• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/13 GDT: Canucks 0 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

GREAT GDT as always!!

I think we are going to really take it to the nucks and welcome Schneider to Wings hockey.

Just visting the nucks HF board...geez...even the mods are morons.

"The Twins vs. old man Lidstrom will be a big matchup all game long. Lidstrom's slightly diminished footspeed is made up for by the exceptionally long leash he is given by officials to interfere with players.

I think Hodgson will have a big game. IMO, he looked incredibly strong against Philly last night, and I thought he could have scored a couple. I think his confidence is soaring, and if Samuelsson is able to keep coming to life (offensively, he was pretty good against Philly) that will be a benefit."

GREAT GDT as always!!

I think we are going to really take it to the nucks and welcome Schneider to Wings hockey.

Just visting the nucks HF board...geez...even the mods are morons.

"The Twins vs. old man Lidstrom will be a big matchup all game long. Lidstrom's slightly diminished footspeed is made up for by the exceptionally long leash he is given by officials to interfere with players.

I think Hodgson will have a big game. IMO, he looked incredibly strong against Philly last night, and I thought he could have scored a couple. I think his confidence is soaring, and if Samuelsson is able to keep coming to life (offensively, he was pretty good against Philly) that will be a benefit."

1270693145305.jpg

Hope Schneider is playing, I want the Wings to light them up but I have Luongo on my fantasy team.

Actually, I was hoping belly-flopping Luongo (GAA 3.89) would be in net which would mean at least 4 goals for us but too bad it is Schneider.

Edited by RedWingsRox

First GDT I've had a look at this season, and by god it's gorgeous. Great work HT (and Doc?) getting this together, it looks outstanding. :thumbup:

For a change the Canucks are the ones flying in after playing last night (and missing Kesler to boot) while the Wings have had an eternity to sit on their asses and watch the Tigers. This would be a schedule win but for the fact that they're still the Canucks and the Sedins will still score fourteen PPGs tonight. Still, advantage Detroit. Get those two points!

mlive reports Zetterberg and Datsyuk starting together, with Hudler Flip Franzen as the second line:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/10/well-rested_red_wings_looking.html

REALLY looking for Flip to have a strong game centering the second line. He needs it after being held off the score sheet in games 1 & 2.

1270693145305.jpg

That pic and the implied facepalm are instant classics in my book. :)

I'm going to this game against my better judgement because it's Pavel Bobblehead night, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time watching the Nucks after their disgraceful performances last year. I have no insight one way or the other, I'll just be screaming my fool head off in section 207.

GO WINGS!!

That pic and the implied facepalm are instant classics in my book. :)

I'm going to this game against my better judgement because it's Pavel Bobblehead night, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time watching the Nucks after their disgraceful performances last year. I have no insight one way or the other, I'll just be screaming my fool head off in section 207.

GO WINGS!!

Well hopefully the wings will rip about 5 on Schneider quick so they have to put in flopping flounder luongo and we score another 5 on him=) Just hoping you have a good game there=)

Tonight's forward lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Eaves and Brunnstrom out.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111013/SPORTS05/111013036/1053/sports05

This is different from the OP lines. (Eaves in for Homer) but if these are correct, I find it odd that Eaves isn't playing on a regular basis. Even if they have had two pretty good games as a team. I'm also anxious to see when Brunnstrom gets his first regular season start as well. I hope it's on Saturday.

This is different from the OP lines. (Eaves in for Homer) but if these are correct, I find it odd that Eaves isn't playing on a regular basis. Even if they have had two pretty good games as a team. I'm also anxious to see when Brunnstrom gets his first regular season start as well. I hope it's on Saturday.

According to the coach, these are the lines. Interesting that Emmerton has yet to sit.

Also, Babcock seems pretty confident that Brunnstrom will play as soon as Saturday.

Guest stinky fish taco

Interesting that Emmerton has yet to sit.

not really...he has the advantage of being a center.

Even though they say they're hungry, I'm worried about having had such a long break.

If the boys play a full 60 minutes, I say 3-2 Wings.

If they look like they are still watching baseball, I say 4-2 Canucks.

I'll be going tonight and will be rocking the "old man Lidstrom" jersey in 218A.

Go Wings!