Carter is hurt (link).

#22 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

Carter is hurt (link).

That says they sent Calvert down- I wonder how long until they get Johansen out of that locker room as well?

#23 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Well, they made the playoffs several years back with a not much better roster than this one.

Of course, Mason basically carried them that year. Without him playing at that level, they're unable to overcome their other problems.

You mean the year Mason was 21st in save percentage while facing only 27 shots per game? The year Rick Nash scored 40 goals?

Mason was not the one carrying the team. He simply got the hype because he had some strong games behind a defense full of good solid stay at home guys like Mike Commodore. It was Nash's team.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#24 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Carter is hurt (link).

So how long does a hairline fracture on top of your foot keep you out for? I'm sure it hurts like hell but does anyone think he'll be out for more than a couple games?

#25 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

Let's hope the CBJ continue their slow start for at least one more game.

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

Minor news, but news nonetheless: Jackets recall Cody Bass from AHL Springfield.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

Let's hope the CBJ continue their slow start for at least four more games.

Fixed

Edited by legaleaglewingsfan, 18 October 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#28 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Per Kevin Allen's twitter, Carter is headed to the IR. So much for it just being one game.

#29 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Umberger and Vermette combined for 104 points last year, and have one point combined in their ten games total.

They're sending down the kids (Atkinson, Calvert) but it looks like some vets might not be buying in to Arniel this year.

#30 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

You mean the year Mason was 21st in save percentage while facing only 27 shots per game? The year Rick Nash scored 40 goals?

Mason was not the one carrying the team. He simply got the hype because he had some strong games behind a defense full of good solid stay at home guys like Mike Commodore. It was Nash's team.

Im gonna go ahead and point out your skewed stats, sure hes 21st if you include goalies that have played anywhere from one minute to 82 games played. Taking out those goalies whose body of work is not enough to compare to Mason's we find him much higher on the list. Using a minimum of 20 games which is low for NHL leader standards, we find him at 12th for save percentage, 3rd in GAA and 10 shutouts, 10 games where he earned his team a minimum of one point even if they didn't score. You're minimizing his accomplishments that year, he wasn't the sole reason for their good season, but was a major factor.

One of their reasons for a slow start also could be the suspension to WIz. No matter what you think of his contract or defensive play, there is denying he is a power play asset. The BJs were putting alot of stock in him eating up minutes and boosting their power play and putting up points. Missing an integral part of their team no matter how good you may think he is, will hurt the team.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Did Carter drop a bottle on his foot?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#32 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Mike Modano

#33 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

^ wow lol. he was pretty much all alone tonight. injuries/suspensions keeping this team from getting a real look at what they have this year though

#34 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

This is why I love sports writers. Some of those dumbies were saying that Columbus were gonna challenge for the division title.. righttttt :lol: Mason since his rookie year has been a huge sieve, outside of suspended and overpaid Wisneniewski they have no defence. This team is a mess, if they keep it up Arniel will be out soon enough.

#NOMOREKINDL

#35 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

Got the win tonight. Steve Mason looked good in net for the first time in a while.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#36 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Losing 8-1 in the third to the Flyers. My guess is that there will be a couple additions to the unemployment line in Columbus by Monday.

#37 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Losing 8-1 in the third to the Flyers. My guess is that there will be a couple additions to the unemployment line in Columbus by Monday.

9-2 now. This game has been a laugher (I'm visiting the parents, Dad is a huge Flyers fan). It hasn't been that close. Even the Flyers announcers made allusions to the likeliness of job openings in Columbus after the score hit 8-0.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#38 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

9-2 now. This game has been a laugher (I'm visiting the parents, Dad is a huge Flyers fan). It hasn't been that close. Even the Flyers announcers made allusions to the likeliness of job openings in Columbus after the score hit 8-0.

If they wanted to toss Nash our way I wouldn't sneeze at it. But I have a feeing they are just going to switch coaches and hope that works.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#39 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Lmao the guy from NHL on the fly was talking about how bad the cbj were getting owned in the first period and that by the third it was just a "s***ty" game!

#40 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

If they wanted to toss Nash our way I wouldn't sneeze at it. But I have a feeing they are just going to switch coaches and hope that works.

I'd say we are in agreement. Think they'll bring Hitchcock back?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.