• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Nice bit on Wings in SI Power Rankings

Rate this topic

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/adrian_dater/10/18/power.rankings/index.html?sct=nhl_t12_a1

1 Detroit Red Wings

Last Week: 1

Detroit Red Wings (4-0-0)

Probably not enough has been written about this fact: the Wings have had 11 straight 100 points-or-more seasons. That is simply astonishing. When will this team ever slip? It hasn't yet, and Detroit rumbled into the week still unbeaten, 4-0 for the first time since its repeat Cup season of 1997-98. This team arguably has more of an intimidating aura than any in pro sports. You can still feel a sort of fear factor at work on every opponent, and with good reason. Last week: 2-0-0

im referring mostly to the last part. I love how my favorite team has been the best franchise in pro sports for the last 20 years :thumbup:

Guest 13GoWings40

Hell yeah! Nice to see someone give us some respect for our accomplishments instead of predicting an inevitable decline because of our old players

Guest Crymson

im referring mostly to the last part. I love how my favorite team has been the best franchise in pro sports for the last 20 years :thumbup:

I feel lucky for it too; us fans are truly fortunate to have had this team to cheer for over the last two decades. And so it bothers me when others do not feel similarly, and instead choose to vociferously whine and catastrophize at every minor negative the team faces.

Edited by Crymson

I feel lucky for it too; us fans are truly fortunate to have had this team to cheer for over the last two decades. And so it bothers me when others do not feel similarly, and instead choose to vociferously whine and catastrophize at every minor negative the team faces.

totally agree, NO other fan base has it better than us!