• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Season-Long Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Assuming Bertuzzi, Lidstrom, and Holmstrom retire, Hudler is let go, and Stuart leaves in search of a job closer to home, how about something like:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Filppula-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Glencross

Moen-Mursak-Eaves

Miller

Suter-Kronwall

Gleason-White

Ericsson-O'Brien

Kindl

O'Brien and Kindl can rotate in and out of the lineup. It's probably a little too early to see if Hudler is actually let go. The loyalty factor could be what keeps him here. We get a lot younger, while keeping a lot of veteran championship experience with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Assuming Bertuzzi, Lidstrom, and Holmstrom retire, Hudler is let go, and Stuart leaves in search of a job closer to home, how about something like:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Filppula-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Glencross

Moen-Mursak-Eaves

Miller

Suter-Kronwall

Gleason-White

Ericsson-O'Brien

Kindl

O'Brien and Kindl can rotate in and out of the lineup. It's probably a little too early to see if Hudler is actually let go. The loyalty factor could be what keeps him here. We get a lot younger, while keeping a lot of veteran championship experience with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

I like the physicality aspect, but we'd be screwed with that second line. We wouldn't be able to score goals at all.

Hell, our top liners aren't scoring consistently anymore.

I like the physicality aspect, but we'd be screwed with that second line. We wouldn't be able to score goals at all.

Hell, our top liners aren't scoring consistently anymore.

No way Holland trades any of them, though. Whether we like it or not, the players in the top 6 aren't going anywhere. The way i see it, we'll be lucky if Hudler is let go. Cleary has looked awful out of place.

Okay, I've been absent from this board for far too long, and this thread is right in my wheelhouse, so here is my take on the line combos.....

For me, you have to play Datsyuk and Zetterberg together. I know that they've appeared to struggle when played together so far this year, but the entire team has struggled.

Also, I just hate Cleary playing on the top line. I like the guy, but he just doesn't seem to fit.

So.....here is how I'd line everyone up.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom (Don't rag on Homer too bad.....he really is most useful fetching pucks and has really seemed, dare I say it, quicker than usual.)

Hudler, Filppula, Franzen (Yeah, I actually like this line.....and I think Hudler really plays well with Flip.)

Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, Cleary

Miller, Helm, Eaves (Rotate in Brunnstrom with Miller.)

Lidstrom, White

Stuart, Kronwall

Kindl, Ericsson

Rotate Commodore and Kindl, and I think he'll push Kindl to play at a higher level.

So, that's it for now.

Go ahead and rake me over the coals......I know you will..

LOL

Stick around!

Datsyuk needs help. If they're not going to call up Nyquist then this is what I'd do:

Hudler - Datsyuk - Eaves

Filppula - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Helm - Abdelkader

Brunnstrom - Miller - Holmstrom

1st line is small, but Eaves brings speed and energy, and Hudler brings some skill. It might not work, but it is worth a shot.

2nd line stays the same.

3rd line is virtually the same, just swapping Cleary and Hudler.

4th line is a mixture of everything, but they won't play much. No Emmerton because he needs a seat, his play tonight was pathetic. Learn how to win a faceoff young man.

Guest blueadams

Datsyuk needs help.

DESPERATELY. Wayne Gretzky might have gone on a 10 game scoring drought in today's NHL with Cleary and Holmstrom on his wings.

FILPPULA-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

CLEARY-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves...Bertuzzi, Brunnstrom

Get Datsyuk some help. He's got tremendous chemistry with Filppula. Hudler adaquetly replaces Val on the second line. Cleary goes to the bottom six where he belongs (unless Homer's taking a break).

Im actually starting to feel bad for Pavel now and Im also starting to think bad things about Babcock...He tries everything to jump start lines trying endless options to the point of head scratching results but wont touch the line of Cleary-Datsyuk-Holmstrom?? Makes no sence at all to me. It also (like Aussie wing stated) makes no sence at all to break up Flip, Z and Mule those guys are money. At this point I think our bottom six will work with any number of combos, and they have proven it. All Babs has to do is remove Cleary (in my mind anyway) and put him down to line three or four.

