• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/22 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Capitals 7

Rate this topic

Guest Save The Octopus

I made the right decision to watch MSU tonight. Just one of those games. Hope the Caps can make a run at the 10-0 record.

I don't know what happened tonight. I've watched the whole game, and aside from errant passes the Wings really deserved to win this game.

I really think Conklin (keep in mind I'm a fan of his) let the team down. All of these goals were his fault, really. Embarassing. Then again, I don't know why Babcock went with the backup who only played one game against the most potent offense in the league. Conklin should have played last night and Howard tonight.

I don't know what happened tonight. I've watched the whole game, and aside from errant passes the Wings really deserved to win this game.

I really think Conklin (keep in mind I'm a fan of his) let the team down. All of these goals were his fault, really. Embarassing. Then again, I don't know why Babcock went with the backup who only played one game against the most potent offense in the league. Conklin should have played last night and Howard tonight.

When you're losing by 6 goals, you do not deserve to win the game.

When you're losing by 6 goals, you do not deserve to win the game.

You know what I mean. Do you really blame anyone but Conklin for this game? Add in all the posts and near-misses. All of Washington's decent shots went in. Vokoun was amazing this game. If Howard in net we're looking at a 2-1 game, I think. Hopefully Conks can shake it off. THe Wings really dominated most of the game, other than some terrible turnovers.

You know what I mean. Do you really blame anyone but Conklin for this game? Add in all the posts and near-misses. All of Washington's decent shots went in. Vokoun was amazing this game. If Howard in net we're looking at a 2-1 game, I think. Hopefully Conks can shake it off. THe Wings really dominated most of the game, other than some terrible turnovers.

Conklin had a bad game, but the Wings still only scored 1 goal. And they had two 5 on 3's. Datsyuk and Z were dangerous in the first but otherwise mostly quiet. for the most part so were Mule, Hudler and Flip. (Hudler and Mule didn't register a SOG). Bad passing and turnovers most of the night. Some of it because of the Caps, some of it just bad play.

I wouldn't in any way say they dominated. Most of the shots on goal weren't that quality of chances.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

You're going to have those games in every season. As long as they don't happen too often (like they did toward the end of last season), we'll be fine. If we lost like that against Columbus or Phoenix, then I might be worried. But Washington? They're 7-0 for a reason.

Conks was obviously not good tonight, and he would be the first to admit it- - he probably will. This was one of those frustrating games to watch, we get some every year. The good thing out of this is that it will motivate the boys to tighten up and come out full force against the BJ's. But seriously, Cleary NEEDS to be taken off that line... Dats and Z by themselves would be better than with Cleary there. I think the lines for next game should be:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Hudler- Filpulla- Franzen

Bert- Helm- Abdelkator

Cleary- Emmerton- Miller

- - another note, why is babcock not using White on the 5 on 3's with Lidstrom? That gives them more options. Other than that, the Wings are 5-1, so losing like this will do good on the long run.

I really do hate it when Babcock won't play Howard on back to back nights. Especially since he just had 6 days off! It's not like he's 39 years old, he's a kid, he can handle it. I know why they didn't play Conklin last night, it's out of respect for the opponent. As much as they won't admit it, it's just an unwritten rule that you don't put your scrub goalie in net against a s***ty team "just because".

Guest Sebastian88
:siren: :siren: :siren:RED HOT WINGS !!!! RED HOT WINGS !!! RED HOT WINGS !!!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: