• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Season-Long Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

He's definitely not a puck carrier. I will give you that. But he plays wing, so what do you want from him?

I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM HIM!? JESUS CHRIST. Are you kidding me!?

I just said that I - one more time...please, just one more time - "DON'T WANT DATSYUK ON A LINE WITH TWO GUYS THAT CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE PUCK."

I'm done talking to you. Wish I could block you. You're either 8 years old, a (bad name wrt your intelligence that I can't say), or you're just pretending to be dumb in order to continue an argument - in which you no longer even have a point - for the sake of having someone to talk to.

peace guy

Zetterberg datsyuk cleary

Hudler filppula franzen

Abdelkader helm bertuzzi

Brunnstrom emmerton eaves

I actually didn't watch the game on saturday (thank god) did brunnstrom play well?

perfect lines, but i think dats and z should only be on the same line when were down and we need a goal.

move dats to center the 2nd line, and move flips to play on z's wing on the 1st line. then swap cleary and franzi to get that chemistry :)

can say anything about fabian yet. the whole team didnt play well on sat obviously.

Sick of this argument. Would Quincey even be playing on the team right now? He was behind Meech in terms of prospects; Meech is the same age and had outplayed him in every way for years on the same team. Lidstrom and Kronwall, of course, were ahead of him. Stuart was brought in. Rafalski was here. Kindl was considered a potential top-pairing d-man. Ericsson was doing very well in Grand Rapids. Lebda was looking good with Chelios, like he might develop into something (boy was THAT wrong). That's 7 plus Lebda who would have been ahead of Quincey in the past couple seasons. He'd have still been gone. Holland reportedly tried to trade him, but no deal was reached as it was obvious (much like the Osgood situation) that he would be losing someone with skill (or Lebda) regardless of who made the roster.

Point taken....now I must deal with the shame of having kyle quincy being my first post on lGW....its underwhelming. I was just saying sometimes players do get lost with no compensation. However it does not happen if the GM can help it. So I will simply say I am wrong and right at the same time and slip off into a paradox

Guest blueadams

I am going back to:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Helm - Eaves

Miller - Abdelkader - Emmerton

(Brunnstrom Hudler)

Nothing personal, but gotta mix it up Jiri...

1) not a response to you personally...but it sounds like babs was really mixing the lines up today (wednesday) in practice...so we're probably going to see something significantly different next game.

2) those are probably the proposed lines i've come closest to agreeing with thus far. still a couple of things i'm going to beef with though.

...love val and pav together, but i'm not sure homer makes that jump from 4th liner/healthy scratch to 1st liner. probably safer to stick with cleary there.

...bert's been playing like garbage lately - and was benched for the entire third period last game - so i don't see him making a drastic jump either. probably best to just leave huds in there.

...so here's how i'd roll em:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Brunnstrom-Helm-Eaves

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Bertuzzi

Holmstrom

Miller

...the abdelkader-helm-bertuzzi line still kind of exists...just cory's in for helm (very similar players)...and less will be expected from them as a 4th line.

...and maybe that third line could produce a little?? as i've stated previously, i really want them to get a third line that can chip in some goals by the playoffs. mursak should get a shot in there when he's back (...nyquist is a 3rd scoring line all on his own if he ever gets a chance).

Edited by blueadams

lines have been revamped for tonight's game (link - http://www.mlive.com...dore_clear.html):

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Filppula-Franzen-Hudler

Bertuzzi-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Emmerton, Brunnstrom

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

...can't say I like the direction.

Just need to swap Cleary and Bertuzzi. After that, you have a "Franzen" line and a "Bertuzzi" line, and you can use Z, Dats, Flip, and Huds interchangeably.

Here's what I want to see by the end of the season.

