• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Central Division

Rate this topic

Honestly find the Division rankings the same as last year with us coming out on top.

Detroit

Nashville

Chicago

St. Louis

Columbus

Chicago fans around here in Minnesota trying to tell me how last year was a fluke for them and that they are going to finish on top with Nashville 2nd and us third :D Also funny how all the so called "experts" are saying Chicago is a cup contender. I don't really see it. Yeah ok my/our opinions might be biased but really Chicago? Same story with them as last year too much money invested in too few of players.

Thoughts?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Ill take a stab at it

1. Detroit

2. Chicago- good solid team, biggest question is how Crawford will hold up in his sophomore season

3. Nashville- I see them competing with Chicago, it could really go either way, like their style solid defensive hockey coupled with some good physical play and timely scoring

4. St. Louis- like a few of their low risk veteran additions, a healthy season form all their players could put them in the playoffs, if Halak performs well theyll be right in the thick of the hunt, most likely grabbing that 7th or 8th

5. Columbus- They have certainly improved, but questions remain around Steve Mason, with no reliable backup in site theyre hitched to him. If he bounces back to his rookie form combined with some of the additions they made in the offseason, namely Carter and Wiz they could easily find themselves in the thick of the playoff hunt down the stretch run

I stood firm last year that Chicago would not make the playoffs before the season started. I was almost right. I still believe that Chicago will be the 3rd best team in the Central. But I have no idea who number 2 will be. I think it will be Detroit, Nsh/Col, Chi, St.L

Detroit

Chicago

Nashville

St. Louis

Columbus

I think Detroit is easiest best of the bunch - true stars at the top and solid depth throughout - but the Central is certainly a tough one to call.

About a quarter of the way through last season all 5 teams looked like they were making the playoffs.

I think the Central is definitely the strongest division in hockey. I wouldn't be surprised at all if four teams make the playoffs.

1. Detroit

2. Chicago

3. St. Louis

4. Nashville

5. Columbus

This is exactly what I think too, even down to the large gap between 4 and 5. Columbus just have too many holes.

Honestly, I've got to say - I think we really are giving Chicago too much credit. I mean, they BARELY made it into the playoffs last year and it's not like they made a whole lot of improvements. Plus, St. Louis got better, Colombus got a lot better, Nashville will at least be on par, and the Red Wings are either on par or will improve.

I will say this though, I feel that the overall respect that the general Wings fan base has for Chicago resembles why we are head and shoulders over other team's fans (I'm looking at you Avalanch)base in terms of classiness.

Detroit: As long as Detroit can stay healthy and have their big guns in the line-up as much as possible I can see us winning another Division Championship

Chicago: Strong team but I have to agree with alot of you in saying they have way to much money invested in too few players but I do believe they are getting a little more depth

Nashville: Getting stronger and scarier to play.

St. Louis: I could actually see St. Louis or Columbus in 4th but I'll say St. Louis, a few more get r dun players

Columbus: They are getting better as I saw @ the Prospect Tournament they have some good young players coming up but still lack experience.

Should be a great season hopefully Detroit will be at the top of the Division again!! Let's Go Wings!!

the top two teams are obviously us and the Hawks, as for the other 3, take your pick cause i can any of them making the playoffs-- just way too many scenarios to play off to really predict. As others have said in regards to Columbus, even though they have started 0-3 for the first time in their franchise history, Mason is the huge x-factor or question mark. Same with St Louis and Halak. Nashville will be a cusp team as well. Excited to see.

1. Wings (screw the pundits)

2. Hawks

3. Columbus (sleeper pick)

4. Nashville

5. St Louis

I think the Central is definitely the strongest division in hockey. I wouldn't be surprised at all if four teams make the playoffs.

1. Detroit

2. Chicago

3. St. Louis

4. Nashville

5. Columbus

I agree with this.

Sad for Columbus, though.... they really made legitimate efforts to improve, and they did....but they will have nothing to show for it. I wonder where they would place in the Northwest Division.

Let me take off my homer glasses and really try to analyze this.

1) Detroit. Detroit is essentially the same team as last season, only a little worse (on paper) in the offensive defensemen column. However, tighter defense should really fix this. The goaltending is also fixed. Conklin is a good backup and Howard has shown he is the real deal. Last year several players struggled through the season. Franzen and Hudler were notables. Two games in is way too early to tell, but everyone who struggled last year has contributed at least a point thus far in the season, which is a good sign. So if the Wings have really shaken off some of their issues from last season, while returning with a stronger lineup, there's really no question they'll top the Division this year. Barring major injuries, as usual.

2) Chicago. Chicago is still a good team. But like someone else said, they will never be as strong as they were in '10. They have some excellent role players, but not enough. They will finish second, and I predict they will challenge the Wings at times during the season for first place, but ultimately will be in a close race with Nashville for second.

3) Nashville. Perennially better than they should be, they will continue to be. But they don't have what it takes to really wow anyone so they'll make playoffs, but just behind Chicago.

4) St. Louis. So much talent...nothing to bring it all together. They'll have strong points this season but they don't really have anything that can really push them over the edge all season long to keep them in competition for the top spots in the Division.

5) Columbus. Do I really need to explain this?

Seems like a lot of people were picking Chicago to win the Cup this season. I guess the members of LGW disagree.

They certainly have some question marks on that team, namely in their depth and their goaltending. But remember that guys like Toews, Kane and Keith are only now getting into their prime. It's possible we haven't seen the best of those players yet. And they won the Cup with Antti Niemi as their netminder, who was hardly a well known goalie at the time. They're a dangerous team for sure and not to be underestimated.

Edited by GMRwings1983