#1 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

POPULAR

TSN reports:

"I love watching Sidney Crosby, but aren't you guys sick of all this by now?," he said Tuesday night on NHL Overtime on Versus.

"I'm sick and tired of listening to Sidney Crosby saying, 'nothing's new yet...nothing's new yet.' Just don't interview him anymore. I know he's the best player in the league, the best player in the world. Head shots are very, very difficult. I'm not saying he's not hurt. There's no question. I've been hit very, very hard. I understand what concussions are all about - you have to be very concerned about this. But enough."

Posted Image

#2 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Quite possibly the first time I've ever agreed with Jeremy Roenick. I saw on ESPN's bottom line yesterday on the NHL's "Crosby" section that there was nothing new to report. The hell is it even there for, then?

#3 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

I saw a bit of his rant and the one piece the concerns me is when he appeared to say that Crosby should just get on the ice and start taking contact. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume what he meant was that he wants to see him move to the next level and get back soon, that's what he wants to see, not seeing him get interviewed with no updates. I'm not sure though.

Other than that, I agree with him, even though he sounds like a bit of an idiot when he says it.

Here's the big problem.....the members of the media will continue to ask Crosby questions as often as possible because they will want to be the ones that gets the big story out first. That's simply how it works.

#4 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I never liked him as a player, but I do like him now.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#5 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Quite possibly the first time I've ever agreed with Jeremy Roenick. I saw on ESPN's bottom line yesterday on the NHL's "Crosby" section that there was nothing new to report. The hell is it even there for, then?

The only reason I can think there was some sort of reporting on ESPN yesterday is because there was news Monday night that Crosby might be seeing his doctors yesterday and there was expectation that he would be cleared for contact. When the media spoke to Crosby yesterday, he said that he did not have an appointment, he would be seeing doctors later in the week and it was a routine meeting. I guess the ESPN news reporting went out to clarify that "screw up" by someone.

#6 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Here's the big problem.....the members of the media will continue to ask Crosby questions as often as possible because they will want to be the ones that gets the big story out first. That's simply how it works.

That's exactly it. It really has nothing to do with Crosby as the media does this with everything making news out of the non-newsworthy.

Leave Crosby alone. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get into a game and the Pens will be all too eager to let us know when he's ready to play.

Edited by ElCapitan, 12 October 2011 - 10:39 AM.

#7 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have to agree, only partly, with Roenick's beef about how much attention Crosby is getting for things that aren't even remotely newsworthy. Concussions are s***ty. I've had one before. However, all this excessive attention and embellished concern about injuries does is help fuel the exaggerated woes of hitting and fighting in the NHL because of all the constant attention placed on a single player who's having difficulty getting back on the ice. I want Crosby back and playing as soon as he possibly can, I have no dislike toward the guy that quite a number on this forum have, but I'm also getting pretty tired of the same story taking top headlines. During the preseason, okay, there's nothing going on, but now it's the regular season, so either they start talking about something else or I simply stop paying attention to these media outlets. No other choice really.

#8 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

There is even a Crosby update in the Roenick rant article...

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Good on JR.

For the record, its obviously not Crosby's fault that they are doing this...

But JR is right, enough is enough. There is a freaking season being played at the moment, come on.
Posted Image

#10 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

This has less to do with Crosby, but more how annoying the media is.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#11 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

They can keep asking him but they don't have to report it to us, that way whoever is first to report that he is coming back can take all the glory.

I am definitely sick of hearing about him now that the season is started, they should focus on the games being played now and the players that are actually playing. Everyone heals differently, it took Lilja a year before he was ok to play, so they should just leave him alone and let him or the team announce when he'll be back.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#12 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

sigh... I hate the media.

First they talk about Crosby till everyone's tired of hearing about him.

Then they have some other talking head (that's all Roenick is now) ask why were spending too much time talking about Crosby. There's no difference. Next we'll have responses to why the media is talking so much about a player that isn't evenf****** playing.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 12 October 2011 - 12:01 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Crosby already announced that he's ready to return. Check it out.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Isn't this what espn does with all the American athletes?

They overcover people like Lebron and Favre, by talking about every minute detail of their lives.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Isn't this what espn does with all the American athletes?

They overcover people like Lebron and Favre, by talking about every minute detail of their lives.

Ya, but Crosby isn't American, so ESPN reporting on him so much doesn't relate....anyway though, enough Crosby talk, let the guy be alone, heal and announce when he may or may not return. My guess is he returns a few weeks before the playoffs to get in game shape and then plays the playoffs. (if the pens make the playoffs)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#16 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Interesting response from Phil Bourque. Sounds like he is defending Crosby by saying "do you think he wants to speak to the media everyday"....problem is, I don't think JR was taking a shot at Sid, he was taking a shot at the media. He also said that the first thing he learned when he joined the media was to think before you speak.....maybe he should have thought a little bit before he slandered JR quite a bit.

http://www.1059thex....ml&mid=21489320

#17 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/

:lol:

#18 Free_Candy

Free_Candy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

I didn't really have a problem with his rant too much, there was a lot of debate about this over the summer and on a certain level I could understand his frustration. One side (Pittsburgh media especially) wanted updates from Crosby and wanted to know why he wasn't giving updates, others (like me) were on the "enough already, let him be, if there was a update he'd give one" side.

The only point I didn't agree with was JR's "I know concussions are bad, but let's get to playing, let's get going" point of view...thanks, Dr. Roenick.

Doesn't matter now. Crosby's cleared for contact and seems to be on schedule to return fairly soon.

Edited by Free_Candy, 13 October 2011 - 02:54 PM.

"It's a great day for hockey." -- Badger

#19 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Roenick heals people!

Posted Image

#20 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

Oh JR... I hope he opens his mouth again and says the Wings won't win the Stanley Cup.