Photo
- - - - -

How long before headshots are embellished by garbage players?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Skip to about the 1 minute mark, this is the only video I could find sorry for the terrible quality.

2 games into the season and this s*** is happening already

#2 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Matt Cooke is a boil on the ass of the NHL.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#3 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

As much as I hate Matt Cooke as a hockey player, he isn't completely to blame.

It's up to the NHL to enforce it's diving rules if they want players to stop it.

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

It wasn't embellished. Looks like he took a tricep in the jaw.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

Sooo...

/inb4no"collarbonehits"rule?

Looked clean as f*** to me. Want more.

#6 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Was clean, and it looked like Cooke got his bell rung a tad.

Posted Image

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,645 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Embellishment has been a part of hockey a long time now. I hate it too.

This won't affect suspensions, however, since replays will show that it was embellished and no punishment will be necessary.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Definitely got his bell rung, took a shoulder right to the face (not principle point of contact, though). I don't see how anyone could say he was faking anything.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

I don't see how anyone could say he was faking anything.

Ive never seen someone hold their forehead like that after a hit. Looks to me like he was trying to emphasize the head contact, and was putting on an act. And seeing him jump right up and engage in a scrum after how disoriented he supposedly was? I don't see how anyone couldn't say he was faking that.

#10 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Clean hit, definitely embellished....
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#11 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

Players started to embellish last year. All that does is make the refs jobs even harder for them to do.

#12 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

i think this is what you're looking for:

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#13 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxiPspNCCg

We already went over the fact that he embellished that. If you're comparing Abdelkader to Cooke, in the sense that they're both garbage, there is no comparison. Cooke is a career piece of s***. Makes a living off throwing blindside hits and elbows. Abdelkader DID embellish that hit, but you can't compare Cooke to Abdelkader.

I don't expect an intelligent response from you, because I know you post this s*** just to stir trouble on here.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#14 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

i think it was 100% on-topic. are we concerned about players embellishing head shots due to the new stricter rules, or not?

it's not like matt cooke will be the only guy doing it...and that play was nowhere near as bad of an embellishment as abdelkader's. that's incredibly emabarrassing for the wings.

LOL

#15 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

i think it was 100% on-topic. are we concerned about players embellishing head shots due to the new stricter rules, or not?

it's not like matt cooke will be the only guy doing it...and that play was nowhere near as bad of an embellishment as abdelkader's. that's incredibly emabarrassing for the wings.

Never said it was off-topic. So Abdelkader makes an ass out of himself by embellishing a hit once, and he's just as big of a piece of s*** as Cooke?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#16 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

So Abdelkader makes an ass out of himself by embellishing a hit once, and he's just as big of a piece of s*** as Cooke?

where did i say that?

everyone already knows that cooke is human garbage. that's nothing new.

a discussion about the potential that players may intentionally embellish any hit near the head due to the new rules might actually result in some conversation. it just so happens that the most blatant example of that so far was abdelkader. hopefully it was a one-time thing.

LOL

#17 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxiPspNCCg

You said that here.

Obviously, you didn't say it verbatim, but you clearly were implying 'Cooke=Abdelkader' or something similar with this post.

But then, you already knew that....as did anyone else with a fully functioning brain.

See - I didn't actually say in the line above that you have a full functioning brain, but I implied it.

There's no need to play dumb. Go ahead and stand up for the point you are making. I don't agree with it and neither would most, I would imagine. But, you're entitled to your opinion, so don't be fickle and back off from it.

Unless 'Bring Back the Bruise Brothers' is right and your whole purpose in posting was to stir up trouble.

Edited by barabbas16, 09 October 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#18 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Ive never seen someone hold their forehead like that after a hit. Looks to me like he was trying to emphasize the head contact, and was putting on an act. And seeing him jump right up and engage in a scrum after how disoriented he supposedly was? I don't see how anyone couldn't say he was faking that.

Must be why he left the game after the hit for a while.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#19 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

You said that here.

Obviously, you didn't say it verbatim, but you clearly were implying 'Cooke=Abdelkader' or something similar with this post.

But then, you already knew that....as did anyone else with a fully functioning brain.

See - I didn't actually say in the line above that you have a full functioning brain, but I implied it.

There's no need to play dumb. Go ahead and stand up for the point you are making. I don't agree with it and neither would most, I would imagine. But, you're entitled to your opinion, so don't be fickle and back off from it.

Unless 'Bring Back the Bruise Brothers' is right and your whole purpose in posting was to stir up trouble.

i was implying that abdelkader had the worst embellishment of a hit to the head so far this season, which is completely true. nothing to do with cooke.

sorry to disappoint you.

i wouldn't make a habit of trying to determine other posters' intentions. you're apparently not very good at it.

LOL

#20 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

Embellishment has been a part of hockey a long time now. I hate it too.

This won't affect suspensions, however, since replays will show that it was embellished and no punishment will be necessary.

Best response in this thread.

We have already seen a couple embellishments. They won't be going away anytime soon.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain