13 replies to this topic

#1 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

http://sports.yahoo....maining-content

I for one am all for this one, but im in the cat time zone.

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

then you ahve to give the same opportunity to the jackets. I say you let both teams do it, make it so the wings play the rags, leafs, canadiens, and bruins an extra few times and replace those games by having certain eastern teams play the western conference pacific and mountain teams a few more times a year and have them rotate. It would make it fair making eastern teams take more long roadtrips

Edited by jollymania, 13 October 2011 - 06:16 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

...anything that doesn't involve Detroit moving East is garbage. And if they end up staying in the West, this league will be absolute hogwash. (if it aint already)

Detroit to the East is the only answer.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#4 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Is handpicking our own refs for each game part of the concession?

:D

Also, the league must cut down on Holmstrom goalie interference calls. Only then will we stay west.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#5 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-Detroit-Red-Wings-8217-realignment-concess?urn=nhl-wp14717#remaining-content

I for one am all for this one, but im in the cat time zone.

That won't help in the playoffs. You can almost book it right now that at least half of the teams that make the playoffs in the Western Conference will be from the Pacific time zone. I suppose any less travel is some help, but I care way less about trips out west in October-March than I do about the ones after that.

#6 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

This again?
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#7 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

If I understand it correctly I like it. It sounds like they would get their six California and Western Canada games out of the way on two respective monster trips. They already do long trips anyway so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus the second game would be intense, like a mini-playoff series.

Am I the only one who favors staying in the West for competitive reasons? The Wings notoriously play down to inferior opponents and I'm not so sure they would dominate the East like many here.

#8 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

I don't like this at all, the problem with playing out West is during the playoffs, not the regular season. I love the late games even, but it will be a huge team benefit to not have to travel outside of the Eastern time zone.

#9 paulwoodsfan

paulwoodsfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Am I the only one who favors staying in the West for competitive reasons?

Not the only one. I enjoy the up-tempo style of play in the West way more than the grinding style of the East, and I like all of rivalries the Wings have out west. The best answer, IMO, would be to do a complete revamp that has every team travelling across time zones about the same amount, but in the absence of that I could support this compromise although to be truly "fair" it should also eliminate conferences altogether for the playoffs.

#10 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

I like the West too!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#11 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

This information was reported in a link I already posted weeks ago in one of the many other threads about realignment or the wings moving east. It was no doubt also posted by others.

Can we as a group stop making a new thread every time something is mentioned on this?

#12 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

I posted it because I didn't see the link elsewhere and the other post was simply about the southeast... is it really that bad?

#13 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Post the link again if you don't see it, just don't make a new thread every time is all i'm asking.

I'm not trying to pick on your either as others do it too, just something I noticed in general of late so I thought i would say something. Maybe it's just me though.

Any way's carry on.

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Is handpicking our own refs for each game part of the concession?

:D

Also, the league must cut down on Holmstrom goalie interference calls. Only then will we stay west.

Once in a blue moon you make sense. Maybe we can lobby for last change regardless of who is home?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".