• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

I don't see Holland making any blockbuster trades. Our quality assets are untouchable and Holland won't trade draft picks unless two or three more picks are coming back.

Also, I think GMs are cautious about the cap for 2012/2013 season and don't want to put themselves in a hole if the cap goes down. Not to mention Holland will be giving out some significant raises to our core players.

I expect no trades unless it's for a no name plug or a waiver pickup.

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

You're right about those guys, but a team needing to unload cap space that won't make playoffs in need of a strong center might be willing to part with a second-line scorer for someone like Flip. Or throw in a pick to sweeten the deal.

Wings won't throw in a core player for a rental player. It's not Holland works.

Filppula Won't be traded. Wings Won't get a star player. For a third line scrub last trade deadline it was costing at least a first round pick. Our first round pick last season saw us land a top six forward and a 4-5 DMan this past summer. I honestly just don't see any room for anyone at the moment. Unless we packaged Emmerton and Hudler along a mid tier pick, i don't see anyone of note being traded to us. And with the way Hudler has been playing, I don't think you trade him (Unless he really picks up his game, then we could trade him for a veteran with 3-4 years of good hockey left at the deadline). But the Wings are NOT trading for anyone 27 or under that is really good or has amazing potential. This isn't a G'damn video game.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Personally I'd rather see the Wings hang on to all that money until off-season and see what happens with this seasons players contracts and see who's coming back and who's leaving thant decide who to get and load the roster with some great veteran talent as well as bringing up a few players from GR and getting the right nucleas and core for next season. Since some big contracts are going to be up after this season it would be nice to get loaded up on some top league talent. I'm not saying I'm giving up on this season as far as the Wings getting a Cup but I'd have to believe that next season's team will have a better chance than this season's team.