• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#341 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

so am i the only one who caught micks gaff at the end of the game tonight?

Which one?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#342 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Which one?

when bert got kneed and mick went off about how it "ends guys careers and they got families to feed" etc. moore instantly popped in my head and i found it awkward and ironic at the same time.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#343 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

when bert got kneed and mick went off about how it "ends guys careers and they got families to feed" etc. moore instantly popped in my head and i found it awkward and ironic at the same time.

that's just called talking about the now, not the past.

#344 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

That's Stats

Filppula (2+5) and Franzén (4+3) lead the team with 7 points each.

The top defensive pairing of Lidström and White have scored 4 goals combined while all the other defensemen are still scoreless.

Zetterberg leads the team by wide margin with 25 shots but still has just 1 goal.

Notable players with 0 goals: Cleary, Holmström, Kronwall, Helm.

Franzén has played center for a few games now but hasn't fared well in the faceoff circle with winning percentage of just 28.1. Cory Emmerton has struggled too with %33.3. Dastyuk, Helm and Filppula are safely over %50.

No one on the team has a minus +/- rating. Stuart and Eaves are the only ones with 0 +/-.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#345 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

I actually immediately thought of this too.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#346 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Brunnstrom makes his debut... hoping he has a good first game this season!

Edit: Oops! this post should be in the GDT for tomorrow!

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 22 October 2011 - 12:12 AM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#347 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Here's hoping.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#348 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Dayum ... that was one fine game by the boys in red .. except for the 1st goal when our defense kinda left the shooter alone.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 21 October 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#349 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

That was a fun game to watch. Had a little bit of everything.

Tomorrow should be a hell of a game. Big test for both teams.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#350 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

Can't say that I feel sorry for Columbus.

Bet Wiz is wishing he signed with Detroit right about now.

#351 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

Can't say that I feel sorry for Columbus.

Bet Wiz is wishing he signed with Detroit right about now.

I'll take White any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Then you incorporate their pay, White wins by a landslide, but I know what you mean when you posted this. Some players care about money while other care about tradition and team atmosphere.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#352 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

What you said. White has been a very pleasant surprise for Detroit. I didn't expect him to be stellar, but he's been a terrific replacement for Raffy so far.

#353 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

What you said. White has been a very pleasant surprise for Detroit. I didn't expect him to be stellar, but he's been a terrific replacement for Raffy so far.

Too bad the Red Wings are too old, though. And Holland is an idiot for not spending to the cap. Posted Image

/sarcasm.

It's hard to believe that during the 90s and 00s that this is the first time since the mid 70s the Wings have had such a great start.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#354 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

Pavel Datsyuk and Darren Helm went a combined 25-for-33 in the faceoff circle versus the Blue Jacket.

Ouch.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#355 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

I'll take White any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Then you incorporate their pay, White wins by a landslide, but I know what you mean when you posted this. Some players care about money while other care about tradition and team atmosphere.

pshhhhhhhhhh no way. i love white, hes been so good, but wiz is better. its purely the pay check why i wouldnt want him. sooooooooo overpaid.

#356 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

The one night I miss the Wings, they run their opponent out of the building and Ericsson does well against Dorsett in a scrap. Nobody in the Joe was sitting down for that one :clap:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#357 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

#358 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

I didn't watch the game so I just saw that Ericsson had a pretty good fight against Dorsett. Way to go Big E!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman