• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Xavier oulette

Rate this topic

He has 5 points in 8 gamse now but shockingly also has 3 fights so far.

He also has an outside chance at the WJ team this year, if not than most likely next year. He seems like a very good prospect to have

This is one prospect who doesn't get enough love. He's already a defensive stalwart, and his offensive game is now starting to pick up. And as you mentioned, he's picked up quite the mean streak!

Yeah its cause hes not the flashy goal scorer Sproul is I think. Ouelette is just solid all around and has improved drastically over the last year or so, now picking up a mean streak, throwing hits and scrapping.

Yeah its cause hes not the flashy goal scorer Sproul is I think. Ouelette is just solid all around and has improved drastically over the last year or so, now picking up a mean streak, throwing hits and scrapping.

He doesn't look out of place fighting either, do you know where that all came from?

He doesn't look out of place fighting either, do you know where that all came from?

From my hockey playing experience I would guess that since hes donning the C he feels the need to step up for his teammates. Hes definitely done good int he scraps as well lol.

On HFboards a poster who watches his team regularly said his game looks completely transformed from that of a positional type player to a physical force out there.

If you watch his last fight he absolutely rams a guys head into the boards cause hes mad at him.

From my hockey playing experience I would guess that since hes donning the C he feels the need to step up for his teammates. Hes definitely done good int he scraps as well lol.

On HFboards a poster who watches his team regularly said his game looks completely transformed from that of a positional type player to a physical force out there.

If you watch his last fight he absolutely rams a guys head into the boards cause hes mad at him.

I'm pretty sure he's doing all that for you. I bet he's thinking to himself, "I may not make it to the Wings (seeing as how more than most picks simply don't make it)... But I can at least give Newfy some good old fashioned North American toughness to cheer about." :hehe:

I'm pretty sure he's doing all that for you. I bet he's thinking to himself, "I may not make it to the Wings (seeing as how more than most picks simply don't make it)... But I can at least give Newfy some good old fashioned North American toughness to cheer about." :hehe:

Well yeah, he obviously reads HFboards and LGW and notices who the smartest poster is and listens to him :cool:

But seriously this kid is good, hes producing points, playing strong defensively and fighting. Everyone can like him on here not just me

Well yeah, he obviously reads HFboards and LGW and notices who the smartest poster is and listens to him :cool:

But seriously this kid is good, hes producing points, playing strong defensively and fighting. Everyone can like him on here not just me

He puts up points and plays solid defense. I like him for that. he fights and wins. You like him for that. We both like his complete game....weird...

only thing i wonder about is will his physical game translate over to the pros against grown men?

As if on cue. Here's a new article on Xavier from redwingscentral.com. Getting stronger is his key goal.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/10/18/2229/ouellet-takes-leading-role-with-armada/

Last season, Xavier Ouellet was a young kid on one of major junior hockey’s top contenders. This season, he’s an old veteran on a team rebuilding for the future.

Although the 18-year-old blueliner was already logging his fair share of ice time for the Montreal Juniors, he’s taken it to a new level since the QMJHL team relocated to nearby Blainville-Boisbriand and renamed itself the Armada in the off-season.

Ouellet is the Armada’s captain and its No. 1 defenceman, anchoring both special team units and getting as many minutes as he can handle.

“It’s a great challenge for me,” said Ouellet, who the Detroit Red Wings selected in the second round (48th overall) of last June’s draft. “I just got drafted, and that first year after being drafted is very important for a player. I need to get stronger so I’ll take all year to concentrate on that and work out.”

The six-foot 185-pounder is off to a good start, with four goals and five assists for nine points in 12 games, not to mention 27 penalty minutes and three fights. While he doesn’t have any plans to trade in his smooth, two-way, puck-moving game for an enforcer’s role any time soon, he said it comes with the territory of being a team leader.

“I don’t want to change my game, but I’m older this year,” Ouellet said. “We have a young team, we have to defend ourselves.”

Red Wings scout Mark Leach has already seen Ouellet play several times this season and gave him a glowing review, but did emphasize the importance of strength training.

Ouellet said he got some extra motivation to improve in that area after participating in the Red Wings’ annual prospects tournament and training camp in Traverse City in September.

“I had a good camp, I got good comments from the coaches and the organization,” Ouellet said. “It was a good experience, I loved it. I just want to come back next year — stronger.”

The Armada sat 13th among 17 teams in the QMJHL with a 7-9 record as of Tuesday night.

“We’re young, we’re rebuilding,” Ouellet said. “It’s a challenge. We’re playing to win every game and we’ll see how many wins we’ll have at the end.”

Not sure what I sense about him yet. When he got drafted I tried to find everything I could on him like all the other picks. The term that came up in my mind was "Generic solid two-way defenseman." And I really don't mean that as a knock on him. There is definitely a need for his kind of game and I try to appreciate it to the fullest.

At the same time, when it comes to pure excitement for a prospect, I just didn't experience it when researching him, which is fine too.

Not sure what I sense about him yet. When he got drafted I tried to find everything I could on him like all the other picks. The term that came up in my mind was "Generic solid two-way defenseman." And I really don't mean that as a knock on him. There is definitely a need for his kind of game and I try to appreciate it to the fullest.

At the same time, when it comes to pure excitement for a prospect, I just didn't experience it when researching him, which is fine too.

Thats the feel I get for him too. Seems very similar to Kindl in that respect.

When Kindl was drafted he was a physical and offensive force, kindl lost that edge it seemed but has brought it back this year trying to stick with the team.

I doubt Ouelette will ever be a top pairing guy but something like Ian White is what I feel this kid is like. Could bump up and play with your top gun and not look out of place while just being really well rounded. White will get nasty from time to time, scores some goals and plays solid in his own end. Ouelette has the size to be more of a physical force however if hes 6 feet, already 185 pounds and has a tonne of room to grow. Looks pretty stocky to me

I was really excited about all our picks, except Quine, he seemed quite redundant. XO and Sproul seem like they could be the future Kronwall and Stuart, minus the monstrous hitting.

Yeah I dont know what to expect out of Quine at all really, too soon for me to have an opinion.

I was actually thinking that the other day, I highly doubt these guysw ill be top pairing guys but could turn out to be solid number 3 and 4 types.

I also wouldnt be so quick to sell them short on the huge hitting aspect. Sproul is 6'4 and just filling out and does have some edge to his game, once hes full grown he could be a physical force.

Ouelette this year has also been extremely physical from what I've been told. They could actually end up a pairing very similar to Stuart and Kronwall

Seleced for the subway super series quebec team :thumbup:

Atta boy! Wouldn't it be something if we somehow got two NHL regulars in this draft alone in regards to defensemen? And you never know, Ned might turn out to be that brusing 6th DMan who doesn't take crap from anyone.

Atta boy! Wouldn't it be something if we somehow got two NHL regulars in this draft alone in regards to defensemen? And you never know, Ned might turn out to be that brusing 6th DMan who doesn't take crap from anyone.

Sproul was also selected for the OHL and yeah it seems like its hard to find good defenseman in a draft, I dont wanna speak too soon but Ouelette and Sproul could be paired up in detroit 5 years from now.

Its hard to say but theyve shown promise so far