• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AceInTheSleeve

How long before headshots are embellished by garbage players?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Sooo...

/inb4no"collarbonehits"rule?

Looked clean as f*** to me. Want more.

I don't see how anyone could say he was faking anything.

Ive never seen someone hold their forehead like that after a hit. Looks to me like he was trying to emphasize the head contact, and was putting on an act. And seeing him jump right up and engage in a scrum after how disoriented he supposedly was? I don't see how anyone couldn't say he was faking that.

i think this is what you're looking for:

We already went over the fact that he embellished that. If you're comparing Abdelkader to Cooke, in the sense that they're both garbage, there is no comparison. Cooke is a career piece of s***. Makes a living off throwing blindside hits and elbows. Abdelkader DID embellish that hit, but you can't compare Cooke to Abdelkader.

I don't expect an intelligent response from you, because I know you post this s*** just to stir trouble on here.

Guest stinky fish taco

i think it was 100% on-topic. are we concerned about players embellishing head shots due to the new stricter rules, or not?

it's not like matt cooke will be the only guy doing it...and that play was nowhere near as bad of an embellishment as abdelkader's. that's incredibly emabarrassing for the wings.

i think it was 100% on-topic. are we concerned about players embellishing head shots due to the new stricter rules, or not?

it's not like matt cooke will be the only guy doing it...and that play was nowhere near as bad of an embellishment as abdelkader's. that's incredibly emabarrassing for the wings.

Never said it was off-topic. So Abdelkader makes an ass out of himself by embellishing a hit once, and he's just as big of a piece of s*** as Cooke?

Guest stinky fish taco

So Abdelkader makes an ass out of himself by embellishing a hit once, and he's just as big of a piece of s*** as Cooke?

where did i say that?

everyone already knows that cooke is human garbage. that's nothing new.

a discussion about the potential that players may intentionally embellish any hit near the head due to the new rules might actually result in some conversation. it just so happens that the most blatant example of that so far was abdelkader. hopefully it was a one-time thing.

i think this is what you're looking for:

You said that here.

Obviously, you didn't say it verbatim, but you clearly were implying 'Cooke=Abdelkader' or something similar with this post.

But then, you already knew that....as did anyone else with a fully functioning brain.

See - I didn't actually say in the line above that you have a full functioning brain, but I implied it.

There's no need to play dumb. Go ahead and stand up for the point you are making. I don't agree with it and neither would most, I would imagine. But, you're entitled to your opinion, so don't be fickle and back off from it.

Unless 'Bring Back the Bruise Brothers' is right and your whole purpose in posting was to stir up trouble.

Edited by barabbas16

Ive never seen someone hold their forehead like that after a hit. Looks to me like he was trying to emphasize the head contact, and was putting on an act. And seeing him jump right up and engage in a scrum after how disoriented he supposedly was? I don't see how anyone couldn't say he was faking that.

Must be why he left the game after the hit for a while.

Guest stinky fish taco

You said that here.

Obviously, you didn't say it verbatim, but you clearly were implying 'Cooke=Abdelkader' or something similar with this post.

But then, you already knew that....as did anyone else with a fully functioning brain.

See - I didn't actually say in the line above that you have a full functioning brain, but I implied it.

There's no need to play dumb. Go ahead and stand up for the point you are making. I don't agree with it and neither would most, I would imagine. But, you're entitled to your opinion, so don't be fickle and back off from it.

Unless 'Bring Back the Bruise Brothers' is right and your whole purpose in posting was to stir up trouble.

i was implying that abdelkader had the worst embellishment of a hit to the head so far this season, which is completely true. nothing to do with cooke.

sorry to disappoint you.

i wouldn't make a habit of trying to determine other posters' intentions. you're apparently not very good at it.

Embellishment has been a part of hockey a long time now. I hate it too.

This won't affect suspensions, however, since replays will show that it was embellished and no punishment will be necessary.

Best response in this thread.

We have already seen a couple embellishments. They won't be going away anytime soon.

i was implying that abdelkader had the worst embellishment of a hit to the head so far this season, which is completely true. nothing to do with cooke.

sorry to disappoint you.

i wouldn't make a habit of trying to determine other posters' intentions. you're apparently not very good at it.

False. I see him throwing his arms up as to say "WTF". Not throwing his arms up as "OMG I'm le hurt"

The flop by Semin last week was ugly too.

I thought it was funny because EVERYONE knew it was a flop. There wasn't a single person defending him. I saw he got clipped very slightly, but not enough to act like he had been taken out by a sniper. I felt bad for the ref who didn't have the best view and had to go off the skewed angle, he's probably getting ripped on at all the refs meetings for that ejection.

sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not disappointed. If that is not what you meant, then I am glad, and I agree. I still disagree about that being the worst embellishment this year... someone later in the thread mentioned that it seemed to them that Abby raised his arms as if to say 'WTF?'.... I believe this is a more accurate assessment, but again you are entitled to your opinion. I do not consider Justin Abdelkader to be a flopper.

Maybe you should try listening to other people. Obviously, I was not the only one who mis-interpreted, as you say, the point you were trying to make. And this has clearly happened in the past, because it seems that you have developed a repuatation for stirring up trouble or something like that.

I would think that you would want to effectively make your points. I could tell you not to make a habit of communicating because you are apparently not very good at doing that effectively. But instead.... pay attention to what other people say and adjust your postings in the future to clearly state your point. Change the way you post to avoid misinterpretation. "I think this is what you are looking for" followed by a clip of the hit on Abby is pretty open for interpretation. And, I'm not a regular poster on this board, so I was not biased against your posts or anything, but how I said I read it is how I read it. It can be annoying, but communication is a two way street... and it really doesn't matter all that much what you were trying to say if that's not what people think you were saying. It just makes things more difficult for everyone.

Exactly.

He was touching his head as if he was checking to see if he got cut or something. If he wants to embellish properly, he needs to study the tape of the guys he's headhunted and see what it really looks like when you get your bell rung.

Absolutely clean hit. Primarily body contact. Looked like some incidental contact to the head, but honestly the hit wasn't even that hard. Though even if it broke his friggin jaw I wouldn't shed a tear.

Cooke continues to disgrace the game.

Edited by haroldsnepsts