• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Season-Long Lines Thread

Rate this topic

So you leave in Cleary, who has yet to have a good game, but scratch Hudler, who has been one of the team's better forwards?

Also, your fourth line isn't just leftovers; it's actually an effective checking line with three solid defensive forwards.

My bad, totally forgot about Hudler. Take Miller out and get Jiri in there, he's actually been pretty good this season (but not lately and thus I forgot about him :yowza:)

They were split up when Emmerton was out, but together most of the time elsewise. Personally, I think Bert looks out of place on that line. 3 goals in 9 games certainly isn't bad for a 3rd line, but I think they'd be even better without Bert.

Hank-Pav-Homer (Homer has looked good the past two games)

Huds-Flip-Mule (4 games without a goal, but I still think they can work)

Abby-Helm-Cleary (Maybe that will spark Clears)

Miller-Emmy-Eaves (Solid defensive line)

This is close, except I would switch Abdelkader and Eaves to get the Cleary/Helm/Eaves line out there. Also, take Miller out for Bertuzzi.

Z/Dats/Homer

Huds/Flip/Mule

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Abby/Emmy/Bertuzzi

This leaves Miller and Mursak. Assuming you rotate them in for Eaves, Homer, and Emmerton, then the following options are available:

Eaves out: Mursak slots directly for Eaves; Miller takes Abs' spot, one of Abs or Emmerton takes Eaves' spot.

Homer out: Bert to first line, Miller/Mursak in his place.

Emmerton out: Abs to center, Miller/Mursak on wing.

Edited by eva unit zero

Guest blueadams

Babcock's revamped the lines again, post-Nyquist (link - http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/red_wings_gustav_nyquist_has_g.html)

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Eaves

*Hudler

*Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Kindl

Ericsson-Stuart

*Commodore

Howard

Conklin

I love Nyquist being inserted into the top six, but man, I've got a lot of problems with these new line combos.

1) Why in the world is Franzen still centering a line!?

2) Why in the world is Filppula now in the bottom six!?

3) Why in the world is Bertuzzi being rewarded for such horrible play!?

4) Why in the world is Emmerton being punished for such excellent play!?

5) New D pairings?? Necessary?? We'll see.

I love Nyquist being inserted into the top six, but man, I've got a lot of problems with these new line combos.

1) Why in the world is Franzen still centering a line!?

2) Why in the world is Filppula now in the bottom six!?

3) Why in the world is Bertuzzi being rewarded for such horrible play!?

4) Why in the world is Emmerton being punished for such excellent play!?

5) New D pairings?? Necessary?? We'll see.

I have some answers to your questions although they might not be correct. :P

1) Babs likes to have Franzen taking faceoffs. Don't know what his win % is mind you.

2) Fip like a lot of others has cooled down considerably. Time to mix things up? I'm liking the third line tbh.

3) Good question he hasn't been good at all.

4) Emmerton hasn't played well since the Washington game when he's been in the lineup. Not bad but a couple of costly turnovers in that Washington game that probably made Babs cringeworthy.

5)Good question I guess it can't hurt too much at this point right? :D

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Babcock's revamped the lines again, post-Nyquist (link - http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/red_wings_gustav_nyquist_has_g.html)

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Eaves

*Hudler

*Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Kindl

Ericsson-Stuart

*Commodore

Howard

Conklin

Ugh, I still don't like that second line and swap Helm and Abby.

Ugh, I still don't like that second line and swap Helm and Abby.

I agree about the Helm and Abby Part..

I don't know what to make of Nyquist yet, but I am excited to see him play

Edited by HelmFan

I love Mike Babcock, but did he use his brain tonight? Why oh why would you put Nyquist on a line with the lazy, floating Bertuzzi and the cold, floating Franzen? It’s just a death-trap, I don’t think they had one good scoring chance tonight, Franzen finished with 0 SOG. Franzen isn’t an effective NHL centre, at least not yet, so why in the world did Babs think they would be effective together, it’s just madness. Give Gus a chance on a line that can carry and control the puck.