My though of Cleary (I do love him) ...IMO if Cleary is going to get 20 goals he's getting them from hard work and grinding down his opponents, like the way you play on a line three or four not finishing highlight reel plays on line one with Pasha.

Edited by 13dangledangle

Datsyuk needs help. If they're not going to call up Nyquist then this is what I'd do:

Hudler - Datsyuk - Eaves

Filppula - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Helm - Abdelkader

Brunnstrom - Miller - Holmstrom

FILPPULA-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

CLEARY-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves...Bertuzzi, Brunnstrom

I think Aussie's lines probably work better. Eaves is very similar to Cleary in skill set and playing style, but Eaves has played well this year. Huds/Dats/Eaves could be the new Huds/Dats/Cleary (as I have suggested in the past).

It allows for FZF to stay together, puts Cleary with Helm and Abdelkader on a hard grinding line that should get him going. It's also a situation where he can be a direct swap with Eaves if Cleary suddenly turns it on and/or Eaves looks out of place. Homer, Miller, Emmerton, Brunnstrom, Bert are all left for the fourth line. I'm going to go with Miller/Emmerton/Holmstrom(Bertuzzi) as my line here. Homer's play has definitely tailed off, Emmerton hasn't been as good the past couple games as he was to start the year. Miller knows he was the #14 on the roster coming into the year (including Mursak) and has simply put his game in a different gear. Don't see it lasting, but you have to roll with him in the lineup.

On defense, there's no Ian White and Ericsson once again proved he can't handle the top-pairing duty. We saw Stuart out on the PP against St. Louis, so it's obvious he's the LAST choice for Babcock among potential PP quarterbacks. Brendan Smith would seem the obvious choice to slot right in, and I'm sure he'll get time there, but Kindl getting most of the "Lidstrom-time" and Smith with Ericsson or Stuart on the third pairing makes the most sense.

I think Aussie's lines probably work better. Eaves is very similar to Cleary in skill set and playing style, but Eaves has played well this year. Huds/Dats/Eaves could be the new Huds/Dats/Cleary (as I have suggested in the past).

It allows for FZF to stay together, puts Cleary with Helm and Abdelkader on a hard grinding line that should get him going. It's also a situation where he can be a direct swap with Eaves if Cleary suddenly turns it on and/or Eaves looks out of place. Homer, Miller, Emmerton, Brunnstrom, Bert are all left for the fourth line. I'm going to go with Miller/Emmerton/Holmstrom(Bertuzzi) as my line here. Homer's play has definitely tailed off, Emmerton hasn't been as good the past couple games as he was to start the year. Miller knows he was the #14 on the roster coming into the year (including Mursak) and has simply put his game in a different gear. Don't see it lasting, but you have to roll with him in the lineup.

On defense, there's no Ian White and Ericsson once again proved he can't handle the top-pairing duty. We saw Stuart out on the PP against St. Louis, so it's obvious he's the LAST choice for Babcock among potential PP quarterbacks. Brendan Smith would seem the obvious choice to slot right in, and I'm sure he'll get time there, but Kindl getting most of the "Lidstrom-time" and Smith with Ericsson or Stuart on the third pairing makes the most sense.

I don't think Eaves has shown anything this year to earn top line time even if Homer has "tailed off" a bit in the last couple games. Try him in White's spot on the PP, and in Homer's spot when we want a defensive replacement. Then if he does well you can give him more. He also looks better with Miller and Emmy than Homer, Bert, or Bruno do.

Flip-Pav-Homer(Eaves)

Huds-Hank-Mule

Abby-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Emmy-Eaves

PP1:

Flip-Pav-Homer

Nick-Eaves

PP2:

Mule-Hank-Cleary

Nik-Huds

Or for something outside-the-box we could try Pav or Hank (or both) on the point. Maybe that could somehow spark them and/or our anemic PP.

Eaves-Flip-Homer

Nick-Pav

Huds-Mule-Cleary

Nik-Hank

Doesn't look very good, but it couldn't be worse than what we saw against St.Louis. (Though probably better to just hope Smith can come in and help.)

