• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/22 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Capitals 7

Rate this topic

Pretty awful game.

That's the thing with losses. When the team loses there is more to discuss regarding what needs to improve. In a win there is normally a couple pages of circle-jerking whoever played well and that's that. Shouldn't be shocking that there are a bunch of pages for a first loss, especially one where the Wings get brutalized.

Pretty much. Don't know why people are surprised at this obvious fact.

Circle jerking doesn't lead to much actual hockey discussion.

Pretty much. Don't know why people are surprised at this obvious fact.

Circle jerking doesn't lead to much actual hockey discussion.

Based on the bitching and complaining that I have seen after a loss, it doesn't lead to much actual hockey discussion either. I really chock it up to an emotional response. If you want actual hockey discussion and less of an emotional response, its not easy to find.

Pretty awful game.

That's the thing with losses. When the team loses there is more to discuss regarding what needs to improve. In a win there is normally a couple pages of circle-jerking whoever played well and that's that. Shouldn't be shocking that there are a bunch of pages for a first loss, especially one where the Wings get brutalized.

I agree, but there aren't a bunch of pages here, really. Nine isn't really a lot here, win or lose.

Just watched the game on my DVR. We got drubbed. Oh well.

Yeah I did the same thing. Watched the game this morning and I haven't seen us that bad since we got our asses beat by Nashville in 08. We just weren't there and it sucks we got killed but I mean we are 5-1! We couldn't have asked for a better start (6-0 obviously) but we are 5-1 and have a PP that can't do anything so there is room for improvement.

We got drubbed but it's early in the season. We can't win them all.

Let's go Wings!

Well, um, that wasn't fun to watch. We had an unlucky first period, and then two just plain bad ones. Was gonna say I wish Miller had played instead of Emmerton, but I'm pretty sure we would have lost anyway, so whatever. I hope Conklin's night was just a fluke. I'll forgive him this time, but pleeeaaase don't do that again.

I'm glad we're playing the Sharks the game after next, so we can get a better feel for how we're doing. So far we've been playing a bunch of teams like the Sens and BJs, which doesn't tell you much unless you lose.

The fact our first loss was a prison-sexing could actually be a good thing if you're thinking positively... Now it's time for the players and coaching staff to step back and assess the issues.

I honestly don't think there is much to discuss for improving this team, they had an off night. Period. The first half of the first period looked like a nice prelude to this years Stanley Cup Final, but I think the two quick goals killed them and they were just scrambling from there. Their only goal came on a 5 on 3, and had yet another 5 on 3 to add to it, but to no avail. Vokoun played lights out (as he always did against Detroit when he was with Nashville) and that just added to the Wings frustrations. But hey, if they are gonna win 5 out of every 6 games, then I think we are in for a enjoyable season! I'll take it. It would've been nice to have the intensity of the first half of the first period all night long, but, meh, they'll get over it and who knows, maybe they'll win 5 more in a row!

I didn't really see enough of Brunnstrom to evaluate him (too busy switching from MSU game (Go Sparty!)) did he looked bad or ok? I am excited to see Commodore come in and play soon (hopefully,) with the way Ericsson is muscling himself around, that duo could be very hard to play against!

Anyhow, not too worried about the blowout, Washington had more to prove than the Wings, lets just turn this into a positive and take out Columbus with a heavy sword!

Guest Crymson

Highlights when he was with Kurt Maltby and Darrell McCarty? They were a heck of a line back in the 90s :ph34r:

It's Darren McCarthy, thanks.