• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#401 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

I had the game on but was also kinda busy on my laptop. I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt with that. I do know the Canucks took considerably more penalties than the Wings in the second and third periods though. I also know the Wings powerplay didn't exactly click last night either, but it's also tough to generate offense when you're a man down. And of course, that is the fault of the Canucks. Just saying. Hell, it's early in the season.

There were some bad calls in the game both ways. Don't look up the hip check by Ballard if you don't want to be sick.

Edited by hooon, 14 October 2011 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image

#402 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

Oh I heard it and caught it on the replay. Yeah bad call. Heard the Wings announcers couldn't believe it either. They received a fair amount of praise on another forum I post on. Apparently there was a bad call on Bertuzzi too.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#403 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

After Ballard's penalty on Zetterberg, Bertuzzi was promptly called for a nothing penalty as a makeup call.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#404 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

I always enjoy games against the Wings. Like the team - like the fans. For me and many Canucks fans (and other team's fans too I think), the Wings are kind of a litmus test for your team. If you can hold your own against them you're not too bad off.

#405 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

That's always a perfect compliment for Wings fans to hear.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#406 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

That's always a perfect compliment for Wings fans to hear.

Oh I did good?

I may be asked to turn in my certified "Canucks Fan" card now. The stereotype must not be broken. :P

#407 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

Oh I did good?

I may be asked to turn in my certified "Canucks Fan" card now. The stereotype must not be broken. :P

I was sitting next to 4 Nucks fans. They were awesome. My sister and I chatted with them throughout the game. (I wanted to make sure they weren't going to desecrate the Pavel bobbleheads they got!) Some of my fellow Wings fans embarrassed the hell out of us, razzing those guys the whole freakin' game.
It is entirely possible to be a die-hard fan of a team and not be an *******. Thank you. :)

The minute I heard O'Halloran's name, I groaned. He's a Wings killer usually, but he made stupid calls both ways and let some pretty serious stuff go. Can't we trade him for McCreary?
The hockey gods were with the Wings last night for sure, especially with Jimmah, but they appear to be frowning on our PP. I hope that improves shortly.
And yes, the crowd was uncharacteristically quiet last night until there was a goal or a fight; I can only surmise that it was because they were cheered out over the Tigers and/or there were more Nucks fans there than were sporting the colors.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#408 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

I was sitting next to 4 Nucks fans. They were awesome. My sister and I chatted with them throughout the game. (I wanted to make sure they weren't going to desecrate the Pavel bobbleheads they got!) Some of my fellow Wings fans embarrassed the hell out of us, razzing those guys the whole freakin' game.
It is entirely possible to be a die-hard fan of a team and not be an *******. Thank you. :)

Hey Vladdy. :D

I believe with every positive reaction there's an equal negative reaction (something like that). That's making me a little nervous at the moment. :P

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 14 October 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#409 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

When is the last time the wings got 2 SO in a row?

What comes in mind, SCF 2008 against Penguins.

Edited by Kerjuxaxaxa, 14 October 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#410 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

What comes in mind, SCF 2008 against Penguins.

Good call. That was the last year the wings actually had decent defense and goal tending

#411 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

When is the last time the wings got 2 SO in a row?

Pretty sure Ken said 2006 last night after the game.