• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#321 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

Conks was obviously not good tonight, and he would be the first to admit it- - he probably will. This was one of those frustrating games to watch, we get some every year. The good thing out of this is that it will motivate the boys to tighten up and come out full force against the BJ's. But seriously, Cleary NEEDS to be taken off that line... Dats and Z by themselves would be better than with Cleary there. I think the lines for next game should be:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer
Hudler- Filpulla- Franzen
Bert- Helm- Abdelkator
Cleary- Emmerton- Miller

- - another note, why is babcock not using White on the 5 on 3's with Lidstrom? That gives them more options. Other than that, the Wings are 5-1, so losing like this will do good on the long run.

#322 Wingfan191

Wingfan191

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

I really do hate it when Babcock won't play Howard on back to back nights. Especially since he just had 6 days off! It's not like he's 39 years old, he's a kid, he can handle it. I know why they didn't play Conklin last night, it's out of respect for the opponent. As much as they won't admit it, it's just an unwritten rule that you don't put your scrub goalie in net against a s***ty team "just because".

#323 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Better beat Columbus on Tuesday or we might need a major shake up :lol:

In other news, Columbus allowed 2 goals in the final minute to lose to Ottawa lmao

Posted Image

#324 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

If we lost like that against Columbus or Phoenix, then I might be worried.

Lest we forget the 12000-1 beatdowns the Wings have suffered at the hands of the BJs and Preds over the last few seasons. :P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#325 Sebastian88

Sebastian88

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren: RED HOT WINGS !!!! RED HOT WINGS !!! RED HOT WINGS !!!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

#326 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

LOL, we lose and still can't manage 10 pages. Thanks for not being overreactionary, guys. :thumbup:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#327 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Guys, in good news, the Griffins are up 2-0.

Nyquist has an assist, as does Smith, Nestrasil a G+A, and Aubry looks excellent.

:thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#328 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

You're going to have those games in every season. As long as they don't happen too often (like they did toward the end of last season), we'll be fine. If we lost like that against Columbus or Phoenix, then I might be worried. But Washington? They're 7-0 for a reason.

Actually it worries me that the Wings didn't get more fired up for this game. I can actually accept a loss like this better against a "bad" team like Columbus when the players might not be 100% focused. Against Washington everyone should be on their toes.

I gotta say though that they didn't look terrible in the 1st and it just seemed like with every goal that Conklin let past him their energy dipped more and more. They got some of it back with the 3-1 goal but then Conklin took it away again with the 4th goal.

It sucks to blame just one guy but really this loss was 90% Conklin. The other 10% is Babcock because I can't figure out why he didn't play Conklin yesterday and Howard today. Makes zero sense and didn't turn out well.

#329 cvv8

cvv8

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

I'll take the blame for this one.

I finally start commenting, and this is what happens...

#330 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Lest we forget the 12000-1 beatdowns the Wings have suffered at the hands of the BJs and Preds over the last few seasons. :P

Exactly! Didn't Columbus pummel us something like 9-1 a couple seasons ago?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#331 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Exactly! Didn't Columbus pummel us something like 9-1 a couple seasons ago?

Remember the St. Louis game last season where we all started rooting for the Blues to hit double-digit goals? That was awesome fun.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#332 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Remember the St. Louis game last season where we all started rooting for the Blues to hit double-digit goals? That was awesome fun.

Ha, yes! That game was awesome. As a fandom, we just need to learn how to enjoy losses like that more. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#333 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Ha, yes! That game was awesome. As a fandom, we just need to learn how to enjoy losses like that more. :D

Beatdowns happen so rarely to the Wings that you do just have to admire it in a twisted sort of way, haha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#334 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

That was one hell of a 100th game, Fabian Brunnstrom.

Posted Image

#Iknowitwasntallhisfault

#335 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

That was one hell of a 100th game, Fabian Brunnstrom.

Posted Image

#Iknowitwasntallhisfault

hahahaha... knew this was coming...

Edited by dicksmack, 22 October 2011 - 09:03 PM.

Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#336 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

I rather the Wings lose like this instead of the games where we control the play all night. Those are the infuriating ones.

#337 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

What a way to blow all the individual and team stats out of the water. Disappointing night for such a big hyped up game between 2 unbeaten teams :(

#338 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren: RED HOT WINGS !!!! RED HOT WINGS !!! RED HOT WINGS !!!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Why waste a neg on a 1 poster when you can save them for stinkyfishtaco...Didn't see the game tonight and the score just freaking floored me! Wont lie I was a little relieved when I saw Howard didn't play, but feel horrible for Conks. Can't win them all, here's to an 81 for 82 season . :thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#339 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

I missed the game due to work, didn't read this thread, but is the sky falling and people over-reacting to one game?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#340 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

I missed the game due to work, didn't read this thread, but is the sky falling and people over-reacting to one game?

I missed it as well. But it looks like we are just laughing it off, it's one of "those" games.