• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Detroit # 1 Fan

How Do You Feel About The Southeast?

Rate this topic

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie More and more NHL governors convinced DET will be moving to SE Div in Eastern Conference when realignment done in early December.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie If DET goes to SE (East), it's plausible and possible WPG could take DET's place in Central Div (West). Realignment would be done.

Interesting. I know one thing, Stamkos and Ovechkin would be my two most hated players in no time :lol:

So what happened to league re-alignment? This is essentially a switching of two teams.

I for one have no problem with the move. That's a weak division traditionally and I want the Wings in the east. Yeah, it makes no geographical sense, but neither does having Washington in the southeast.

Besides, in a few years, Florida will most likely move from that division as well.

Blah I hope not. Just switch Nashville to the Southeast. Winnipeg to the Northwest and move Minnesota to the Central. Problem solved.

I've said that before. It makes the most sense with the least amount of disruption.

Of course, that means Detroit stays in the West.

Guest Shoreline

If it were true then so much for the Leafs-Wings division rivalry again. But since this is just speculation and rumors, can't really give much of a crap atm.

If it were true then so much for the Leafs-Wings division rivalry again. But since this is just speculation and rumors, can't really give much of a crap atm.

So? We'd just play them 4 times instead of 6. Certainly better than how often we play them now.

Of course, the everlasting rivalry with Chicago would be lost. Don't know if the league wants that.

Blah I hope not. Just switch Nashville to the Southeast. Winnipeg to the Northwest and move Minnesota to the Central. Problem solved.

As much as I want to see the Wings move East, if all the NHL is going to do is slide a team into the SE, it really makes more sense to move Nashville or Dallas.

Guest Shoreline

So? We'd just play them 4 times instead of 6. Certainly better than how often we play them now.

Of course, the everlasting rivalry with Chicago would be lost. Don't know if the league wants that.

Prefer 6 Wings-Leafs games over 6 games in Florida. Indeed a move to the East would be good no matter the division but there's also more preferable ones.

The league would also lose out on the epic Wings-Jackets and Wings-Preds rivalry. :(

So after being a Wings fan for 20 years now, I finally "adopted" a second team last season to follow which is the Bolts. As much as I would like to see the Wings go to the east, not so much into the SE division. Either a complete realignment of the league in which the Wings are in the same division as the Leafs and Pens (there is more of a rivalry between those two teams right now than above anybody else in the West), or do the simple and most logical move by putting the Preds in the SE.

As long as we are out of the West. At least it's a start. Wouldn't be long until Florida is gone, so that's probably when major re-alignment will happen. it's better to be in the East when re-alignment happens than to be in the West and try to get into the East. Plus, being in the SouthLeast will at least guarantee us a division crown every year and a guaranteed playoff spot that goes along with it.

Here's how I would do it:

Eastern Conference:

1) North East Division = Montreal, Winnepeg, Toronto, Ottawa

2) Colonial Division = Boston, Philadelphia, New York Rangers, Washington

3) Atlantic Division = Buffalo, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburg

4) South East Division = Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida, Nashville

Western Conference:

1) Midwest Division = Detroit, Columbus, Chicago, Minnesota

2) Southern Division = St. Louis, Dallas, Colorado, Phoenix

3) Pacific Division = Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Portland

4) North West Division = Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Seattle

Each team gets:

(6) games vs eacg division opponent = 18 games

(4) games against each non-division, conference opponent = 48 games

(1) game against each opposing conference opponent (alternate 2 divisions away / 2 divisions home each year) = 16 games

total games = 82 games

DONE.

Eastern Conference:

3) Atlantic Division = Buffalo, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburg

Western Conference:

Each team gets:

(1) game against each opposing conference opponent (alternate 2 divisions away / 2 divisions home each year) = 16 games

total games = 82 games

DONE.

Ummm....

Didn't you forget to elaborate on something in your post?

Eastern Conference:

Western Conference:

Each team gets:

total games = 82 games

DONE.

If they did this kind of re-alignment I would lobby for the conferences to no longer be divided geographically, but evenly, so both conferences have east and west coast teams, north, south teams, etc. This way all teams will have to deal with long road trips equally throughout the Regular season and post season.

Ummm....

Didn't you forget to elaborate on something in your post?

Yah, I've added a couple teams that don't exist currently = Seattle Slewfoots and the Portland Pistols.

I just think the 16 team conferences make things cleaner. I don't like 6 divisions of 5 teams each. I like 8 divisions of 4 teams each. Top team from each division and then 4 wild cards after that for playoffs.