• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Dallas Attendance

Rate this topic

I don't think the fans in Dallas are at the baseball game... but I do think the product in Dallas has suffered, with the funding issues they have - and no franchise players anymore.

It's also extremely expensive in Dallas for good seats. Minimum of $180.00 per ticket for lower bowl, not on an angle and with good line of sight. Double that for better seats. Uh. Nope. People have cut back on season tickets there, too, according to some I know in Dallas.

Making the playoffs for a change might help. ;)

If it's still like that in December, then I'd worry... or furthermore, in Feb after football season, but considering that the Rangers are in the ALCS (as already touched on) AND the fact it's a Monday, AND the fact they're playing the Yotes... I wouldn't read too much into it...

As Puckloo mentioned, a lot of the recognizable names in Dallas are gone. Mike Modano, Sergei Zubov, Jere Lehtinen, and Marty Turco were the more popular guys among the fans.

Sort of similar to our situation in the first couple years after the lockout. Our fan-favorites (Yzerman, Shanahan) parted ways with the team, and the interest went down a bit. Difference between their situation and ours: We remained competitive.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

If it's still like that in December, then I'd worry... or furthermore, in Feb after football season, but considering that the Rangers are in the ALCS (as already touched on) AND the fact it's a Monday, AND the fact they're playing the Yotes... I wouldn't read too much into it...

Well, I don't believe attendance was good last year either.

A guy working in the CBJ Tix sales called me as "my personal ticket representative" and was trying to sell me on seats. (I was tempted just to have great seats for the three games a year when the Wings are in town) but I had some fun with him asking if they would give me my money back on nights when the team didn't show up (as was the case for a few games last year) and he just stammered for a second and then reattempted his pitch. I may looking into it next year if I have a client base built up, sounds like with so few people there we can actually talk business ;)

I will be taking my Brother in law (Jackets fan) on the 25th where it will be a home game for us Im sure.

Edited by legaleaglewingsfan

My fiancé and I went to their preseason opener vs the Avs. The tickets normally were $150 (lower bowl), but thankfully I got the tickets free through work.

Granted, it was a preseason game, but I would be shocked if there were more than 2,000 people there. The official boxscore for that game shows just under 6500, but I don't believe that.

Get an Entertainment Book, they have 50% off coupons. Lower bowl tickets in the corners are about $75, with coupon they're under $40 a piece. Or, use the coupon for better tickets and get them for $75. I'm not 100% they have the coupon this year, but they have the last few years, no idea why they would change it now. You don't even need the coupon, just call and tell them you have it, that's what I do.

6000 people sounds like a lot more than it looks like. Our AHL team (Rampage) have attendances ranging from 6-10,000 and the place looks empty when there are 6000 there. Besides the other big names they lost, they also let Richard's walk this offseason, too. I think their attendance will pick up though, maybe not sellouts, but wait until MLB is over and then we'll see.

It's football season in Texas. Nothing else exists. Check back in February, though, I feel their days of constant sellouts are over for now. At least until they get a serious ownership group.

..and some marquis talent that fans can rally around. Turco, Modano, Hull, Richards have all left, and the group of guys they have now don't include any "franchise" players. Benn might be someday, but he's still too young and untested to really pick up the mantle.