• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

Whenever I hear the word Columbus in my mind the phrase that follows it is 'Market Value'.

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

That was an embarrassment.

I still can't believe Detroit lost to this team.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Kenny strongly intimated last night that HitchBLEEP would be returning.

That was an embarrassment.

I still can't believe Detroit lost to this team.

The Wings lost to the basement-dwelling Flyers in 2007, even AFTER that team had traded Forsberg. Then the Wings went on to come an inch from the SCF.

It happens. There are 82 games in a season. In hockey, more than in any other sport, games can go badly against even the worst teams.

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Kenny strongly intimated last night that HitchBLEEP would be returning.

The Wings lost to the basement-dwelling Flyers in 2007, even AFTER that team had traded Forsberg. Then the Wings went on to come an inch from the SCF.

It happens. There are 82 games in a season. In hockey, more than in any other sport, games can go badly against even the worst teams.

Actually, that game was about two weeks before the trade deadline that year. I still remember watching it and getting more and more annoyed that the lowly Flyers were having their way with Joey Mac and the Wings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnJwfoZayco

Still though, it happens. Doesn't make the annoyance any smaller to know that a team that sits at 2-10-1 and got decimated by seven goals last night won their first game of the season against the Wings.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 06 November 2011 - 12:34 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Actually, that game was about two weeks before the trade deadline that year. I still remember watching it and getting more and more annoyed that the lowly Flyers were having their way with Joey Mac and the Wings.

Whoops.

Still though, it happens. Doesn't make the annoyance any smaller to know that a team that sits at 2-10-1 and got decimated by seven goals last night won their first game of the season against the Wings.

They were desperate.

#46 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

and just when you think it wont get any worse for Columbus, they give Brett Lebda a PTO (professional try out)

#47 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

and just when you think it wont get any worse for Columbus, they give Brett Lebda a PTO (professional try out)

Posted Image

Edited by Doc Holliday, 07 November 2011 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

Was it Columbus? I thought it was just their AHL affiliate.

#49 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHSTwqCsyVY

#50 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

It's so cold in the C.

#51 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

I say we take advantage of their situation and trade for either their first round pick or try and rob them of Nash.

#52 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

Yeah other than Nash, who isn't going anywhere, God bless him, I don't think CBJ has anybody that I would especially want in a Wings jersey.

#53 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

I take back what I said about them turning it around. They are the worst team in the league.

I don't see why everyone seems to think Rick Nash is so untouchable. Yes,he's a star player who seems happy to stay on a crappy team (red flag), but they've changed management, coaches, and supporting cast and they still suck. The one constant in the suckitude that is Blue Jackets hockey is Rick "What's Backchecking?" Nash. Just sayin.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#54 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

I take back what I said about them turning it around. They are the worst team in the league.

I don't see why everyone seems to think Rick Nash is so untouchable. Yes,he's a star player who seems happy to stay on a crappy team (red flag), but they've changed management, coaches, and supporting cast and they still suck. The one constant in the suckitude that is Blue Jackets hockey is Rick "What's Backchecking?" Nash. Just sayin.

Why did you think they would turn it around? Was it because of James "Market Value" Wiz?

#55 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

They've responded so well to the four-day break, they're down 5-1 after 40 against Chicago, while getting outshot 30-19.

Wisniewski is -3 for the night so far.

Edited by mjlegend, 10 November 2011 - 08:50 PM.

#56 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Yeah other than Nash, who isn't going anywhere, God bless him, I don't think CBJ has anybody that I would especially want in a Wings jersey.

i'd take a flyer on Vermette or Boll everyone else on their team is trash. Nash wont go anywhere.

#57 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

The goal differential for the Blue Jackets, -22, is twice as worst as any other team.

Only two teams in the league have a two digit number in the win or loss column. Dallas has 11 wins, Columbus has 11 losses.

Columbus's 5 points in 15 games has them playing at a clip for under 28 points over an entire season.

Wisniewski is earning $1,000,000 for every -2 that he is in the past 3 games.

Edited my Wisniewski stats.

Edited by InKennyWeTrust, 10 November 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#58 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I remember that stupid press conference with Howson, Carter and Wisniewski when they talked about bringing a winning culture to Columbus this year. LOL good one fellas, this is one of the worst teams since the lockout, if not the worst. Whenever I remember the Blue Jackets in the playoffs (also lol) I love the fact that we obliterated them. Even the one game they were in (Game 4), we STILL found a way to be better and eliminate them. If only this sideshow season could be happening to Chicago.. :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#59 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

rumblings on twitter by mckenzie that columbus is involved in a trade.

edit:

columbus sends russell to st louis for prospect nikita nikitin

Edited by redwingfan19, 10 November 2011 - 11:15 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#60 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Sounds like the Jackets have also traded Fedor Tyutin to the Islanders for Evgeni Nabokov.