Hudler - Datsyuk - Iginla

Franzen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Holmstrom - Helm - Cleary

Fritz - Abdelkader - Eaves

Lidstrom - White

Kronwall - Stuart

Kindl - Commodore

That'd be a hell of a line-up, though I'm surprised you of all people didn't include Jiri over Fil in the deal for Iginla :hehe:

Guest blueadams

to hell with bertuzzi. i mean, really, what's the point of playing him? he can't carry the puck. he makes bad passes. he rarely scores, unless he's set-up perfectly. he blocks more shots than he deflects in front of the net. he's generally clueless offensively. he ruins our rhythym in that regard. he's awful defensively...in all areas. he doesn't hit anyone. he doesn't fight anyone. and...here's the kicker...he consistently takes stupid penalties. what's the deal babcock!? what's the point!? you benched modano last year but you won't bench this bum? am i alone here?

take a look at these here lines. you've got your best six offensive players on the top two lines, spread out the way i like them (plenty of combinations could work). you've got one hell of a new-school grind line on the third. you've got one hell of a defensive line on the fourth. homer's probably going to be replaced by cleary or abby quite a bit on the first line, but that's no biggie.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves (/Mursak when he's back...Brunnstrom waived/GR)

Bertuzzi

Brunnstrom

Edited by blueadams

Guest blueadams

Fabian Brunnstrom's been placed on waivers.

Gustav Nyquist has to be the most obvious replacement.

I have no idea how he fits into the lines...

Ideas?

Guest blueadams

alright...here we go.

who are your top six offensive players? datsyuk, zetterberg, franzen, filppula, hudler...and yes...nyquist. put them all in the top six. let's score some goals. the arrangement of those top six players on the top two lines can be debated to the ends of the earth. but i like this combination:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Filppula

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen

first, i think we're a better team with pav and hank apart. second, i think pav and val have better chemistry than anyone on the team, so i've got them together. third, i don't want the first line to be too top-heavy, so i'm putting mule on the second line with hank. fourth, hudler and nyquist are interchangable to me...at this point.

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

hell of a new school grind line for the third group. hell of a defensive shut down line for the fourth group. homer and bert, i think, should both be healthy scrathces in the everyday lineup. ESPECIALLY bert.

Here's what I'd like to see for the moment:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom (Dats and Flip work, and this line has worked in the past)

Eaves - Zetterberg - Franzen (They spent some time together last season, and Eaves needs a larger role to jump start his season, at least he shoots)

Hudler - Helm - Cleary (Skill, speed and energy, just do it)

Miller - Emmerton - Abdelkader (Leftovers)

(Holmstrom)

If Nyquist is called up...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Hudler - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

Looks better...

And yes, scratch Bert (which won't happen) until he shows some effort.

I'd like to see:

Filpula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Fil and Dats work well together, the 2nd line was money in 2009, and the 3rd line is a good energy line. Then Eaves plays with the leftovers.

I'd like to see:

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Fil and Dats work well together, the 2nd line was money in 2009, and the 3rd line is a good energy line. Then Eaves plays with the leftovers.

I love that line. They stuck with it in the beginning of the year, and kind of moved away from it the last few games, if i remember correctly.

I'd like to see:

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

So you leave in Cleary, who has yet to have a good game, but scratch Hudler, who has been one of the team's better forwards?

Also, your fourth line isn't just leftovers; it's actually an effective checking line with three solid defensive forwards.

So you leave in Cleary, who has yet to have a good game, but scratch Hudler, who has been one of the team's better forwards?

Also, your fourth line isn't just leftovers; it's actually an effective checking line with three solid defensive forwards.

Maybe he's predicting Hudler will get injured before next game and be out for a while?

I love that line. They stuck with it in the beginning of the year, and kind of moved away from it the last few games, if i remember correctly.

They were split up when Emmerton was out, but together most of the time elsewise. Personally, I think Bert looks out of place on that line. 3 goals in 9 games certainly isn't bad for a 3rd line, but I think they'd be even better without Bert.

Hank-Pav-Homer (Homer has looked good the past two games)

Huds-Flip-Mule (4 games without a goal, but I still think they can work)

Abby-Helm-Cleary (Maybe that will spark Clears)

Miller-Emmy-Eaves (Solid defensive line)