410 replies to this topic

#21 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

GDT OP fully updated.

Holmstrom will play, and Datsyuk and Zetterberg will start on the same line.

The Wings plan to counter with a line featuring Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk, at least at the start of the game, Babcock said. Tomas Holmstrom also is in the lineup, for the sake of the power play.

http://www.freep.com...4/1053/sports05

Babcock's unsure of who sits between Miller, Eaves, and Emmerton. Brunnstrom is a healthy scratch but it sounds like he'll play Saturday.

http://www.mlive.com...d_wings_ea.html

Edited by rick zombo, 13 October 2011 - 09:52 AM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#22 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Never hurts to have another streamer!

I plan on streaming this game at http://freeredwings.tv. Fox Sports Detroit feed, Veemi stream, 800-1000 kbit/s

thanks bro

#23 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Thanks Hockeytown!

Hopefully going to the Joe tonight, let's go boys!!!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#24 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

A game? Already?? Hmm I hope the Wings aren't too tired from those other two games a week ago.

Anyway, the Nucks lost last night and will be looking to win this one. Will be very difficult for us, the first real test of this year's team.

Good to see Homer in the lineup, he always had a way to get inside Luongo's head.

Predicting a 4-3 OT win!

#25 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

I loved seeing Pavs and Z on the same line last game, hope that continues.

The Canucks looked pretty bad for the first period and a half last night, I didn't watch the rest.

I just want to see a win and a solid 60 and hopefully some improvement on the PP.

GO WINGS!!!
Posted Image

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

Schneider's never faced the Wings before, this should be interesting.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

GREAT GDT as always!!

I think we are going to really take it to the nucks and welcome Schneider to Wings hockey.

Just visting the nucks HF board...geez...even the mods are morons.

"The Twins vs. old man Lidstrom will be a big matchup all game long. Lidstrom's slightly diminished footspeed is made up for by the exceptionally long leash he is given by officials to interfere with players.

I think Hodgson will have a big game. IMO, he looked incredibly strong against Philly last night, and I thought he could have scored a couple. I think his confidence is soaring, and if Samuelsson is able to keep coming to life (offensively, he was pretty good against Philly) that will be a benefit."

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

GREAT GDT as always!!

I think we are going to really take it to the nucks and welcome Schneider to Wings hockey.

Just visting the nucks HF board...geez...even the mods are morons.

"The Twins vs. old man Lidstrom will be a big matchup all game long. Lidstrom's slightly diminished footspeed is made up for by the exceptionally long leash he is given by officials to interfere with players.

I think Hodgson will have a big game. IMO, he looked incredibly strong against Philly last night, and I thought he could have scored a couple. I think his confidence is soaring, and if Samuelsson is able to keep coming to life (offensively, he was pretty good against Philly) that will be a benefit."

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Hope Schneider is playing, I want the Wings to light them up but I have Luongo on my fantasy team.

Actually, I was hoping belly-flopping Luongo (GAA 3.89) would be in net which would mean at least 4 goals for us but too bad it is Schneider.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 13 October 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#30 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Tonight's forward lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary
Franzen-Filppula-Hudler
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Eaves and Brunnstrom out.

http://www.freep.com...6/1053/sports05

#31 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

always a great opportunity to beat the over-rated Canucks. Finally glad to have Red Wings back after too long after back to back games.

#32 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Abdelkader has came out playing feistier than I've seen him in a while so I'll say tongihts his first scrap

ROUND 2

Im thinking that Bertuzzi abby helm line plays great tonight for some reason

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#33 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

First GDT I've had a look at this season, and by god it's gorgeous. Great work HT (and Doc?) getting this together, it looks outstanding. :thumbup:

For a change the Canucks are the ones flying in after playing last night (and missing Kesler to boot) while the Wings have had an eternity to sit on their asses and watch the Tigers. This would be a schedule win but for the fact that they're still the Canucks and the Sedins will still score fourteen PPGs tonight. Still, advantage Detroit. Get those two points!
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#34 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

mlive reports Zetterberg and Datsyuk starting together, with Hudler Flip Franzen as the second line:

http://www.mlive.com...gs_looking.html

REALLY looking for Flip to have a strong game centering the second line. He needs it after being held off the score sheet in games 1 & 2.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#35 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image

That pic and the implied facepalm are instant classics in my book. :)

I'm going to this game against my better judgement because it's Pavel Bobblehead night, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time watching the Nucks after their disgraceful performances last year. I have no insight one way or the other, I'll just be screaming my fool head off in section 207.

GO WINGS!!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#36 bentcobra

bentcobra

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

"Im thinking that Bertuzzi abby helm line plays great tonight for some reason"

Me too, in my opinion they have been one of our best lines. Really impressed with Big Berts hustle so far this year

#37 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

That pic and the implied facepalm are instant classics in my book. :)

I'm going to this game against my better judgement because it's Pavel Bobblehead night, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time watching the Nucks after their disgraceful performances last year. I have no insight one way or the other, I'll just be screaming my fool head off in section 207.

GO WINGS!!

Well hopefully the wings will rip about 5 on Schneider quick so they have to put in flopping flounder luongo and we score another 5 on him=) Just hoping you have a good game there=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#38 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Tonight's forward lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary
Franzen-Filppula-Hudler
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Eaves and Brunnstrom out.

http://www.freep.com...6/1053/sports05

This is different from the OP lines. (Eaves in for Homer) but if these are correct, I find it odd that Eaves isn't playing on a regular basis. Even if they have had two pretty good games as a team. I'm also anxious to see when Brunnstrom gets his first regular season start as well. I hope it's on Saturday.

#39 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

I would like to know when Brunnstrom is gonna get in... Lets see what he has.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#40 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

This is different from the OP lines. (Eaves in for Homer) but if these are correct, I find it odd that Eaves isn't playing on a regular basis. Even if they have had two pretty good games as a team. I'm also anxious to see when Brunnstrom gets his first regular season start as well. I hope it's on Saturday.

According to the coach, these are the lines. Interesting that Emmerton has yet to sit.

Also, Babcock seems pretty confident that Brunnstrom will play as soon as Saturday.