The lines should have looked something like this:

Filppula – Datsyuk – Holmstrom

Nyquist – Zetterberg – Franzen

Hudler – Helm – Eaves

Cleary – Abdelkader – Miller

It’s laughable that Hudler was scratched before Cleary and Bertuzzi.

Nyquist – Datsyuk – Helm

Eaves – Zetterberg – Franzen

Hudler – Filppula – Emmerton

Whichever line plays the best in the game gets the most minutes. If struggles continue then the players that look like they give a damn will be on one line together that plays the most while the floaters go on one line and play less.

Edited by dragonballgtz

We need to get some lines to gel, because WE AREN'T GENERATING CHEMISTRY BY SWAPPING OUT THE 13TH AND 14TH FORWARDS!!!

The lines won't gel magically, unless the players put forth a great effort out there.

I just don't see any drive offensively right now.

Okay. Things must be shaken up:

Boll-Konopka-Boulton

Janssen-Dorsett-Carcillo

Prust-Gillies-MacIntyre

McGrattan-Orr-Parros

Shelley

Carkner-Scott

Stoner-Engelland

Erskine-Vandermeer

Send Dats and Z down to Grand Rapids, while they are mentored on how to play hockey by Mitchell Callahan. Toss Hudler off the face of the earth. If GMR can secretly knock out Paul Holmgren, convince Lilja to come back to Detroit, destroy his Flyers contract, find an old copy of his Wings contract, and change the dates on it, I'll consider Lilja as a 7th defenseman, since I have taken over for Holland indefinitely while he boards a plane out of Detroit, following 194,620 death threats in the past hour. Any and all requests for trades or free agent signings can be made via PM, although they likely won't be taken seriously. I have contacted Amway, dropped their sponsorship, and the Detroit Red Wings are now being sponsored by hockeyfights.com. Welcome to a brand new era of Detroit Red Wings excellence.

Sincerely,

Bring Back the Bruise Bros

Okay. Things must be shaken up:

Boll-Konopka-Boulton

Janssen-Dorsett-Carcillo

Prust-Gillies-MacIntyre

McGrattan-Orr-Parros

Shelley

Carkner-Scott

Stoner-Engelland

Erskine-Vandermeer

Send Dats and Z down to Grand Rapids, while they are mentored on how to play hockey by Mitchell Callahan. Toss Hudler off the face of the earth. If GMR can secretly knock out Paul Holmgren, convince Lilja to come back to Detroit, destroy his Flyers contract, find an old copy of his Wings contract, and change the dates on it, I'll consider Lilja as a 7th defenseman, since I have taken over for Holland indefinitely while he boards a plane out of Detroit, following 194,620 death threats in the past hour. Any and all requests for trades or free agent signings can be made via PM, although they likely won't be taken seriously. I have contacted Amway, dropped their sponsorship, and the Detroit Red Wings are now being sponsored by hockeyfights.com. Welcome to a brand new era of Detroit Red Wings excellence.

Sincerely,

Bring Back the Bruise Bros

I guarantee you that lineup would fill the JLA every night.

Probably fill every other arena also.

Guest blueadams

I love Mike Babcock, but did he use his brain tonight? Why oh why would you put Nyquist on a line with the lazy, floating Bertuzzi and the cold, floating Franzen? It’s just a death-trap, I don’t think they had one good scoring chance tonight, Franzen finished with 0 SOG. Franzen isn’t an effective NHL centre, at least not yet, so why in the world did Babs think they would be effective together, it’s just madness. Give Gus a chance on a line that can carry and control the puck.

The lines should have looked something like this:

Filppula – Datsyuk – Holmstrom

Nyquist – Zetterberg – Franzen

Hudler – Helm – Eaves

It’s laughable that Hudler was scratched before Cleary and Bertuzzi.

Those are almost the exact same lines I'd like to see us use:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Helm-Mursak

Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves

*Emmerton

*Miller

*Bertuzzi (released once Mursak returns)

I guarantee you that lineup would fill the JLA every night.

Probably fill every other arena also.

Well with this lineup, none of our skilled players will be getting pushed around. Nobody will go anywhere near our goaltender. 9,489 season tickets have been purchased since I took over for Mr. Holland. I've decided to keep Little Ceasars as a sponsor. You'll be assistant GM. What do you think about Arby's giving away a free order of curly fries when any Wing fights 3 times in one game?

