• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

How much of a steal was James Neal for Pitt?

Rate this topic

I disagree with you that Dat's linemates have ripped it up? Tell me who to be exact? Not trying to pick a fight just wondering? Dat's is going to make any player on his line better no doubt about it but he can't put the puck in the net for them.

Malkin is a great player almost the same caliber with Dat's yet he's younger. Same thing yet Neal's numbers are better.

That's why Pittsburgh is deep right now they have a healthy and strong squad. s*** even when they weren't healthy they were winning games. Unlike us. I like to give credit where credit is due and I don't expect a lot of Wings fans to agree.

No doubt. But Neal was scoring in Dallas and look what he's doing now. And he's young. He just needs to round out his defensive game a bit I think.

The pens system relies more on a grind, they play a more physical game and they have the speed to dump and chase. They can afford to dump the puck because they know they will most likely come out of the puck battle (if there is) with it. When you have speed and players that are willing to dig deep and work the boards and corners, you can work without your main superstars and get away with games. Besides, Fluery also stood on his head and kept them in it (besides Malkin basically just destroying the league by himself).

Everyone has benefited from Pasha, but understand his game is completely and I mean completely different than Malkins. While you can consider both Malkin and Pasha a playmaker, they use different elements in their game. Pasha revolves around his slick moves to create space, Malkin... creates space with his body. He's strong on the puck (Pasha is very strong on the puck, but throw a big enough body and they'll get him off of it.) and his shot is a beaut.

I understand noone has simply "tore it up" with pasha, but many have benefited by being on his line and he has caused inflated linemate stats himself.

Everyone saying it's his line mates needs to get a clue.

How about Dat's linemats why aren't they ripping it up with all their feeds huh? I think people don't like to give credit where credit is due. Yes line mates help but in the end you need to finish. Neal can finish.

Ask Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy if their stats have been boosted over the past 4 games because Crosby has been inserted as their centre. Cooke has 4 goals and 6pts over those 4 games and Kennedy has 2 goals and 6pts.

It doesn't always work the same way with centres, but it depends on the player. Crosby, for example, seems to produce regardless of who he plays with. That said, I don't think he's ever really had the opportunity to play with a true sniper on his wing. I think Neal was brought in to play with Crosby eventually, but with Crosby out, looks like he's developed good chemistry with Malkin.

The pens system relies more on a grind, they play a more physical game and they have the speed to dump and chase. They can afford to dump the puck because they know they will most likely come out of the puck battle (if there is) with it. When you have speed and players that are willing to dig deep and work the boards and corners, you can work without your main superstars and get away with games. Besides, Fluery also stood on his head and kept them in it (besides Malkin basically just destroying the league by himself).

Everyone has benefited from Pasha, but understand his game is completely and I mean completely different than Malkins. While you can consider both Malkin and Pasha a playmaker, they use different elements in their game. Pasha revolves around his slick moves to create space, Malkin... creates space with his body. He's strong on the puck (Pasha is very strong on the puck, but throw a big enough body and they'll get him off of it.) and his shot is a beaut.

I understand noone has simply "tore it up" with pasha, but many have benefited by being on his line and he has caused inflated linemate stats himself.

I agree with you totally on both players and with what you've said. It makes me sad to be honest because imo Neal is a top six forward. Something we've lacked the last 2 seasons. Something that hasn't been addressed. Our team can't really win consistenly without Dat's in the lineup. It's frustrating because once again imo I think Pittsburgh stole Neal from Dallas. And if Crosby can stay healthy (?) and Malkin they are going to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Ask Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy if their stats have been boosted over the past 4 games because Crosby has been inserted as their centre. Cooke has 4 goals and 6pts over those 4 games and Kennedy has 2 goals and 6pts.

It doesn't always work the same way with centres, but it depends on the player. Crosby, for example, seems to produce regardless of who he plays with. That said, I don't think he's ever really had the opportunity to play with a true sniper on his wing. I think Neal was brought in to play with Crosby eventually, but with Crosby out, looks like he's developed good chemistry with Malkin.

If Crosby was paired with Hudler and Holmstrom both of those players would probably put up the same numbers. Kind of off topic from the thread but Crosby is that good.

If Crosby was paired with Hudler and Holmstrom both of those players would probably put up the same numbers. Kind of off topic from the thread but Crosby is that good.

That's what I'm saying, players benefit from who the play with.....depending on who they play with.

Lucky for Dallas Ryder stepped up in a big way this season, people probably don't even realize the guy has 57 points with 32 goals and is a +20. He's been one of the quieter assets to the team's success this season and seems to have filled that goal scoring void left by Neal's departure.