• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sprsquirt7

Redwings concession for moving east

Rate this topic

then you ahve to give the same opportunity to the jackets. I say you let both teams do it, make it so the wings play the rags, leafs, canadiens, and bruins an extra few times and replace those games by having certain eastern teams play the western conference pacific and mountain teams a few more times a year and have them rotate. It would make it fair making eastern teams take more long roadtrips

Edited by jollymania

That won't help in the playoffs. You can almost book it right now that at least half of the teams that make the playoffs in the Western Conference will be from the Pacific time zone. I suppose any less travel is some help, but I care way less about trips out west in October-March than I do about the ones after that.

If I understand it correctly I like it. It sounds like they would get their six California and Western Canada games out of the way on two respective monster trips. They already do long trips anyway so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus the second game would be intense, like a mini-playoff series.

Am I the only one who favors staying in the West for competitive reasons? The Wings notoriously play down to inferior opponents and I'm not so sure they would dominate the East like many here.

I don't like this at all, the problem with playing out West is during the playoffs, not the regular season. I love the late games even, but it will be a huge team benefit to not have to travel outside of the Eastern time zone.

Am I the only one who favors staying in the West for competitive reasons?

Not the only one. I enjoy the up-tempo style of play in the West way more than the grinding style of the East, and I like all of rivalries the Wings have out west. The best answer, IMO, would be to do a complete revamp that has every team travelling across time zones about the same amount, but in the absence of that I could support this compromise although to be truly "fair" it should also eliminate conferences altogether for the playoffs.

Post the link again if you don't see it, just don't make a new thread every time is all i'm asking.

I'm not trying to pick on your either as others do it too, just something I noticed in general of late so I thought i would say something. Maybe it's just me though.

Any way's carry on.

Is handpicking our own refs for each game part of the concession?

:D

Also, the league must cut down on Holmstrom goalie interference calls. Only then will we stay west.

Once in a blue moon you make sense. Maybe we can lobby for last change regardless of who is home?