• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Flyers fans boo anti-cancer commercial

Rate this topic

Its not as big a deal as most people are making it out to be.

I think the way a lot of people are reacting to this is ridiculous. They are emotional based reponses ignoring all logic.

The fact is, if during a game at pretty much any arena, if you showed Crosby and Toews up on the big screen, people would boo. I doubt the people booing even realized it was a cancer add, they just saw their rivals and bood...like any other fanbase would.

I think some people just love to hate on the city and people of Philly.

Guest Shoreline

I looked at the comments and lol'd. I guess it really needs to be said that they (those fans) weren't booing Hockey Fights Cancer, they're displaying gamesmanship toward players. Too many fans like those in the comment section get their panties in a wad and start saying the Flyers fans love cancer or some dumbass nonsense statement synonymous with that. It's just a commercial, it's part of the game to boo players. Go have a healthy fap, maybe ten beers, and calm the f*** down.

Edited by Shoreline

When you watch the commercial, of course they'd boo. The first thing you see is Crosby. If they didn't want fans to boo, or actually listen to their message, they should film 30 of those commercials, one for each team/arena.

You guys are probably right, but let's not forget we're talking about Philadelphia here. Otherwise known as the cruellest fans in all of sports. They booed Santa Claus, after all.

Montreal would probably throw things at Santa Claus because he speaks too much english on TV.

Edited by BlakKy

Guest Shoreline

Montreal would probably throw things at Santa Claus because he speaks too much english on TV.

I was trying to think of something akin to the "breeze-by" days but sadly I drew a blank.

You guys are probably right, but let's not forget we're talking about Philadelphia here. Otherwise known as the cruellest fans in all of sports. They booed Santa Claus, after all.

They didn't just boo Santa they pelted him with snowballs. The original fat Santa couldn't get to the game so they recruited a skinny Santa from the crowd - when the fans saw how pathetic he looked they started booing and throwing snowballs.

They didn't just boo Santa they pelted him with snowballs. The original fat Santa couldn't get to the game so they recruited a skinny Santa from the crowd - when the fans saw how pathetic he looked they started booing and throwing snowballs.

You are right, not to mention the Eagles pelted the skinny drunk santa clause in 1968 when the Eagles were loosing to the Minnesota Vikings and finished off last place 2-12. They hired a drunk skinny santa who was at the game as a fan to attend the game to run on the field. Its like they were shooting him with guns. The fan was Ocean City native Frank Olivio. They tracke dhim down last year and said he got a laught when they started to throw snowballs. Got snowballs are the most non lethal thing they could have thrown.

Now on the flyers fans behalf I live in Philadelphia area and hate the Flyers. I have to defend them on the basis of they were not booing cancer. They couldnt hear what was being said on the screen. They saw Crosby who they hate, Towes who just held the cup up in their building a few seasons ago, and Ryan Miller who gave them fits in the playoffs last season so they booed. After the video was over it says NHL fights cancer.

These are the same fans that in 1993 on his 1st game back from radiation gave Mario Lemieux a 7 minute standing ovation for a player that they despised. Every time he touched the puck they cheered. He got a goal in a Philadelphia 5-4 win and Lemieux got a cheer from the crowd when he scored. This situation is so blown out of proportion.

I'm an Eagles fan and the Santa Claus story is very overblown. The Eagles were a pathetic team in 1968 and were in the running for the 1st overall pick the in the draft. The guy every wanted to draft was non other than OJ Simpson. The Eagles lost the first 11 games that season and looked like shoo-in for OJ. They then ended up winning 2 meaningless games and losing their shot at OJ. The fans at that game were just plain cranky, the Eagles sucked, they lost their chance at OJ and many had to fight through a snowstorm to arrive at the game and then remove snow off their seat before they could sit down. Then on comes this skinny pathetic looking Santa who also appeared to be drunk (Reports differ on whether this is true). So there they were; cranky, tired, cold, and provided with ample snow ammunition for this stumbling sad Santa. If you put that recipe in ANY NFL city I say the same result happens.

This latest incident is also overblown and god bless Philly sports fans for being the passionate bunch that they are.

Other than Miller, I have no real love for the people they put in this commercial. I wouldn't boo it, but it wouldn't make me anymore inclined to donate either.

You are right, not to mention the Eagles pelted the skinny drunk santa clause in 1968 when the Eagles were loosing to the Minnesota Vikings and finished off last place 2-12. They hired a drunk skinny santa who was at the game as a fan to attend the game to run on the field. Its like they were shooting him with guns. The fan was Ocean City native Frank Olivio. They tracke dhim down last year and said he got a laught when they started to throw snowballs. Got snowballs are the most non lethal thing they could have thrown.

Now on the flyers fans behalf I live in Philadelphia area and hate the Flyers. I have to defend them on the basis of they were not booing cancer. They couldnt hear what was being said on the screen. They saw Crosby who they hate, Towes who just held the cup up in their building a few seasons ago, and Ryan Miller who gave them fits in the playoffs last season so they booed. After the video was over it says NHL fights cancer.

These are the same fans that in 1993 on his 1st game back from radiation gave Mario Lemieux a 7 minute standing ovation for a player that they despised. Every time he touched the puck they cheered. He got a goal in a Philadelphia 5-4 win and Lemieux got a cheer from the crowd when he scored. This situation is so blown out of proportion.

I'm an Eagles fan and the Santa Claus story is very overblown. The Eagles were a pathetic team in 1968 and were in the running for the 1st overall pick the in the draft. The guy every wanted to draft was non other than OJ Simpson. The Eagles lost the first 11 games that season and looked like shoo-in for OJ. They then ended up winning 2 meaningless games and losing their shot at OJ. The fans at that game were just plain cranky, the Eagles sucked, they lost their chance at OJ and many had to fight through a snowstorm to arrive at the game and then remove snow off their seat before they could sit down. Then on comes this skinny pathetic looking Santa who also appeared to be drunk (Reports differ on whether this is true). So there they were; cranky, tired, cold, and provided with ample snow ammunition for this stumbling sad Santa. If you put that recipe in ANY NFL city I say the same result happens.

This latest incident is also overblown and god bless Philly sports fans for being the passionate bunch that they are.

These. If you know the real story of The Great Pelting of Santa Claus, you know it's because they were finally fed up with the BS the owners were pulling with the team, and took it out out (poorly, mind you) on a skinny Santa Claus.

I'm from Philly, but my dad's from Detroit and I was raising right, but there's plenty of other things to hate Philly sports fans for- cheering injuried players (Michael Irvin) or throwing batteries at players (quite a few but J D Drew comes to mind) - so stop the ZOMG THEY BOOED SANTA thing.

Edited by thedisappearer