• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

CBJ's Rough Start

Rate this topic

Umberger and Vermette combined for 104 points last year, and have one point combined in their ten games total.

They're sending down the kids (Atkinson, Calvert) but it looks like some vets might not be buying in to Arniel this year.

You mean the year Mason was 21st in save percentage while facing only 27 shots per game? The year Rick Nash scored 40 goals?

Mason was not the one carrying the team. He simply got the hype because he had some strong games behind a defense full of good solid stay at home guys like Mike Commodore. It was Nash's team.

Im gonna go ahead and point out your skewed stats, sure hes 21st if you include goalies that have played anywhere from one minute to 82 games played. Taking out those goalies whose body of work is not enough to compare to Mason's we find him much higher on the list. Using a minimum of 20 games which is low for NHL leader standards, we find him at 12th for save percentage, 3rd in GAA and 10 shutouts, 10 games where he earned his team a minimum of one point even if they didn't score. You're minimizing his accomplishments that year, he wasn't the sole reason for their good season, but was a major factor.

One of their reasons for a slow start also could be the suspension to WIz. No matter what you think of his contract or defensive play, there is denying he is a power play asset. The BJs were putting alot of stock in him eating up minutes and boosting their power play and putting up points. Missing an integral part of their team no matter how good you may think he is, will hurt the team.

This is why I love sports writers. Some of those dumbies were saying that Columbus were gonna challenge for the division title.. righttttt :lol: Mason since his rookie year has been a huge sieve, outside of suspended and overpaid Wisneniewski they have no defence. This team is a mess, if they keep it up Arniel will be out soon enough.

Losing 8-1 in the third to the Flyers. My guess is that there will be a couple additions to the unemployment line in Columbus by Monday.

9-2 now. This game has been a laugher (I'm visiting the parents, Dad is a huge Flyers fan). It hasn't been that close. Even the Flyers announcers made allusions to the likeliness of job openings in Columbus after the score hit 8-0.

9-2 now. This game has been a laugher (I'm visiting the parents, Dad is a huge Flyers fan). It hasn't been that close. Even the Flyers announcers made allusions to the likeliness of job openings in Columbus after the score hit 8-0.

If they wanted to toss Nash our way I wouldn't sneeze at it. But I have a feeing they are just going to switch coaches and hope that works.

If they wanted to toss Nash our way I wouldn't sneeze at it. But I have a feeing they are just going to switch coaches and hope that works.

I'd say we are in agreement. Think they'll bring Hitchcock back?

Guest Crymson

Kenny strongly intimated last night that HitchBLEEP would be returning.

That was an embarrassment.

I still can't believe Detroit lost to this team.

The Wings lost to the basement-dwelling Flyers in 2007, even AFTER that team had traded Forsberg. Then the Wings went on to come an inch from the SCF.

It happens. There are 82 games in a season. In hockey, more than in any other sport, games can go badly against even the worst teams.

Kenny strongly intimated last night that HitchBLEEP would be returning.

The Wings lost to the basement-dwelling Flyers in 2007, even AFTER that team had traded Forsberg. Then the Wings went on to come an inch from the SCF.

It happens. There are 82 games in a season. In hockey, more than in any other sport, games can go badly against even the worst teams.

Actually, that game was about two weeks before the trade deadline that year. I still remember watching it and getting more and more annoyed that the lowly Flyers were having their way with Joey Mac and the Wings.

Still though, it happens. Doesn't make the annoyance any smaller to know that a team that sits at 2-10-1 and got decimated by seven goals last night won their first game of the season against the Wings.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Guest Crymson

Actually, that game was about two weeks before the trade deadline that year. I still remember watching it and getting more and more annoyed that the lowly Flyers were having their way with Joey Mac and the Wings.

Whoops.

Still though, it happens. Doesn't make the annoyance any smaller to know that a team that sits at 2-10-1 and got decimated by seven goals last night won their first game of the season against the Wings.

They were desperate.