• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Dallas Attendance

Rate this topic

It's football season in Texas. Nothing else exists. Check back in February, though, I feel their days of constant sellouts are over for now. At least until they get a serious ownership group.

Unfortunately, that is kind of the attitude down here, from most people. Although, anybody willing to be open minded about hockey, normally end up addicted. Hockey is not something you can really be a part of here, it's not offered in school, and the leagues that are available have to be sought out and are expensive in comparison from up North, so I'm told. Exposure is very limited. I wish I had the opportunity to play hockey growing up. I played basketball, football, baseball, soccer. Everything but what I really wanted to. Hockey is growing down here, but not fast enough.

I was sent to work in Irving Texas from January to April 2009. Some of the bigger teams on weekends sold out. I saw the Wings play on a sunday for $20 per seat in the nose bleeds (the only ones I could get)

The weekday games with weaker teams I could buy tickets for $9-$11 per seat to sit anywhere in the upper bowl. knowing that they are trying to sell and going bankrupt they problably do not entertain these seats at such a low cost. This was huge bonus to me cause my closest NHL arena in Toronto.

Been in the Dallas area for almost six years now and the big problem here is the bandwagon. If the Stars are doing well in a few months the place will be packed, if not they will stick with the only team that fans seem to be "loyal" towards....the Cowboys. I wouldn't have guessed there were 50,000 Rangers fans total in this area a few years ago, but they make the post season last year and the bandwagon fills up. It's sad but that is the way it is here, makes us people from Michigan appreciate our fans even more.

anything to get them on solid footing. Team's playing some bonkers hockey with Lehtonen holding the fort nicely.

In other news, Blues get a new owner, new coach, and they're playing some bonkers hockey.

I don't understand it either. Did they lose their entire fanbase after 2008?

It has to have something to do with their most well-known guys like Modano, Lehtinen, and Zubov moving on. These guys were there for Dallas' Championship win over Buffalo. Looking around their arena tonight, I saw mostly Modano and Zubov jerseys, and the occasional Benn or Ribeiro jersey. Guys like Brenden Morrow and Steve Ott have been there a long time as well, so the fans are more familiar with them as opposed to a guy like Loui Eriksson. Even looking around the Joe, the majority of jerseys are Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, and Osgood. All guys were part of our glory years.