• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

Ericsson needs to develop into a PP pointman. He's got a hard shot.

Ericsson needs to learn how to use his shot in a real game, and how to make an accurate pass at game speed.

He has the physical tools right now to be a pretty good point man if he can learn how to put it together; he has not been able to do so in several years of development.

At his age, you don't "develop" anymore. Either he'll learn or he won't.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#22 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

I'm glad that the Wings are trying new things - that was the whole point of the new, young assistant coaches. Likely it was one of their ideas, and no, it's not really working. But I like that the Wings are trying to be innovative.

It might not work now, but we're still winning games, so I'm fine with them experimenting. Some different looks may serve us well in the playoffs, especially if we find some new things during the year that really click for the players.

#23 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

I think like anything it's too early too tell. Obviously anything that isn't working should be getting looked after, but there are certainly plenty of times during any season where a team with a successful power play will go 3-4 games without getting a PPG. Zetterberg is another good example. One goal in four games doesn't look good, but go back to the middle of any season where he's doing great and you'll see examples of similar stretches. Being at the beginning of the season magnifies it, but it's really nothing out of the ordinary, at least not yet. Everything will eventually progress or regress towards the mean (unless it doesn't!).
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#24 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

I was pretty much screaming at the TV on the PP in OT last game. The first unit came out and not one person was moving or in front of the net. Resulted in nothing. Wont complain til it cost us a game. It almost did last game.

I dont like huds on the point. Rather havef****** bertuzzi, harder better shot and huds can play his half boards.

#25 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

The only reason i can see the wings having hudler on the PP is to give him ample chance's to start talling points to showcase him for future trade.

#26 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

If you are trying to be too cute or doing the same thing over and over again and it isn't working, something needs changing. I don't care how they do it as long as it works sometimes. And good news is they are still winning, so they have the flexibility somewhat to experiment.

#27 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Just to update, looks like they ditched the pp strategy I was complaining about... Maybe they check this forum for approval???

Goes to show, tweak what is proven and it works... Thats why we are now ~80% on our PP after going back to the system...
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

The only reason i can see the wings having hudler on the PP is to give him ample chance's to start talling points to showcase him for future trade.

How about because he's one of Detroit's most offensively capable players?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."