feel like there is some sense of default lines. clutch lines that we often revert back to. I'm thinking those default lines will be the ones we saw in the first 2 games. They make a lot of sense, but im all for a change up soon. keeps things interesting and exposes new chemistry and ideas.

If anyone watched the long pre-game show before the Avs game, babs said he asked the new asst coach from western to come in everyday with a new idea. im sure a lot of these ideas will be about lines. babs is a genius, despite how simple this task for his assistants is.

Guest blueadams

i've already changed my proposed lines in response to some of the more intelligent responses...lol

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary - - - - - or - - - - - Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi - - - - - or - - - - - Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Nyquist-Eaves

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader

Holmstrom

Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

Conklin

Edited by blueadams

Just saying, hes posted that before and a couple weeks later there's line threads everywhere.

i've already changed my proposed lines in response to some of the more intelligent responses...lol

Hudler-Nyquist-Eaves

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader

Holmstrom

Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

Conklin

So where is Mursak? He won't clear waivers. Commodore might due to his combination of age, skill, contract, and having started the year on injury.

The fact is Smith and Nyquist likely won't be regulars this year unless they replace someone who really stinks it up. Smith won't jump Kindl in line, and Kindl is currently outplaying Ericsson. And Nyquist has a few guys in line ahead of him simply due to waiver issues. Your roster has the Wings benching Homer and Emmerton, and waiving Brunnstrom and Mursak JUST to put Nyquist in the lineup.

Hudler-Nyquist-Eaves

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader

Holmstrom

Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

Conklin

kindl and commie b4 smith

brunnstrom and mursak b4 nyquist

homer on the 4th line and only usually plays on the pp

hudler on the 4th line when not on Z or dats line

Guest blueadams

So where is Mursak? He won't clear waivers. Commodore might due to his combination of age, skill, contract, and having started the year on injury.

The fact is Smith and Nyquist likely won't be regulars this year unless they replace someone who really stinks it up. Smith won't jump Kindl in line, and Kindl is currently outplaying Ericsson. And Nyquist has a few guys in line ahead of him simply due to waiver issues. Your roster has the Wings benching Homer and Emmerton, and waiving Brunnstrom and Mursak JUST to put Nyquist in the lineup.

i explained my reasoning a little more thoroughly in the updated original post.