Redwings lines at practice today from Brian Hedger:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary;

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi;

Abdelkader-Helm-Filppula;

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

:lol:

From a healthy scratch to the first line, your 2011-12 Detroit Red Wings!

:blink: :blink:

:huh:

:angry:

Forward Patrick Eaves had what Babcock termed "a maintenance day" and is questionable for Thursday.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111102/SPORTS05/111102032/Wings-Kronwall-OK-Datsyuk-Zetterberg-split-up

Edited by mjlegend

Guest blueadams

Babcock changed the lines today - link: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/red_wings_split_up_pavel_datsy.html

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Eaves(?)

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

...Nyquist has been sent down.

I've been trying to give Babcock the benefit of the doubt, but seriously, wtf man. Hudler goes from healthy scratch to first line!? Nyquist gets sent down after one game!? Bertuzzi is on the second line!? Filppula is on the third line!? Get it together Babcock. You're making a fool of yourself right now. At least he FINALLY broke up Pav and Hank.

Please give me...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Hudler

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Holmstrom

Bertuzzi

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT DATSYUK AND FILPPULA TOGETHER

Flip - Pav - Homer (Cleary/Eaves/Miller shifted in for defense or if Homer isn't working)

Mule - Hank - Hudler (Cleary/Eaves/Miller)

Abby - Helm - Cleary

Nyquist (or Tatar) - Emmerton - Eaves (or Miller)

I think Flip being bumped to the 3rd line is maybe to try to get more offense from that line. But that's what kids like Nyquist and Tatar are for. Let them play against other 4th lines and 3rd defense pairs and provide a spark rather than be pressured to score against better players. If they do well there, then try them in the top 6.

Well with this lineup, none of our skilled players will be getting pushed around. Nobody will go anywhere near our goaltender. 9,489 season tickets have been purchased since I took over for Mr. Holland. I've decided to keep Little Ceasars as a sponsor. You'll be assistant GM. What do you think about Arby's giving away a free order of curly fries when any Wing fights 3 times in one game?

Ya gotta keep Hudler. If he's centering two enforcers, he'll score 300-400 goals because nobody will go near him. Prevention!

If he is splitting up Pavs and Z, I would really like him to try these lines:

Filpulla- Datsyuk- Hudler (I think this could be a GREAT line. Speedy, skill, and it would force them all to shoot more)

Franzen- Zetterberg- Homer (Try the 3 swedes together and see what happens. Neither Bert or Cleary are playing good enough to be on the 2nd line and Homer has)

Cleary- Helm- Bertuzzi (solid 3rd line when playing well)

Eaves- Abs- Miller (Solid checking line)

I think this would be the best bet for the Wings for now.

If he is splitting up Pavs and Z, I would really like him to try these lines:

Filpulla- Datsyuk- Hudler (I think this could be a GREAT line. Speedy, skill, and it would force them all to shoot more)

Franzen- Zetterberg- Homer (Try the 3 swedes together and see what happens. Neither Bert or Cleary are playing good enough to be on the 2nd line and Homer has)

Cleary- Helm- Bertuzzi (solid 3rd line when playing well)

Eaves- Abs- Miller (Solid checking line)

I think this would be the best bet for the Wings for now.

Fill - Dats - Franzen (line needs that guy who will get the messy goals in, aka mule. plus mule and fill have great chemistry. i also really wanna see fill and dats playing together more as well)

Homer - Z - Huds (i actually like the way homer looks out there right now. huds deserves another shot at the top 6 as well, he had some spark this season b4 our 5 game slump)

Cleary - Helm - Tuzzi (im actually worried helm and cleary will make tuzzi work too hard and he'll rack up more penalties lol, but good line)

Miller - Abby - Eaves (typical fourth line. nothing wrong with that)

whole team needs to be shaken up right now. including D

Lids - Stuart

Kronner - White

Ericsson - Kindl

maybe move ericsson or kindl up and see what that does?

or give smith or commie a shot. ppl need to feel the burn on their ass