• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gcom007

NHL Gamecenter is now on Apple TV

Rate this topic

Well, I'm pretty excited. With the iOS 5 update hitting today, Apple TV has been updated to now include NHL Gamecenter. In addition to being able to stream live games with a Gamecenter Live subscription, you can also buy old games on iTunes. For example, purchase all 6 games of the 2008 Stanley Cup series for $9.99 through iTunes. I am pretty excited. To anyone looking to get more access to Gamecenter Live on their TV's who doesn't want to use video game systems or anything like that, I'd highly recommend Apple TV for $99, especially if you're an iPhone or iPad user.

Guest CaliWingsNut

all you need is one simple cord to watch gcl on a tv, just sayin.

a simple cord, a $700 (+?) TV, and a cable contract for over $800/year... yeah, that's all ya need.

you can also buy old games on iTunes. For example, purchase all 6 games of the 2008 Stanley Cup series for $9.99 through iTunes.

GameCenter Live comes with old games for free, with the subscription.

Every game from the 2007/2008 season on, plus 500+ "classic" games dating back to the 60s. It pretty much has a majority of the playoffs games from the 90s and 00s.

a simple cord, a $700 (+?) TV, and a cable contract for over $800/year... yeah, that's all ya need.

To anyone looking to get more access to Gamecenter Live on their TV's who doesn't want to use video game systems or anything like that, I'd highly recommend Apple TV for $99, especially if you're an iPhone or iPad user.

he clearly states that you need to use a video game system to use gcl on a tv, you don't. gcl has nothing to do with cable, it is only on the internet.

Edited by jollymania

GCL works on many things now. All you really need is internet and something that access the internet.

computer, console, htpc/media center boxes, smartphones, tablets (computer/smartphone), I believe even some smart tvs have the ability to get it.

GCL works on many things now. All you really need is internet and something that access the internet.

computer, console, htpc/media center boxes, smartphones, tablets (computer/smartphone), I believe even some smart tvs have the ability to get it.

I have switched to only internet for everything home phone (skype), t.v (Netflixusversionsomuchbetter;), mobile texting (txtdrop.com), and my NHL come from LGW along with NHL gamecenter live on PS3. It saves money and through one router six people run there lives...Pretty sweet.

Was thinking about ditching my dish and getting this. Will most Detroit games be available, including playoffs?

It's not meant for people living (viewing) in the regional market, so if you live in MI you can't watch Wings games.