My though of Cleary (I do love him) ...IMO if Cleary is going to get 20 goals he's getting them from hard work and grinding down his opponents, like the way you play on a line three or four not finishing highlight reel plays on line one with Pasha.

This. Sums up clearys role well.

Edited by lil Wing's fan

Guest blueadams

babs revamped the lines tonight...http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/brendan_smith_excited_for_nhl.html

Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Filppula-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Helm-Brunnstrom

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

*Eaves

*Bertuzzi

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Smith

Kindl-Stuart

*Commodore

*White

Howard

Conklin

PP: Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom, Lidstrom-Smith/Kronwall

...Babcock said that Hudler, Brunnstrom and Holmstrom would rotate in for Abdelkader; and also that he wanted Cleary to focus on getting back to playing in front of the net.

these are the lines I want Babcock to try out...

Franzen, Zetterberg, Cleary

Brunnstrom, Datsyuk, Nyquist

Hudler, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Helm, Bertuzzi

Holmstrom

Miller

Lidstrom, Smith

Kronwall, Kindl

Stuart, Ericsson

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

Edited by robb himself

Guest blueadams

Due to popular demand here on the board...I'm starting one official 'blueadams lines thread,' and I'm going to update it throughout the season (as opposed to starting 50+ different lines threads).

Real Lineup:

...latest update(11/19): http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/red_wings_todd_bertuzzi_feels.html

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom/Eaves

*Brunnstrom

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Smith

Kindl-Stuart

*Commodore

*White(hurt)

Howard

Conklin

bert's been plugged back into the top line

I was thinking the other day; in Hudler's 2008-09 season he was very effective on the second PP unit. How did that PP unit go?

The first unit was:

Holmstrom/Datsyuk/Hossa, Lidstrom/Rafalski

The second unit was:

Franzen/Zetterberg/Hudler, Kronwall/Samuelsson.

So why not take from that and do something like this:

Bertuzzi(Holmstrom)/Datsyuk/Filppula

Franzen/Zetterberg/Hudler

Abdelkader/Helm/Cleary

Holmstrom(Bertuzzi)/Emmerton/Miller(Eaves)

Brunnstrom

Run the top two lines, save for swapping Homer in for Bert, on the PP. Cleary and Bert work in up front. On D, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to go with Lids/Kronwall and rotate Kindl, Ericsson, and Smith on the second unit. Or maybe Lids/Smith, Kronwall/Kindl.

But we know that the Franzen/Zetterberg/Hudler unit works very well on the PP; why not go back to it?

Edited by eva unit zero

Guest blueadams

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Hudler-Emmerton-Miller/Eaves

Brunnstrom

This is how I'd like to see them rolled.

...Problems: The Filppula-Zetterberg-Cleary line blows. Holmstrom sucks in the bottom six. We don't have a checking line.

...Solutions:

1) We need to get Zetterberg going somehow. The guy he's had the most chemistry with lately seems to be Franzen (who, IMO, doesn't really have great chemistry with Pav). So put Mule on Hank's wing. Bert, for whatever reason, only seems to not be completely worthless in the top six when he's playing with Bert (and, IMO, he doesn't really have great chemistry with Pav either). Make him the third man.

2) Still need to keep Pav going. Fortunately, the two guys that he has the best chemistry with (IMO) - Filppula and Holmstrom - are without a role. Put em all together. Simple enough. Now we've got two good scoring lines. Cleary and Abby (maybe Hudler?) can skate for Homer here and there when necessary.

3) Cleary doesn't belong anywhere near a top six role right now. Plug him in on the third line with Helm and Abby. Now we've got an actual checking line. Should make us more of a physical threat.

now with Eaves out for a while, id like to see Brunnstrom play more games.

Id like to see these lines

Filppula, Zetterberg, Hudler

Franzen, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi

Brunnstrom, Helm, Cleary

Abdelkader, Emmerton, Holmstrom

Miller

Lidstrom, White

Kronwall, Stuart

Ericsson, Kindl

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

:siren::thumbup::siren::thumbup::siren::thumbup:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Cleary - Helm - Mursak

Miller - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

There you have it, what the line-up looks like at full strength. Eaves rotating in with whoever is out of form/injured.